Paris anti-terror raid 'foils imminent French attack'

webfact

Paris anti-terror raid 'foils imminent French attack'

606x341_328119.jpg

PARIS: -- French authorities say an anti-terrorist operation in a Paris suburb has foiled an imminent attack on French soil.

One man was arrested at Argenteuil northwest of the capital and explosives were reportedly discovered.

There is not thought to be a link with either November’s attacks in Paris or those in Brussels this week, according to the French interior minister.

“This operation follows an important arrest(…) which allowed us to foil an attack being plotted in France, which was at an advanced stage. The individual arrested, of French nationality, is suspected of being involved at a high level, in this plot. He was operating within a terrorist network which was planning to strike our country,” Bernard Cazeneuve said at a news briefing.

Since the jihadist attacks in Paris against the magazine Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish supermarket in January 2015, several more plots in France have been foiled according to the authorities.

Since the beginning of this year, 75 people have been arrested over terrorist-related activities, 37 of whom have been charged, with 28 of them remaining in custody, Bernard Cazeneuve said.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-25

This is just the beginning.

Only one way to defeat ISIS.

Round them all up in ONE place and exterminate them.

Including deporting them from other countries.

Like i have said before Countries let the SCUM in.

Now they have to deal with them.

Maybe if we didn t bomb them for 30 years we had avoided some of them.

As long as USA/Europe/Israel do not understand that their foreign politics in middle east is a TOTAL failure this will continue unfortunatly

As long as USA/Europe/Israel do not understand that their foreign politics in middle east is a TOTAL failure this will continue unfortunately

We bomb them back into the Stone Age, and then we ask them why Islam has not had an Enlightened Reformation.

Many Muslim scholars are actively seeking this Enlightened Reformation, and are openly criticising the "by the sword" archaic parts of Islamic literature. But the point is that this type of scholarly discourse can not occur in any nation that has been literally bombed back into the Stone Age. Enlightened Reformations take a long time, and they require basic levels of stability and peace in order to flower.

The internet offers hope, because Muslim scholars are able to discuss Enlightened Reformation issues, without fear of being killed by extremist thugs, or bombed into the Stone Ages by drones etc.

I think the internet and social media will be the solution to this problem, the problem of basically keeping the religious faith and prayer aspects, but letting go of by-the-sword rhetoric that belongs in earlier less enlightened times. I have seen signs of and have high hopes for this Islamic Enlightened Reformation being born in cyberspace, and spreading outwards into the physical world. Any such reformation would be a triumph on every level, and especially as it would prove once and for all that thinking can be far more powerful than bombs.

As long as USA/Europe/Israel do not understand that their foreign politics in middle east is a TOTAL failure this will continue unfortunatly

Thanks for your explanation I understand better why ISIS (Sunni) made suicide attacks in the Shiite areas and mosques, why now Saoudi Arabia is bombing Yemen, it is probably also valid for the horrible war Iran Irak years ago, that's explained why in Nigera, Chad, Niger Boko Haram slaughters entires villages even though they are also Muslims, it's all the fault of USA/Europe/Israel thumbsup.gif They transformed those peaceful loving populations in mad dogs!

True words. We should have kept our noses out of that part of the world years ago.

AKA som Nam na...

We always pay for previous generations. I dont even believe in a solution for this generation. Its too late... The world is in a new "cold" war which will last 10-20 years...

Thanks for your explanation I understand better why ISIS (Sunni) made suicide attacks in the Shiite areas and mosques, why now Saoudi Arabia is bombing Yemen, it is probably also valid for the horrible war Iran Irak years ago, that's explained why in Nigera, Chad, Niger Boko Haram slaughters entires villages even though they are also Muslims, it's all the fault of USA/Europe/Israel thumbsup.gif They transformed those peaceful loving populations in mad dogs!

Nicely done. That should put an end to the whole idiotic "blame the west!" angle...but it won't.