Immigration Chief visits Phuket, says overstay rules are to keep the bad guys out

webfact

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to note he made the announcement on 2016-03-25. Especially when the date of enforcement was to have been on 2016-03-20. A bit late it would appear.

He made the same announcement on many similar meetings all over the country.

You will be whistling a new tune in the future:

You see, dear Thai Bash Department, the law has changed, and the "pay 20,000 and come back soon" window is CLOSED.

You are in a flight somewhere else, and BARRED from re entry to the Kingdom.

You are all pointing the "stupid finger" ... perhaps you need a mirror to try that in.

You see DahLink ... they are flushing the toilet and if your passport is not correct, and you are on a meaningful overstay ...

GAME OVER.

Stop whining about how it was last week, that is old news ...

Same same lecture in Nong Khai. Introduction in English but most in Thai. Stayed through Immigration talk, his handing out book marks while photos were taken. Then a talk by tourist group, another waste of time. I was waiting for the questions and when the first answer was in Thai, I knew I would not understand and realize I had wasted the morning and finally left.

The group they talked were invited a notice from immigration so my guess is that 100% were not on overstay. Agree with evaluations given on intelligence of Immigration.

I think their logic is that if some one overstays, then, they are criminals and are more likely to commit other crimes.

So Wednesday you're a fine upstanding person welcome in Thailand. Then Friday and you're a criminal who is disrupting the stability of the nation who needs to be deported and banned from re entry.

Correct. Unless the immigration officer has been sufficiently bunged. So. As another poster has pointed out, what really is going on?

I know someone who overstayed 2 years. He just payed an agent 20000Bht and got a new visa for 12 months. One good thing is that he is one of the nice guys around. coffee1.gif

I'm sure only "nice guys" pay a bribe to a corrupt Thai official. biggrin.png

Lotsa 'nice guys' in Thailand then smile.png

I guess some fools will believe this horse sh....

So I can be a crim come here get a 30 day on arrival bounce a couple of times by air (so i will have been here around 90 days) then just blend in for 360 days during that time I become a bad guy ....Idiots bah.gif

Actually your the idiot If you cannot abide by the rules of the land then you should not be here I have been here for over 15 years without any overstay

So I can be a crim come here get a 30 day on arrival bounce a couple of times by air (so i will have been here around 90 days) then just blend in for 360 days during that time I become a bad guy ....Idiots bah.gif

Actually your the idiot If you cannot abide by the rules of the land then you should not be here I have been here for over 15 years without any overstay

.........and do you carry your passport at ALL times? If not, you're not abiding by the rules of the land.

Better check your halo, I think it might have slipped.

'The Thailand Immigration Bureau Chief ... stressed that officers will strictly enforce the rules to keep bad guys out ...' If they're on overstay, it's a little late to keep them out. As for stabilising the country, the potential for destabilisation is more of a domestic Thai issue, not a foreign one.

And no selective memory lapse?

.........and do you carry your passport at ALL times? If not, you're not abiding by the rules of the land.

Better check your halo, I think it might have slipped.

'Not if he carries a photocopy. Now c'mon - let's not try & change the subject. In 30 years of comings & goings, I've never had an overstay either. I'm sure the overwhelming majority can say the same.