Living Expenses In Bangkok

JayBird

Bangkok is a dirty, polluted, smelly, overcrowded, traffic-snarled, concrete-covered 3rd World hole. If you pay more than, say, 25k baht to live in such an unpleasant place, you seriously need your head examining. 10k baht is more like a reasonable price to live in such a cesspit. I posted a few months ago a report by an international pollution monitoring organization that showed that Bangkok's pollution is the worst in the world, with the exception of a few Indian and Chinese cities. You are paying with your health by living there. Even if there were no cars, places that regularly have temperatures exceeding 32 C are generally bad for your health. When considering to rent in Bangkok, you have to factor in the unpleasant and life-threatening environment and pay accordingly. Don't be sucker who thinks it's justifiable to fork out 50k baht a month for a high-rise apartment in Bangkok! It just isn't worth it.

I like it here.

Me too. I visited over 20 counties before I decided on a place to retire.

I love it here!

But just about all of his posts are negative and bitter.

Sounds like someone who has no money and probably got gaffed by a few Thai ladies.

Hahaha, very funny. I have loads of money, far more than I actually need. It's all invested in diversified places. I am 100% secure. No Thai ladies "gaffed" me. I don't find Asians attractive. I'm happily married (to a non-Asian), thank you very much, since you seem to be so interested in speculating about my private life. You sound like another jealous guy. I meet them everywhere I go.

Thainess, you need to change the places you go to. I spent 13 months living in Bangkok and am not sure I ever meet anyone who was jealous of anyone else. Most of the people I met where just happy living their own lives and enjoying themselves.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bangkok is a dirty, polluted, smelly, overcrowded, traffic-snarled, concrete-covered 3rd World hole. If you pay more than, say, 25k baht to live in such an unpleasant place, you seriously need your head examining. 10k baht is more like a reasonable price to live in such a cesspit. I posted a few months ago a report by an international pollution monitoring organization that showed that Bangkok's pollution is the worst in the world, with the exception of a few Indian and Chinese cities. You are paying with your health by living there. Even if there were no cars, places that regularly have temperatures exceeding 32 C are generally bad for your health. When considering to rent in Bangkok, you have to factor in the unpleasant and life-threatening environment and pay accordingly. Don't be sucker who thinks it's justifiable to fork out 50k baht a month for a high-rise apartment in Bangkok! It just isn't worth it.

I like it here.

Me too. And I've lived in a lot of places.

OB

What's that blue thing up in the air? I don't remember seeing blue thing in Bangkok? :P

Air is pretty bad in Bangkok if you are near any major road/highway. I think 'pollutants' in the air is one thing, and the (more direct) exhaust coming out of the back of 100 cars stuck in a traffic jam next to you is another thing.

If you want a good time, go to Chinatown in summer's heat. The air there is slightly worse than sucking on the back of an exhaust pipe.

Actually I have been in Chinatown in the summer and have been coming to or living in Bangkok for the last 45 years - and I well remember when Bangkok air was indeed dirty (when black diesel smoke came from the trucks and buses and before lead free gas) - blow your nose and handkerchief would be black. And indeed there are areas of pollution still. But overall it is not that bad for a large city (I have also lived in Beijing if you want to really experience bad air).