Living Expenses In Bangkok

JayBird

The guys I have met living in those dirty, old, crowded, noisy, Ladyboy infested 2 k a month places are not happy.

Most have no money, mental problems, etc.

Having a decent place to live or stay makes most people feel more positive, care about themselves, and better about their lives in general.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess thats why short time was invented then, so one does not have to take thew rental back to the fan room.

Have you actually been

to Thailand?

YeahSiam, what is it about your formatting that has you writing like, Haiku or something? Four words per line? No offense intended, just strange.............ermm.gif

I guess thats why short time was invented then, so one does not have to take thew rental back to the fan room.

Have you actually been

to Thailand?

YeahSiam, what is it about your formatting that has you writing like, Haiku or something? Four words per line? No offense intended, just strange.............ermm.gif

I think one of the

extensions on my

web browesr causes

it.

Have you actually been

to Thailand?

I went there

once, about

10 years ago.

Edited by Don Mega

60,000 baht a month??? You're spending way too much. I rarely spend more than 15,000 baht a month and I live in a 38 sq. m. apartment and eat out every day and enjoy the company of a lady of the night 3 times a week.

I REALLY hope you are spending a lot of your budget on Condoms!

Patrick

Have you actually been

to Thailand?

I went there

once, about

10 years ago.

Ah so that's when you

met those "few guys"

on 250K a month

pensions renting

2k/month crap holes

in Pattaya?

Ok, now I got ya

60,000 baht a month??? You're spending way too much. I rarely spend more than 15,000 baht a month and I live in a 38 sq. m. apartment and eat out every day and enjoy the company of a lady of the night 3 times a week.

Patrick

Never used one and never will... And to the best of my knowledge, never caught anything.

Patrick

Never used one and never will... And to the best of my knowledge, never caught anything.

hmmm... 12.3 ladies of the night out of 15k Baht total expenses? i can vividly imagine what these ladies look like w00t.gif

Have you actually been

to Thailand?

I went there

once, about

10 years ago.

Ah so that's when you

met those "few guys"

on 250K a month

pensions renting

2k/month crap holes

in Pattaya?

Ok, now I got ya

I was having a few beers with one of them 3 weeks ago. I might have only went once to Thailand but the flipside of that is I never went home.

Edited by Don Mega

Patrick

hmmm... 12.3 ladies of the night out of 15k Baht total expenses? i can vividly imagine what these ladies look like w00t.gif

They look very beautiful indeed, and never over 30. You need to have the right manner to know how to persuade them. Charm and respect goes a long way.

They look very beautiful indeed, and never over 30. You need to have the right manner to know how to persuade them. Charm and respect goes a long way.

under 30? that explains it! because it means they are untrained, lack experience and that's the reason why their fees are affordable ph34r.png

Many guys like to falsely brag about the great ladies they get at low prices.

Clearly showing their insecurity by making false bravado on the internet.

Blah Blah, : "If you know how to persuade them and have charm" HAHAHA.

If you have spent significant time here, you know they are full of S---.

Edited by bkk6060

Seems like YOU are the one with insecurity. If you know how to talk to the girls, you can even get them free, and I don't exactly look like a male model. So many guys in Thailand have zero personality or social skills when it comes to Thai women. Just look at the overweight plain Janes they marry! If you can make the girls laugh and show them you are genuinely interested in them, not just for sex, you can enjoy great success.

Seems like YOU are the one with insecurity. If you know how to talk to the girls, you can even get them free, and I don't exactly look like a male model. So many guys in Thailand have zero personality or social skills when it comes to Thai women. Just look at the overweight plain Janes they marry! If you can make the girls laugh and show them you are genuinely interested in them, not just for sex, you can enjoy great success.

Yeah and they'll all bang you without a condom too

Maybe peddle your fantasies somewhere else.

I hear readersfantasies.com is lively

Yeah and they'll all bang you without a condom too

Maybe peddle your fantasies somewhere else.

I hear readersfantasies.com is lively

I live in reality. Take your fantasy views about me elsewhere.

I just returned from 4 months in bangkok., I lived in a 6000, pm room, +ec.

After rent my daily expenses were 1,350 baht per day. I live with my girlfriend, and this amount was quite sufficient.

Breakdown as follows. Rent 25 percent

Food 25 percent

Drinking 15 percent

Tranortation 6 percent

This included 6 weekend trips to hau hin, Cham, pattaya, ko samet.

I lived quite comfortably on this amount.

We eat mainly at street side thai food stalls., restaurants.

After rent my daily expenses were 1,350 baht per day. I live with my girlfriend, and this amount was quite sufficient.

Food 25 percent

Drinking 15 percent

Tranortation 6 percent

If my math is right then your monthly expenses are about 30 x 1350 + 6000, approx 46000b which is in the ballpark of the OP. But you are spending on different things.

Throwing in a bit more for solid health insurance and maybe occasional trips home 70k seems good for a comfortable single existence in Bkk. Well, that's a target at least.

Only thing left would be to delouse Thainess and get him to share the key to bedding babes for free.

Food 25 percent

Drinking 15 percent

Tranortation 6 percent

If my math is right then your monthly expenses are about 30 x 1350 + 6000, approx 46000b which is in the ballpark of the OP. But you are spending on different things.

Throwing in a bit more for solid health insurance and maybe occasional trips home 70k seems good for a comfortable single existence in Bkk. Well, that's a target at least.

Only thing left would be to delouse Thainess and get him to share the key to bedding babes for free.

You assume (wrongly) that I'm a man. That makes me laugh.

Food 25 percent

Drinking 15 percent

Tranortation 6 percent

You assume (wrongly) that I'm a man. That makes me laugh.

Makes no difference.

Still need to be deloused

Food 25 percent

Drinking 15 percent

Tranortation 6 percent

my health insurance is about $100 Canadian per month. The 15 percent I quoted for drinking was entertainment..

I notice tax is never included in these discussions.

OB

Unless you are running a business or working, you should not be exposed to any tax liabilities. Most of this thread is about 'retiring' on savings (or interest generated) income. Additionally, there are no capital gains taxes here for overseas investments. So if you have a fund in the US/UK you should not be exposed to tax liability in Thailand (it's considered a Tax Haven for traders/investors).

If you do work or run a business, then yes, you need to consider taxes -- Please consult your local tax attorney for more information on this.

Fortunately I think income tax is pretty low (non-existent) if you are making less than 150k THB/year? Although I'm unsure if its possible for a foreigner to get a work permit and only earn that much.

I notice tax is never included in these discussions.

OB

Unless you are running a business or working, you should not be exposed to any tax liabilities. Most of this thread is about 'retiring' on savings (or interest generated) income. Additionally, there are no capital gains taxes here for overseas investments. So if you have a fund in the US/UK you should not be exposed to tax liability in Thailand (it's considered a Tax Haven for traders/investors).

If you do work or run a business, then yes, you need to consider taxes -- Please consult your local tax attorney for more information on this.

Fortunately I think income tax is pretty low (non-existent) if you are making less than 150k THB/year? Although I'm unsure if its possible for a foreigner to get a work permit and only earn that much.

There is no salary requirement for a work permit.

There is no salary requirement for a work permit.

yes, there is!

http://www.thailandlawonline.com/thai-company-and-foreign-business-law/work-permit-for-foreigners-in-thailand

Country................................... Previous New 1 July 2004 Canada, Japan, United States 40,000 THB 60,000 THB Europe (incl. UK) Australia 35,000 THB 50,000 THB Hong Kong, Malaysia, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan 30,000 THB 45,000 THB China, India, Indonesia, Middle East, Philippines 25,000 THB 35,000 THB Africa, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam 20,000 THB 25,000 THB Persons working for newspapers in Thailand 12,000 THB 20,000 TH

Naam, read your own link.

From the 10 th of July 2004 , foreigners applying for non-immigrant visa extensions for employment in Thailand will have to meet an increased minimum monthly salary requirement by nationality and amount.

As I said. For a work permit there is NO minimum salary requirement

From the 10 th of July 2004 , foreigners applying for non-immigrant visa extensions for employment in Thailand will have to meet an increased minimum monthly salary requirement by nationality and amount.

visa extensions for employment" do not pertain to "work permits"?

gimme a break man! gigglem.gif

visa extensions for employment" do not pertain to "work permits"?

gimme a break man! gigglem.gif

extension comes after work permit and is optional how ever if you meet the requirments (salary etc etc) then it is advisable to get one otherwise you'll be doing 90day border runs instead of 90 day reports.

Edited by Don Mega