5 Year old Scooter Inspection for Road Tax

Pakaty

Does anyone know of a place to get this done? I would prefer staying on the west coast to get it done, between Patong and Cherng Talay if possible.

While we are at it, can anyone recommend a place to get the tax sticker and compulsory insurance between Patong and Cherng Talay as well?

I'm sick of dealing with the Yamaha dealer in Patong where I bought my bike. They won't even service the bike anymore as they have closed the service center this month. Not that they ever gave good service anyway.

Every workshop with this sign can do it:

car-.jpg

If you intend to do the tax/mandatory insurance at the DLT on your own then you will find plenty of such workshops in the vicinity of the office.

An arbitrary place in the Patong area (Ban Patong):

https://goo.gl/maps/pR3qN1u1K4y

Probably a couple more.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Seems the same place with some contact details:

http://www.phuket1992.com/classifieds/?ad_listing=inspection-garage-patong

Yes, this is the place we use.

Usually, you can take your bike there in the morning, and they'll do the inspection in a matter of a few minutes. Leave your green book with them, and you can pick up your new road tax sticker and updated green book late in the afternoon.

An arbitrary place in the Patong area (Ban Patong):

https://goo.gl/maps/pR3qN1u1K4y

Probably a couple more.

I highly recommend this place. They guys are friendly and they will do the DLT-stuff for you. If you come in in the morning, chances are high that you will get your green book back about 6 pm. Last time I had my car checked in another place and went to these guys in Patong to do the tax disc. You can get your PRB (compulsory insurance) there, too. They check motorbikes only, for cars the next place would be at the Caltex in Kathu.

Edited by hkt83100

Thank you all for your replies. I know about the cog wheel sign but can't find one in Kamala.

Much better to ask you kind folks than to drive around looking for the sign. I'm more comfortable keeping my eyes on the road and my mirrors.

I'll be going to Patong Monday morning.

Thanks again, very helpful thumbsup.gif

Most PPT fuel stations in larger villages and towns offer a quick and inexpensive method, it only takes a few minutes.

Just take your tax disc, Gov. insurance and reg. book. All done in a few minutes and depending how far away the local licensing centre is, next day pick up the new tax disc etc.

My local station charges me the usual cost plus 65฿ for the running around.

Make sure you check the name on your insurance when you pick up your new documents. Had mine done last week and the staff put my name on the tax sticker receipt but the original owners name on the insurance.