US Navy captain sentenced to 46 months for accepting bribes

rooster59

Hawker... Dude... Really?

Please enlighten me further.... I didn't realize that I had an agenda.... If I do, I hope it is seen to be to support victims, and condemn wrong doers, whilst attempting to avoid the "hang em high" brigade.

But... Guessing, (from you comments) I'm thinking that this agenda, of which you speak, is anti US, or US military, though I know not why, given my comments, which include "now we have some intelligent people weighing in.... Americans I assume"

FYI... During my para training, I made several life long friend, that were SEALs, and in civilian life, had the privilege of working for a great bloke who was a Ranger, as well as a couple of equally good blokes, who were rednecks from Louisiana.... And if you are American, chances are, I've seen more of America than you.

But... Could be wrong... As, unlike you, I know not what my agenda is... And yours confuses the hell out of me

Anyway... You seek to educate me... I'm up for that, though I don't really see how the link, or your comments do that.

You link to a US officer, to satiate my rabid thirst for US officer blood, but pick a case were a Taiwanese American sells out to China... Goodness gracious... Taiwan and China are mortal enemies... If he went back to his homeland, he would be hung, drawn and quartered! What a pee poor example to chuck my way.

Never mind... Let's see... The difference between espionage and treason.... Espionage is an act done for ones own country, whereas treason is an act done against ones own country... Which category does our fearless captain fall into?

But what's my opinion worth, right?... So let's go back to judge Sammartino... " it is truly unimaginable to this court that someone in your position in the US Navy would sell out, based on what was provided to you"...." Potentially jeopardizing national security"

Dude... You must be a former backhoe driver, or something, because you can't physically dig holes this deep, with a shovel, or at least, not in the couple of weeks since the last posting.

But fear not... I did learn something, because until now, I never knew that the saying "loose lips, sink ships" was coined in the USA, but there you go... For me, Its simply a saying that everybody grew up with, in the post war (2) era.... Perhaps Hollywood had a hand in that... And my old man, who was a ships captain, used it all the time.... Even way down under

But relevant?.... Lol... It equates, in common language, too something akin to.... A person should avoid speaking of ship movements, as the talk might allow the enemy to intercept and DESTROY the ships... So... IMHO... A relevant comment

Respectfully... Take another couple of weeks, and come up with something that won't see you smothered in a landslide, at the bottom of a hole.... ?