Dog and airport help

swbaggies

I don't know about Phuket, but I flew a dog from HK to Manila, he was crated and actually came onto the carousel with the suitcases. In the old days when Dom Muang was the sole airport, I had a dog to pick up for a friend that had flown from Chiang Mai and I had to go to the cargo section to collect her. Suggest you call the airline and enquire

If flying unaccompanied, your dog is going as cargo. So you just go to Phuket cargo terminal (it is just after where car's come out from the airport), turn left. You can usually pick up your dog around 30 min after landing. Can be a lot of cars depending on time. But should be pretty strait forward. Talk to the airline you are sending the dog with just to be sure. There should be a AWB number, but your passport and phone number is all you need to pick up. Good luck.

If flying unaccompanied, your dog is going as cargo. So you just go to Phuket cargo terminal (it is just after where car's come out from the airport), turn left. You can usually pick up your dog around 30 min after landing. Can be a lot of cars depending on time. But should be pretty strait forward. Talk to the airline you are sending the dog with just to be sure. There should be a AWB number, but your passport and phone number is all you need to pick up. Good luck.

I'm not an expert on this, but perhaps in the Over Sized Luggage area. TV member Jimmy007 (I think that is it) would have first hand knowledge.

Thanks.... I tried to send him a PM but says user cannot receive PM's any longer

My dog always flies with us, so we pick her up in the baggage area as we are on the same flight. As your dog is flying solo, you can't get into the baggage area, since you aren't a ticketed passenger. I would contact the airline as to where you pick up your dog. As others have said, it may be at the cargo terminal. I know that's where the Animal Quarantine Office is. The cargo terminal is just past the passenger terminal's parking lot exit, but call the airline, I always have to call them to give them the size and weight of my dog and her flight kennel.

I have no clue as to why I couldn't receive a PM... I have received plenty of them before.

I'm not an expert on this, but perhaps in the Over Sized Luggage area. TV member Jimmy007 (I think that is it) would have first hand knowledge.

Thanks.... I tried to send him a PM but says user cannot receive PM's any longer

I have no clue as to why I couldn't receive a PM... I have received plenty of them before.

spelling?

You can't have check in luggage on a flight you'r not on.

So as stated before cargo (sorry for double post not sure how to take it away)

So pic up at the cargo terminal, some airlines don't have office there (Nok Air is one) so if you are late you have to go to there office.

spelling?

Ah! Very good OC! You solved the mystery. I didn't notice it when I read the post. Cheers.