2 questions about DL

Hallo!

I will go for car driving license next week, and would like to ask:

1. How long does it take exactly ? 2 whole days ? Until which hour in the afternoon ? My baby's kindergarten bus arrives home at 4PM. I need more info so I can arrange in advance...

2. I heard that in the road test, you can't use your car if it has reverse camera , if so, you have to rent a car from them. Is that true ? And how much is the rent ?

Thanks so much!

Susan

My pick up had a rev camera, but still failed on the reversing, next time I took it, I rented a car from across the road from the test centre, it was bout 200 baht. You know you don't actually drive on the road, just around a little circuit of about 200 metres. It pretty much takes the two full days.

Never had to get in a car to undergo a test here, think I've made about 4 or 5 licenses. If you have a license from home country all you need to do is colour test ( joke ) depth perception test, that's it - think it was about 2-300 baht, couple of hours max. Will need medical cert and proof of address.

Never had to get in a car to undergo a test here, think I've made about 4 or 5 licenses. If you have a license from home country all you need to do is colour test ( joke ) depth perception test, that's it - think it was about 2-300 baht, couple of hours max. Will need medical cert and proof of address.

Op your best bet is to pop along and ask what's required in Patts DLT as they all differ

All my DTL wanted was a Western License, Proof of Address, Passport. Don't now want a medical Cert. But you will need copies of old license passport Proof of Address etc all on separate pages . Tip, go early to beat the crush.

Didn't have to do any eye tests just had to sign the paperwork they did the rest. But did have to sit through a video in Thai telling you how to drive. Total time less than 1 hour + the video another hour???

This is whats usually required at Mochit (Bangkok) for a new license:

- Proof of address (letter from embassy or original work permit)

- Medical certificate (can be obtained for about 100 baht at any clinic)

- original passport

You need to go there one day to get a que number for test - color test, perceiption test and a reaction test (takes few minutes)

After this they will give you a date for watching video...usually its 2+2 total 4 hours in a day.

Then comes the theory test - on a touch screen PC. You have to get at least 45 out of 50. You can study the questions online...google them.

Then comes the practical...which is really a parking test. Again takes about 5 minutes. In Bangkok it costs 100 baht to rent a car there.

If everything goes well...you get the license on the same day of your driving test.

Altogether it took me total 3 trips over 2 weeks time to DLT. In pattaya it may be different. But the process is pretty much the same.

Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Archived