Our Members Have Made A Total Of 956,540 Posts

taxexile

that was post 963652, that makes about 1000posts a day on tv ,( when no big stories are running) , i reckon by the end of november the millionth will be very close.

ita all pointless nonsense of course , even more pointless than that graceless fawns bilge that i cant abide , but w.t.f.

Edited by taxexile

that was post 963652, that makes about 1000posts a day on tv ,( when no big stories are running) , i reckon by the end of november the millionth will be very close.

ita all pointless nonsense of course , even more pointless than that graceless fawns bilge that i cant abide , but w.t.f.

Like most of us, your math sucks when you don't use a calculator. :o 963,652 - 956,540 = 7,112. Which means the millionth post will likely be made, I'm guessing on this coming Saturday, Sunday, or Monday depending on how heavy the posts are in the coming few days.

Edited by Soju

Like most of us, your math sucks when you don't use a calculator. 963,652 - 956,540 = 7,112. Which means the millionth post will likely be made, I'm guessing on this coming Saturday, Sunday, or Monday depending on how heavy the posts are in the coming few days.

original post on this topic .....30/10/2006 ... 9.56am post number 962369

subsequent post .................31/10/2006 ...10.24am post number 963652

963352-962369 = 1290 posts in just over 24 hours

roughly 38000 posts to go to the millionth mark i.e. 38000/1290 = roughly 29.45 days until the millionth.

so , as i originally said soju , it should be towards the end of november. :o

Like most of us, your math sucks when you don't use a calculator. 963,652 - 956,540 = 7,112. Which means the millionth post will likely be made, I'm guessing on this coming Saturday, Sunday, or Monday depending on how heavy the posts are in the coming few days.

original post on this topic .....30/10/2006 ... 9.56am post number 962369

subsequent post .................31/10/2006 ...10.24am post number 963652

963352-962369 = 1290 posts in just over 24 hours

roughly 38000 posts to go to the millionth mark i.e. 38000/1290 = roughly 29.45 days until the millionth.

so , as i originally said soju , it should be towards the end of november. :o

Ok, now I see it. The problem is with the title of your post. It states the number as 956,540, so I just subtracted the two numbers and thought that was the daily post count. But there are evidently two numbers as to the total posts which don't agree with each other. I'm guessing one is total posts made, and the other is total posts still remaining on the board after some have been deleted. So the question is which count to use in determining the 1,000,000 mark? My vote would be for the higher of the two.

i think the numbers found by clicking the report or quote buttons must be constantly updated whereas the one on the forum title page is only done daily , hence the difference in our calculations.

i think , although deleted posts are deleted , the posts following do not move back one number , so deleted posts will be included in the number.

anybody lend me an anorak ?

i think the numbers found by clicking the report or quote buttons must be constantly updated whereas the one on the forum title page is only done daily , hence the difference in our calculations.

i think , although deleted posts are deleted , the posts following do not move back one number , so deleted posts will be included in the number.

anybody lend me an anorak ?

Well, the difference was quite significant...962,369 vs. 956,530...much more than one days worth of posts. Plus in checking the main page, the count is continuously updated, so a delayed count is not the case. Maybe that total on the main page is total posts visible to you. If there are hidden forums that you cannot view, it might not count those posts in the total on the main page.