Police to run plates of Phuket slow loris tout

rooster59

Police to run plates of Phuket slow loris tout

Kongleaphy Keam

post-247607-0-69961500-1459002485_thumb.

PHUKET: Phuket police vowed to check the licence plate number of a motorcycle ridden by a slow loris tout who was caught on camera pushing the protected animal on tourists at Surin Beach last month.

“We appreciate you forwarding the evidence to us, especially as these images show the man’s face and his motorcycle's licence plate number,” Cherng Talay Police Superintendent Serm Kwannimit told Phuket Gazette this morning.

The images were reportedly forwarded to police shortly after being taken by a Gazette reader last month. However, lack of action and the surfacing of a slow loris tout earlier this week on Kata Noi Beach (story here) prompted the reader to renew her efforts.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Police-run-plates-Phuket-slow-loris-tout/63528?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-26

Very confusing headline, but I suppose it did the trick as I had to check it out!

Hope they catch the perp, and all others who use endangered species, or wild animals as an illegal way of making a living.

A few weeks ago, a woman (Chinese tourist, I think) got bitten by a boa constrictor while she was attempting to kiss it. First impressions "Som num na" (?), secondly, what happened to the "owner" of the snake?

Very confusing headline, but I suppose it did the trick as I had to check it out!

Hope they catch the perp, and all others who use endangered species, or wild animals as an illegal way of making a living.

A few weeks ago, a woman (Chinese tourist, I think) got bitten by a boa constrictor while she was attempting to kiss it. First impressions "Som num na" (?), secondly, what happened to the "owner" of the snake?

Didn't that place get shut down?

Didn't it open up again, under stricter regulations?

Hopefully!

They can run number plates in a minute flat, I've witnessed them. No excuses. Unless 'Well, it's just an animal'.

Exactly check number plates in a minute, ohh its only an animal.

Just look how elephants are treated here.

There was a couple pushing slow loris in front of Central Pattaya for months and months. I sent photos etc to animal protection ngo in BKK, said they'd get right on it. 6 months later one of the two was arrested.... probably still at it.....