1 year extension for retirement

Hi, I'm doing my 1 year extension based on retirement over 50 soon. Just checking so I don't forgot anything before going in Bangkok. Is this ok?

1 application form TM7
1 copy of passport pages
1 copy of my rental contract
1 income letter from my embassy
1 passport sized photograph.

Passport & departure card

You also need copy of that departure card and 1,900 baht in cash and should carry supporting documents for income in case asked. The photo should be 4x6cm and attached to back of TM.7 - you should also provide a phone number on back of TM.7

• Like 1

It opens at 0830 and there is normally a long line inside building at entry door - but most will not be going where you want to go and if you have form and copies ready you just enter second area to get queue number and that line of 50 becomes much less ahead of you waiting at retirement extension area. So no need to crash the door for entry.

• Like 1

It opens at 0830 and there is normally a long line inside building at entry door - but most will not be going where you want to go and if you have form and copies ready you just enter second area to get queue number and that line of 50 becomes much less ahead of you waiting at retirement extension area. So no need to crash the door for entry.

Thank you

My friend did his 3 weeks ago at Jomtien. Income letter from Embassy was good enough. I suspect this is because, as Canadians, we have to show proof of income funds to the Embassy.

Sakhon Nakhon wants to see the bank statement with the letter.

initial

No you do not - there is no such requirement in Bangkok.

--------------------------

I agree.

But on my initial application I was definitely asked to show my Bangkok Bank passbook, even though I had my embassy income statement letter.

I was also asked to go downstairs and make a "token" 100 Baht deposit or withdrawal to my Bangkok Bank account so that it would show the current amount in my passbook for that day.

This was only for my first time (initial) application for a retirement extension/visa, not for any later renewals.

Therefore. just happened that one time and that particular immigration officer.

But it did happen to me that initial application in 2011.