Soldier's shooting of Palestinian sets off uproar in Israel

webfact

Interesting article and indictment of the murder by Israel's Haaretz newspaper..

The public atmosphere in Israel being what it is, a cold-blooded execution should come as no surprise. Politicians and rabbis are repeatedly calling on soldiers to kill terrorists without thinking too much about it.

The camera shows us relatively rare and comprehensive footage of the incident, which does not leave much room for conflicting interpretations. Its all there: the indifference toward the fate of the injured enemy, even though the rules of war require he be treated the moment he no longer presents a danger; the shooting of the Palestinian lying helpless on the ground, in utter contradiction to the values of the Israel Defense Forces; and the Israelis at the scene watching with complete apathy.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.710853

If the military investigation clears this obvious psychopathic murderer, then this OP alone will do serious damage to any future credibility of Israel and the IDF.

If Israel claims to be a modern civilized Western democracy, then it must be seen to act like one.

I would endeavor to say that outside of the USA there is an increasing number of westerners who already see a lack of credibility in Israel. Your correct terminology would be ..."further damage to the crumbling credibility of Israel".

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The IDF has an admirable ethics code and it would be for the best if the soldiers stick with it. Perfection in conflict zones is impossible though.

Actually both sides could adopt the Palestinian ethics code...... Come on bashers. Let's raise a glass to the example of terrorist ethics! After all, things are black and white. Israel bad, Palestinians good....

Looks like the 2 Palestinian victims were just grocery delivery boys who were on the wrong place meeting the wrong people.

Moreover, ambulances should rescue in terms of priorities of injuries, which didn't happened...

If kept in custody, why is the IDF soldier still carrying his weapon short after the killing ?

post-171721-14591558159406_thumb.jpg

Edited by Thorgal

The soldier arrived late at the scene and clearly simply wanted to murder the unarmed injured Palestinian.
If the Palestinian had had any sort of explosive device, why use a knife, when he could have taken out most of the IDF platoon earlier?
The psychopath shook hands with an ultranationalist afterwards, and ultranationalist MPs rushed to support him, visiting him in prison even.
And Israeli apologists accuse the Palestinian leadership of inciting violence? What a joke.

Doesnt take an ultranationalist to shake his hand. tell me where that soldier is and im going to shake his hand 2

The whole case should be sub judice, neither the press nor politicians should be pre-judging the issue. The likes of B'tSelem and Haaretz are so loony left they may as well be batting for the other side. Nobody has yet seen fit to mention that the terrorist was wearing a thick coat on a hot day. Also Palestinian terrorists often attempt a 'double tap' readying themselves to explode at the point medical teams arrive.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-greatest-threat-to-israel-today/

Look at it on a bright side, should it have been other way around the shooter would have been made a national hero, with monument built in his name, street and school named after him and most likely few thousand dollar donation to his family, but this pesky Jews want to investigate and charge the shooter.

Outrages, just outrages

Look at it on a bright side, should it have been other way around the shooter would have been made a national hero, with monument built in his name, street and school named after him and most likely few thousand dollar donation to his family, but this pesky Jews want to investigate and charge the shooter.

Outrages, just outrages

I can also imagine that most, maybe not all, of the Palestinian sympathizers would chime in with: "what does Israel expect?" Again I say, most are closet or not so closeted anti Semites.

The killing of the Palestinians happened in Tel Rumeida, a Palestinian neighbourhood who was declared by the IDF as "full military zone".

To enter, you have to pass through several military checkpoints with metal detectors. Only people residing there can enter and leave.

The army knows very well who's living where. The victims weren't really strangers to the occupying army.

Moreover, Tel Rumeida was mainly 'taken' or 'stolen' due to archeological activities. Many Palestinians have been evicted and excavations are done in secrecy: nothing may be filmed.

It's clear that also Hebron won't escape in the systematic destruction of archeological heritage of non Judean era, just to prove that other civilisations were not living in the holy land.

http://mondoweiss.net/2016/01/archaeological-rumeida-hebron/

In a world of Zombie terrorists walking around the world stabbing folks and blowing themselves up in groups of people, it sure makes it hard for me to sympathize with any dead terrorists. My opinion is good riddance.

Mine too. One more "good" terrorist.

The whole case should be sub judice, neither the press nor politicians should be pre-judging the issue. The likes of B'tSelem and Haaretz are so loony left they may as well be batting for the other side. Nobody has yet seen fit to mention that the terrorist was wearing a thick coat on a hot day. Also Palestinian terrorists often attempt a 'double tap' readying themselves to explode at the point medical teams arrive.

..So is a Jew with a kippah in the background. Max temperature in Hebron today 15C. You'd be wearing a coat too.

"Additional videos published by B'Tselem on Sunday show the soldiers a short time after the attack, looking at ease and walking around near Sharif's body. At one point one of the soldiers can even be seen tying his shoelaces near the body."
Whereas the IDF psychopath who arrived late at the scene claims he thought his life was in danger...the standard IDF pretext for literally getting away with murder.
I can see the whitewash has begun. The usual Israeli propaganda tactics to call black white. They are well practised. They have been running the same hoax for almost 100 years now.
The videos have gone viral. The world is watching this time, and observers can see through their lies.

Outrages, just outrages

I can also imagine that most, maybe not all, of the Palestinian sympathizers would chime in with: "what does Israel expect?" Again I say, most are closet or not so closeted anti Semites.

Say and think what you like if it makes you happier to sweep under the carpet legitimate criticism of the IDF. You are ultimately not doing Israelis any favors by excusing their atrocities and cheerleading the culture of impunity.

Outrages, just outrages

Say and think what you like if it makes you happier to sweep under the carpet legitimate criticism of the IDF. You are ultimately not doing Israelis any favors by excusing their atrocities and cheerleading the culture of impunity.

Only you are not legitimately criticizing IDF,coffee1.gif

You are openly supporting murder of Jews and praising arabs for doing so.

IDF is no angel from a fairy tale story, just like any other army in the world, there are loony tunes serving

The huge difference is, IDF has opened an investigation into the incident, instead of naming a street in soldiers name or making him nations hero.

Have a look at so called human rights activist who shot the video, he is a camel jokey, who i doubt owns or can operate a camera or a smart phone.

He can hardly string 2 words together in his own language, let alone figure out buttons on a camera.

It would be interesting indeed to know if it was not a set up, as Arabs are known for producing fake video's or set up incidents

Outrages, just outrages

What I wrote was : I can also imagine that most, maybe not all, of the Palestinian sympathizers would chime in with: "what does Israel expect?" Again I say, most are closet or not so closeted anti Semites.

Your reply is incredibly telling. Again u want to make things black and white. Firstly, where do I excuse this behavior or cheerleader it? I didn't in writing nor do I feel that way. Secondly, what I am objecting to is the double standard. Interestingly, u don't deny that u would in fact reply, "what does Israel expect"? It is you and your fellow bashers that cheerlead such actions by Palestinians. There are evils on both sides of this conflict.

And when people are one sided and make things black and white, I know to be wary of you. I've seen it enough times in my life.

Outrages, just outrages

IDF is no angel from a fairy tale story, just like any other army in the world, there are loony tunes serving

The huge difference is, IDF has opened an investigation into the incident, instead of naming a street in soldiers name or making him nations hero.

Have a look at so called human rights activist who shot the video, he is a camel jokey, who i doubt owns or can operate a camera or a smart phone.

He can hardly string 2 words together in his own language, let alone figure out buttons on a camera.

It would be interesting indeed to know if it was not a set up, as Arabs are known for producing fake video's or set up incidents

There's another video that shows the shooter “shaking hands with far-right activist Baruch Marzel” while al-Sharif’s body is removed from the scene, according to Haaretz.

The US-born Marzel, a former leader of the violent group Kach, is notorious for fomenting attacks on Palestinians. He can be seen on the crime scene since the beginning.

Kach was outlawed by Israel after one of its members, the US-born medical doctor Baruch Goldstein, gunned down 29 Palestinians at Hebron’s Ibrahimi mosque in 1994.

The video provides visible evidence of the close relationship between the Israeli army and the violent settlers it supports and protects.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.711163

Edited by Thorgal

..So is a Jew with a kippah in the background. Max temperature in Hebron today 15C. You'd be wearing a coat too.

"Additional videos published by B'Tselem on Sunday show the soldiers a short time after the attack, looking at ease and walking around near Sharif's body. At one point one of the soldiers can even be seen tying his shoelaces near the body."

Whereas the IDF psychopath who arrived late at the scene claims he thought his life was in danger...the standard IDF pretext for literally getting away with murder.

I can see the whitewash has begun. The usual Israeli propaganda tactics to call black white. They are well practised. They have been running the same hoax for almost 100 years now.

The videos have gone viral. The world is watching this time, and observers can see through their lies.

The videos always go viral, the Israel haters see to that. I wish the left wing Israelis would just grow a pair and say f$&k you to the world, as was Israel's attitude in the past. I suspect the world attitude to Palestinian terror is rapidly changing as terrorist attacks in Europe cause people to realize they are in the same boat as Israel.

Whilst you esteemed members froth over the death of one would be terrorist the world buries hundreds of dead innocent victims, your myopia is indeed pathetic.

Outrages, just outrages

I challenge you to find a single post of mine that openly supports the murder of Jews, purely because of their religion or race.
I am not a racist, but clearly you are.The 2nd half of your posts descends into an Islamophobic rant..."camel jokey"[sic] barely worth responding to.

Sorry, thread full

harveyg wrote..

What I wrote was : I can also imagine that most, maybe not all, of the Palestinian sympathizers would chime in with: "what does Israel expect?" Again I say, most are closet or not so closeted anti Semites.

Your reply is incredibly telling. Again u want to make things black and white. Firstly, where do I excuse this behavior or cheerleader it? I didn't in writing nor do I feel that way. Secondly, what I am objecting to is the double standard. Interestingly, u don't deny that u would in fact reply, "what does Israel expect"? It is you and your fellow bashers that cheerlead such actions by Palestinians. There are evils on both sides of this conflict.

And when people are one sided and make things black and white, I know to be wary of you. I've seen it enough times in my life.

Your language betrays a clear bias towards Israel..the derogatory "chime in" "bashers"

I haven't a clue what you mean by "What does Israel expect?". That's why I did not respond to it. Write more clearly.

The videos always go viral, the Israel haters see to that. I wish the left wing Israelis would just grow a pair and say f$&k you to the world, as was Israel's attitude in the past. I suspect the world attitude to Palestinian terror is rapidly changing as terrorist attacks in Europe cause people to realize they are in the same boat as Israel.

Whilst you esteemed members froth over the death of one would be terrorist the world buries hundreds of dead innocent victims, your myopia is indeed pathetic.

precisely..Israel got away with ethnic cleansing twice before, and the OP is part of a 3rd wave.
You are only mystified because Israel doesn't seem to be able to murder with impugnity again this time. That's because the whole world is watching now via the international and social media. Smartphones may prove more deadly to the racist supremacist regime of Zionism than AK47s.
You attempt to conflate two totally different conflicts. In Europe the barbaric terrorists are ISIS trying to defend their warped fanatical interpretion of Islam. In Israel the barbaric terrorists are the ultranationlist Zionists trying to defend their warped fanatical interpretion of Judaism.

Outrages, just outrages

Fake video? That accusation gives you no credibility whatsoever.

And accusing a poster of supporting murder? Not as far ad I can remember, please proof or shut up.

Outrages, just outrages

Or maybe acts like this will turn people towards anti Semitism, you reap what you sow.

And accusing a poster of supporting murder? Not as far ad I can remember, please proof or shut up.

I suggest you do little light reading before spouting nonsense and feeling good about itcoffee1.gif

https://www.google.co.th/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=palestinian%20fake%20videos

Well, that's amazing isn't it. One minute in your own words the person who shot the video is a camel jokey[sic] who....
"can hardly string 2 words together in his own language, let alone figure out buttons on a camera."
...and now suddenly he's a movie director extraordinaire whose fake video has been able to fool the Israeli Army Chief of Staff, The Defense Minister, Prime Minister Netanyahu and his entire Cabinet, the President of Israel, the accused psychopath himself even, and his defense lawyer, not forgetting every major news outlet in Israel and the world, and the entire population of Israel who are debating the issue.
I'd be embarrassed if I were you.
Edited by dexterm

I suggest you do little light reading before spouting nonsense and feeling good about itcoffee1.gif

https://www.google.co.th/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=palestinian%20fake%20videos

Well, that's amazing isn't it. One minute in your own words the person who shot the video is a camel jokey[sic] who....
"can hardly string 2 words together in his own language, let alone figure out buttons on a camera."
...and now suddenly he's a movie director extraordinaire whose fake video has been able to fool the Israeli Army Chief of Staff, The Defense Minister, Prime Minister Netanyahu and his entire Cabinet, the President of Israel, the accused psychopath himself even, and his defense lawyer, not forgetting every major news outlet in Israel and the world, and the entire population of Israel who are debating the issue.

You are good at twisting truth to fit your true intentions, the sad reality is he still is a camel jockey, and fake video's or set up's are NOT made by camel jockeys though camel jockeys are usually used to appear genuine

If you actually read what is written, instead of making up your own story line, i did say it would be interesting to know if the video is indeed real, IF being the operative word.

Not sure if koran teaches the story of boy crying wolf, but once you cry wolf too many times, people with half a brain may start to doubt your sincerity.

I am sorry to disappoint you, i am not embarrassed at all, not should i be, though your posts do make me laugh, as no matter how much hatred and nonsense you spew very little changes.gigglem.gif

Well, all I can say is if you still actually believe that the OP video is fake, clever enough to fool even the star of the show the psychopathic IDF killer himself, then you are either wondrously naive, in a complete state of delusional denial or what is more likely an habitual troll.
Your credulity exceeds your credibility.
I have better things to do than feed the trolls.Sawasdee krap.

Hundreds of protesters gathered outside a military court in support of an Israeli soldier alleged to have shot and killed a wounded Palestinian man.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israelis-march-in-support-of-soldier-suspected-of-shooting-injured-palestinian-a6958711.html

Israel’s Sephardic Chief Rabbi has sparked controversy after saying non-Jews should not be allowed to live in Israel unless they follow a set of Jewish laws.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/non-jews-should-be-forbidden-from-living-in-israel-says-chief-rabbi-yitzhak-yosef-a6957806.html

In a world of Zombie terrorists walking around the world stabbing folks and blowing themselves up in groups of people, it sure makes it hard for me to sympathize with any dead terrorists. My opinion is good riddance.

Do you really think they are sombies?

These murdering idiots are brainwashed just like you are brainwashed.

Free yourself and you will see what really is going on.

No they are not sombies, but rather zombies, meaning Islamists Terrorist killing at will and being coached and rewarded by their leadership and Mosques to do so. Salafi Muslim mean anything to you? And not brainwashed but the opposite...enlightened.

And I link all movements that targets civilian people at will as terrorist. How a person could view these murdering organizations in any other light is baffling and could only come down to the brain dead or the supporters of such organizations. Which are you?

Free Palestine from the Israeli occupiers, enough for you?

Or maybe acts like this will turn people towards anti Semitism, you reap what you sow.

mites.

No need. Thai Visa has a large contingent of middle aged and elderly caucasian losers who would hate jews without any encouragement. The are typically poorly educated and failures in life, bereft of redeeming features who blame jews for their failings in life. It's been this way for ages.

I recall a kid from my scriptures class who did similar. He had a meltdown during a class discussion of the Gospel of Luke. He just lost it calling Luke a tool of the jews and other such inanities. The Vicar had attempted to calm him, but the kid became even more wacked out calling the Vicar a filthy jew. Didn't make sense, but the class erupted in laughter. He was eventually expelled from our school, and went on to screw up his life and squander a multi million dollar inheritance. He still scares those of us who knew him, so we try to avoid him. He was also a proponent of 9-11 bogus claims.

Outrages, just outrages

Anti semite BS won't get you anywhere. it's kind of non-intelligent BS.

Let it be understood that the "war" is not against the Israeli people, but the Israeli dictator and his defense boys who have absolutely no problems

in treating the Palestinians like dogs and 2nd or 5th citizens.

The so-called protection of the Israeli people against Arabs is one big scheme and don't you apologizers think for one minute the world does not know what you are up to.

Every time I read this, I think back of ww2 where the massive and heroic underground in all European nations were branded as heroes, and today still are.

They were fighting the invading German army controlled by a national socialist mad man.

Today I stand in awe of these thousands of heroes who gave their lives for freedom.

You are good at twisting truth to fit your true intentions, the sad reality is he still is a camel jockey, and fake video's or set up's are NOT made by camel jockeys though camel jockeys are usually used to appear genuine

If you actually read what is written, instead of making up your own story line, i did say it would be interesting to know if the video is indeed real, IF being the operative word.

Not sure if koran teaches the story of boy crying wolf, but once you cry wolf too many times, people with half a brain may start to doubt your sincerity.

I am sorry to disappoint you, i am not embarrassed at all, not should i be, though your posts do make me laugh, as no matter how much hatred and nonsense you spew very little changes.gigglem.gif

twisting what?

i mean it is so funny to claim the video is fake. claiming something you dont believe.

it is totally real, accepted by officials and court.

i mean you sound like nothign to say to support this bloody murder so trying your chance by claiming this video is fake and maybe some believe that? no one is that stupid anymore!

What people see is, Israelis steal and sit on the land by burning houses and doing an ethnic cleansing and still these actions allegedly supported by bigot high ranking rabbis:

https://www.rt.com/news/337676-israel-for-jews-rabbi/

So of course with full support behind IDF soldiers even after a bloody alleged murder, sure Israeli soldiers, especially the young ones more prone to brainwashing, will continue commiting murders. Because it is supported as a righteous action by politicians and religious leaders alike, it becomes like a bragging right for IDF soldiers to kill a Palestinian.

What i see, this young murderer IDF guy just arrived there after receiving some calls from his ultranationalist zionist friends to come and kill an injured palestinian so he can brag about this to his friends and post in the Facebook like how he killed a Palestinian! And he receives handshakes and pats on his shoulders after his murder.

it looks like he is trying to pass some kind of test (by killing a wounded unconscious Palestinian like a coward!) to me, some kind of like Phi Kappa Psi fraternity test but a vicious, bloody and coward one.

and very clear, if he had explosive belt or guns, he blow or shoot all soldiers there in the first place instead of attacking them with a knife as stated by dexterm.

this is a clear example. of course there are many vicious killings by IDF soldiers but not all of them captured by a camera like this one.

Israel is losing its international support and most importantly support from US and its citizens who pays billions of dollars from their taxes to Israel.

Americans ask know: 'we support Israel for what? to let them murder unconsciousness people on the ground? to do an ethnic cleansing? burn homes and to let them steal land?'

one important thing though, the killer is just 19 years old so i cannot find the fault fully on him.

These guys receive constant brainwashing (and what i understand from some pro Zionist posters, brainwashing goes a life time though:) and they are too young to realize the consequences, it is like a game for this guy what i see from the video.

the ones that put the dog collar to this guy are the faulty ones, the ones that brainwash those young guys with racist and fascist thoughts and creating hatred.

Of course this dog needs to pay for his actions, young or old but due to this hatred war there, it is always young people pay the price and used as a tool at the end while their masters are living in US comfortably or in their nice houses in Israel away from trouble.

and sad thing is, only 30 percent of Israelis see this as wrong and 70 percent support this murderer according to recent polls!

Israel needs to stop their murders, occupation and oppression on the stolen land. They are losing all international support even from Jewish people.

In terms of propaganda war, palestinian strategy of attacking with knives only is winning(of course i hate loss of human life, Israeli or Palestinian)