Child sex-tourism plan earns Alaskan 18 years

geovalin

As Alaskan man has been sentenced to 18 years behind bars for attempting to arrange a child sex tourism trip to Cambodia for himself and others, and for sexually exploiting children in Cambodia over a four-year period, the US Justice Department announced on Friday.

Jason Jayavarman, 45, was found guilty and convicted of the crimes in March last year, after an anonymous tip-off triggered an FBI and police investigation, said a statement from the department.

According to trial evidence, he planned a trip for himself and others to engage in illicit sexual conduct with Cambodian children as young as 12.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

"US district judge Sharon Gleason of the District of Alaska on Thursday sentenced Jayavarman to 18 years’ jail and a lifetime term of supervised release."

The scumbag's lucky he got sentenced in the US. Lifetime supervision means he'll have to report in regularly, get permission for where he lives, not be able to live within a certain distance of a school and other things. I'm not sure but I believe he'll lose his passport for good and not be able to travel.

"US district judge Sharon Gleason of the District of Alaska on Thursday sentenced Jayavarman to 18 years jail and a lifetime term of supervised release."

The scumbag's lucky he got sentenced in the US. Lifetime supervision means he'll have to report in regularly, get permission for where he lives, not be able to live within a certain distance of a school and other things. I'm not sure but I believe he'll lose his passport for good and not be able to travel.

Is he lucky, evidently he has travelled there before and done it, nothing is stopping Cambodia seeking his extradition after he has served his sentence in the U.S.