Post workout restaurants in Bangkok

jzbkk

Broccoli Revolution. On the corner of Sukhumvit and 49. It's vegetarian, so you are pretty much guaranteed to find healthy options you like there.

What's particularly "healthy" about vegetarian food as opposed to normal food?

He said you will find healthy options at a vegetarian restaurant. He did not compare vegetarian food to anything else. I bet you are one of those mental Paleo followers who refuse to eat sweet potatoes and think people will die if they eat ripe bananas.

Broccoli Revolution. On the corner of Sukhumvit and 49. It's vegetarian, so you are pretty much guaranteed to find healthy options you like there.

What's particularly "healthy" about vegetarian food as opposed to normal food?

What's normal food?

As post workout I often go to Oishy buffet and get loads of salmon and salad, veggies ect.

Pretty much the same as any restaurant, then?

Not really, I would qualify Sizzler and Oishy as best because of the salads and lean meat / fish available + fact is a buffet. Id rate Oishy better. Id say these are two of the best for people who workout and need much food and healthy food at a lower price. Because it incorporates a buffet with healthy stuff and cheap proteins.

Virgin Active member are we?

There's a huge choice on the bottom floor of emquartier - the food hall

There's a nice thai place just after the mall heading towards Bearing

What are you looking for exactly? Protein and carbs or vegetable matter? Are you putting on or cutting off?

Cheers for suggestions.

Local, putting on more...particularly lean proteins but carbs and 'vegetable matter' all good. The gai part of kao man gai seems ok.

I thought the same. But I've been told it's just fat rice with a small bit of chicken

It really depends around what time you workout. I've found it difficult to find something to eat in that area in the early mornings. And no, i'm not going to eat streetfood.

Past 10 - 11 am

Go to the foodcourt in the emporium mall, 5th floor. The food there is quite good.

Fuji emporium
MK at Big C rama 4

The Japanese restaurant at BigC rama 4, they serve "steak".

There are some OK restaurants at K-village behind Big C but they usually open up a bit later.

Oh yeah, Ofcourse there's the restaurant at the marriott in sukhumvit 24, large buffet for only 450 baht.

Edited by PocoLoco

<deleted> just go to the lower floor of EmQuartier and have a Krapow Moo for 70 Baht the same as every Thai who worked out today.

cheesy.gif

Nice word joke.

I was yesterday talking with a Thai bodybuilder (not the one that is arrested biggrin.png ) and they also go to stuff like Oishy or even sizzler. (not all the time as it can get expensive then). But if you workout then you need extra proteins and calories to grow. (wish I had that problem).

There are people around that really have a hard time putting on extra muscle (or fat again a problem I love to have) even though they do hard workouts in the gym on a regular basis. For those they really need the extra calories and proteins.

A Krapow Moo just does not cut it for those people.

A not so subtle way of telling everyone that you exercise. Why not go to any restaurant and just order what you think of as "healthy", you hunk.

What's unhealthy food anyway?

hit a nerve did he?

as for unhealthy food, look around you, if you see food available for sale it is very likely unhealthy.

but it doesnt really matter from the sofa

As post workout I often go to Oishy buffet and get loads of salmon and salad, veggies ect.

Pretty much the same as any restaurant, then?

Not really, I would qualify Sizzler and Oishy as best because of the salads and lean meat / fish available + fact is a buffet. Id rate Oishy better. Id say these are two of the best for people who workout and need much food and healthy food at a lower price. Because it incorporates a buffet with healthy stuff and cheap proteins.

Sizzlers sells all vegy from the Royal Project farms, i guess they don't use wrong chemicals to grow them but not sure. No idea where Oishi gets their vegy.

I prefer Sizzlers though, too many bad mannered folks in Oishi.

For japanese buffet only go to Miracle Grand hotel next to IT-mall Laksi, vibhawadee road. Around 650 baht for the buffet. They have a japanese restaurant there with a lot.

<deleted> just go to the lower floor of EmQuartier and have a Krapow Moo for 70 Baht the same as every Thai who worked out today.

cheesy.gif

Nice word joke.

I was yesterday talking with a Thai bodybuilder (not the one that is arrested biggrin.png ) and they also go to stuff like Oishy or even sizzler. (not all the time as it can get expensive then). But if you workout then you need extra proteins and calories to grow. (wish I had that problem).

There are people around that really have a hard time putting on extra muscle (or fat again a problem I love to have) even though they do hard workouts in the gym on a regular basis. For those they really need the extra calories and proteins.

I didn't realise the OP was asking about specialized weight training programs.

cheesy.gif

Nice word joke.

I didn't realise the OP was asking about specialized weight training programs.

Post workout is a term often used by gym rats, so I understand the confusion. It just means the first meal after a workout, some really value that meal as it is supposed to help extra for building muscles as its a good moment for taking proteins. Others like me don't really bother with it and make sure we eat well all day long.

• 1 month later...

Dressed in interchange. They also do protein shakes.

OB

Yes this is good been to the one Mercury Ville. Just checked and think it's Exchange Tower at Asoke though. Cheers

Edited by jzbkk