Pol Lt-Gen Sanit wonders why drunk driving charge was dropped against Red Bull heir

webfact

Let me play devil's advocate here.What if one of us were in a similar situation,not killing a copper,but doing something that would get you 10 years in jail.Would you go down the bribery route.It depends on how deep your pockets are,of course.2 or 3 years i would do,put it down to experience but 10 years would be the rest of the useful part of my life and i would go down the tea money route and compensate anybody i had harmed on the way.I am dead against corruption but when push comes to shove i would go the tea money way.Call me a hypercrite but survival comes 1st.

The only thing wrong with this 'hypocrisy' is that it is spelt wrongly. Otherwise, I am sure, that when push come to shove and ten years in a Thai jail was blowing down the corridor outside your cell, expensive appeals have a way of becoming more appealing. Don't they? I am sure you're right.

The only difference between Thailand and other countries more sophisticated in hiding a bribe (see lawyer's fees) behind a mountain of legalese, is just that. A mountain of paper they don't have the paitence for here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me play devil's advocate here.What if one of us were in a similar situation,not killing a copper,but doing something that would get you 10 years in jail.Would you go down the bribery route.It depends on how deep your pockets are,of course.2 or 3 years i would do,put it down to experience but 10 years would be the rest of the useful part of my life and i would go down the tea money route and compensate anybody i had harmed on the way.I am dead against corruption but when push comes to shove i would go the tea money way.Call me a hypercrite but survival comes 1st.

The only thing wrong with this 'hypocrisy' is that it is spelt wrongly. Otherwise, I am sure, that when push come to shove and ten years in a Thai jail was blowing down the corridor outside your cell, expensive appeals have a way of becoming more appealing. Don't they? I am sure you're right.

The only difference between Thailand and other countries more sophisticated in hiding a bribe (see lawyer's fees) behind a mountain of legalese, is just that. A mountain of paper they don't have the paitence for here.

You are probably right if your looking at 10 years jail,, but most law abiding people would rather see you locked up and out of harms way and not be able to bribe your way out,, and not just pay a bit of money you wouldn't miss, just like this guy appears to have done. Pay for your crime with jail, not money !!