drunk sexting ramifications with immigration?

having seen a real eatate agent earlier in the day and being bored monday night i texted her telling her that i'd take the room if she slept with me (stupid), and sending her a nude photo of myself post gym...

in any case she wentnto the police and messaged me with a photo of her phone on desk and my messages on screen in clear view and that of a thai police officer sitting ...told me the police are involved and that im "<deleted>" as well as saying my embassy and immigration were going to be contacted in the morning..

i feel really stupid about it now and im honestly not a bad guy.. whatever happens i apologized to her via text message

just curious what kind of trouble i could be in?

• Like 1

Several posts have been removed for various reasons. The OP has admitted he made mistake and is asking for advice not to be harangued about it.

What happens next depends upon how far she takes it. Basically it is the same for the police. As far as immigration they cannot do anything until you are formally charged.

• Like 2

Is this the shining example of "Quality Tourists" that Thailand is looking for?

In either case, a slap on the wrist if woman was over majority age to have casual sex. I would avoid any further communications with her.

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Like 1

You may be in serious trouble, and you may not be able to mitigate the repercussions. I would try this:

• Donate $100 to the activist group Women, Action & the Media (http://womenactionmedia.org/support-wam/).
  • Send her a text that reiterates your apology, states that you were suffering from temporary insanity, and copies her on your donation as a general expression of your recognition that such behavior is unacceptable.

As stated, if she is angry enough, nothing you do is probably going to help.

i suspect the fact that she sent you pictures of the police looking at the phone rather than the police themselves indicates she is likely just trying to scare you off.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a inflammatory comment

You were looking for real estate to buy... She is enhancing her offence at your actions to get a commission for selling nothing. Find a way with a lawyer to calm her down and pay her off. You may have to wait on buying any real estate as you funds are going to be depleted a bit with lawyer fees and a payoff.

Trying to evade the police is a high risk ploy that may work or may get you into deeper trouble.

The right lawyer might help. There is also risk here though. A sleazy lawyer might not see a quiet, cheap resolution as in his best interests.

Edited by BritTim

the girl mentioned in text theyd (police) be contacting immigration and my embassy today... what for im not sure.. maybe to prevent me leaving country

The embassy only has a duty to make sure that you are treated fairly under Thai laws and not much more... People often misunderstand the role of their Embassies - they are primarily Trade / Political or Development based representation for their countries interests. Your embassy would really have no interest in police action at this point (unless she was under 18 years of age). If there is a "warrant" for your arrest the immigration checkpoints would be notified.

• Like 1

Why not just play silly bugger and say it was not you.

Phone was lost/stolen.

Make it lost / stolen , ie get a new sim.

I do not see any major criminal charges but possibly sexual harassment , but being rather minor, I doubt it will go any further.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is the kind of story the Thai vernacular press loves to sensationalise. Time is not on the OP's side so he needs to act quickly to avoid any escalation. A settlement mediated by a lawyer is the best course of action.

• Like 1

OP you want to fix the problem?

Offer her a wedge of cash, it usually works.

Then you have to visit her and prostrate yourself on the floor in front of her and beg for forgiveness.

Perhaps it should be pointed out that if you decide to go down this route and follow colinneil's advice, no matter how you're feeling and no matter how much you've had to drink, it is absolutely essential that you are fully-clothed when you do this. Anything less and you run the risk of spooking her further. wink.png

Actually I feel for you on this one OP - we've all done silly things we regret when we've had a drink and 99% of the time we get away with it. It doesn't make it right and quite rightly you appear to be feeling pretty sick about it now. I hope it all works out OK for you and I wouldn't worry too much - what's done is done. You've accepted that you are responsible and now you will deal with the consequences of your actions, whatever they may be. It's as simple as that.

Going forward, you might want to seek some advice on "reading the signs" with Thai women - seems you were way off-base with this one...

Allot of drama nothing is going to happen to him.Stay away from a lawter and loose you're sim.And tell ghe real estate agent you meant to send that message to someone else and you are sorry then dont contact her anymore.Police will laugh at her if she reports you