Farang Food

Jimbo

Anyone know some good shops for Farang food. Looking of things like good ham and salami, humus, pitta bread. I have been to Ocean, Lotus, Big C, the Dehli in Patong but its always the same things.

Hey Jimbo,

The only place I've found so far that does Houmous and Pitta bread is an Israeli restuarant called 'Family Restaurant', just off of Hayek Chalong (from Wat Chalong Road, come to roundabout, take first turning, go down just on right hand side). Haven't found any in the shops, unless anyone else knows different?

As for salami and ham, can't help I'm afraid (I'm one of those funny vegetarian blokes :o )

Rich

I know the family restaurant. The have a good gyros also but I live in kathu and its a bit too far for me. I would prefer to be able to buy some and open a can whenever I like it. Patong has some new arab restaurants now a days but very overpriced and not too tasty.

I know the Deli in Patong. Its probably the best shop that I have been so far. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some others. Who knows, might find some goodies.

There's Food Glorious Food on Chao Far Road east, on the left hand side going to Phuket Town. Although there selection is fairly small they often have thing no one else has, also the owners speak very good English.

As for ham try Phuket Meat just a bit further up the same road on the left, before the second set of lights.

Robinsons in Phuket town sometimes has a different selection than the big supermarkets. There is also a shop in Kathu - Farang Food Paradise but I think its mainly Italian.

As for Pitta bread I make it myself, but failing that Phuket town will be the place but its just a matter of finding it in the maze of markets and shops. Someone is bound to be making it, they are making unleavened bread for kebabs somewhere so they will probably be making pita. The Deli in Patong used to sell it frozen but not any more. Isn't pita bread Greek? you could try the Greek restaurants and just ask them where they get there supplies.

For herbs, spices and cooking equipment there are two very good shops in Phuket town.