Tom Tom S.E. Asia GPS map wanted

Hi All

I have a Sony DVD with Tom Tom Navi from Europe fitted in my car. Tom Tom do a map for Thailand which is 25GBP to download but is not compatible with my device. However, the SE Asia map is but that is 45 GBP. Anyone have one ? I can't believe the hackers haven't managed to offer free downloads yet.................

Sygic was the same as Tom Tom here....I installed on my phone and enjoyed it for a short time - until they updated/changed formats......Now it's more like Google maps - not as detailed & a LOT less user friendly....I'm not sure if you'd be getting the new or the old.....Something to consider....

Wish I had the old system back the new one sucks.....

Hi Don, and thanks, that's very kind.

It looks like Tom Tom have things sewn up IT wise. I've checked their site and some maps can be transferred from your old device to a new one using their transfer file : https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14081/~/can-i-transfer-items-from-my-old-device-to-my-new-one%3F

But as you have to pay for additional maps after the initial purchase it looks like they have security in place to stop anyone sharing. Also for my device, Sony XNV L66BT, it says the Thailand map is not compatible, only the full S.E Asia one.

It's just over 2,200 Baht to buy the map so I probably will end up buying it although I don't use the car much and certainly won't be taking it out of Thailand. The irony is there are so many free options for maps on your phone but it would be nice to have it on the DVD screen.

As usual reply to questions like this one I recommend HERE maps. It's free, regularly updated and available from Play Store (Android) or iTunes. Look at http://here.com

Yes, that is basically what I said and I have that on my phone. However, as I paid extra for a Sony DVD player with Tom Tom Navi, I would like to utilise that and

look at it on a big screen.

All I can tell you about Tom is that do the updates on Google Maps ,and for 75$ you can Dload Tom Tom Thailand.

No I can't download Tom Tom Thailand, read my post, and in the UK it's around 35 $.

As usual reply to questions like this one I recommend HERE maps. It's free, regularly updated and available from Play Store (Android) or iTunes. Look at http://here.com

Yes, that is basically what I said and I have that on my phone. However, as I paid extra for a Sony DVD player with Tom Tom Navi, I would like to utilise that and

All I can tell you about Tom is that do the updates on Google Maps ,and for 75$ you can Dload Tom Tom Thailand.

No I can't download Tom Tom Thailand, read my post, and in the UK it's around 35 $.
Safe drivers don't look just listen to directions

Safe drivers don't look just listen to directions

English pronunciation of the Thai roads can be very poor at times and one HAS to look at the map.