'Indian' man sought in double Pattaya shop robberies

webfact

'Indian' man sought in double Pattaya shop robberies
Thaivisa Reporters

in.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Pattaya police are hunting for a robber who hit two Family Mart stores in South Pattaya within hours of each other this morning, reports Thaivisa News.

A salesgirl said the robber "looked like an Indian and spoke Thai very clearly."

The double heists took place just after midnight at the convenience store in Soi 2, Thap Praya and later around 4am in Soi Batman. Police are convinced they are the work of the same man.

At the first robbery salesgirl Wanida Kamonmit,20, said there were two robbers, one who walked in and the other who waited outside on a motorbike. She said that the man who entered the shop asked for cigarettes and a bottle of whisky worth 2,389 baht.

"When I put the goods out he said not to bother to ring that up and walked out without paying." She gave a detailed description of the quite fat robber who was wearing glasses adding that "he looked like an Indian but spoke Thai very clearly." She could not describe the man outside who was wearing a full face helmet.

CCTV gave officers investigating a good image of the robber wearing a black t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

The same man made off with goods worth 4,000 baht later in the night from the other Family Mart.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-29

Today Indians, yesterday Nigerians, last week the Canadians, a week before a Brit, a Frenchman and two Burmese. All giving Paradise City and the local people a bad reputation crime wise. They steal from tourists, they steal from locals.

Good to see the cops cleaning up these scummy foreigners.

.....some Thais....of Indian ancestry....born in Thailand....but still considered Indian....not Thai....

....says a lot.....

More. It says it all. Beginning in "Kindergarden" Thais are constantly reminded, that Thailand (and it's population) is something "special". Neighboring countries (and it's population) are far less "special".

Foreigners are tolerated if they perform the same labor for less money than Thai's (labor force from neighboring countries) or "long nose foreigners" (Farangs) with a big wallet.

Outside of those 2 qualifying factors: Thai's have no use of "foreigners". Full stop.

Cheers.

The man looked Indian? Is that a generic term? I have seen many Thai's from the south who look "Indian" and many Burmese are of Indian descent. To say that he looked Indian is no indication to his real origins at all.

I fully agree with you... however these type of discussions bring out a lot of prejudices. I saw people using words like 'pesky' 'identify by the stench they normally...." etc. It must be very painful for the Indians who read it. Of course there is robbery, murder, cheating and so many other vices committed by Indians especially in India. But they are not the whole population. And these viles are not limited to India. We will find it anywhere in the world. People in India are not identical by any standards. They differ even by physical features. People in the north eastern provinces look like Chinese and Thais.

I know very affectionate and very good people in Thailand. But we don't judge the country when we read a news of a lady cheating her boy friend or the news of a robbery.

Indian man sought after 2 robberies.

How do they know he was Indian??????

He had a chapati on his shoulder gigglem.gif

I'd give my left nut for a decent Chapati or Bagel in Chiang Mai!

Plenty of chapatis disguised as ladyboys around, always eager to please, always so polite and pleasant too...

Archived