Vast trove of travelers' personal info posted on govt website

webfact

what is really disgusting is the lack of ANY follow up to both yesterdays AND now this revelation …I guess as foreigners in this place we still continue to be of NO concern and have No rights over our personal information……I guess the urgency to register all passports for SIM numbers is now going to be revealed as the total waste of time many on here said at the time ...bah.gif

On the other hand - this could be a "show" by Thai authorities that we do have complete accountability of your movements, so toe the regime's line or else? Just thinking an alternative point of view. whistling.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....complete and utter lack of respect....and zero professionalism...

...amongst everything else.....nothing says..... 'they couldn't care less about us'....more than this...

...and as for all their..... 'crack downs on passports'....and national security and terrorists..etc......may as well throw that out the window....

...they just opened the floodgates......

...and of course...nobody is responsible or to blame....

The response of a Drama Queen who like to ignore the loss of data that occurs regularly in the West !

http://www.techworld.com/security/uks-11-most-infamous-data-breaches-2015-3604586/

Have a read then have a rant about the "complete and utter lack of respect....and zero professionalism..." that is commonplace in the UK and the USA.

You're saying that hacking into a government website to steal information, and that same agency posting it online for all see, are both the same thing?

Think about that.

Edited by BudRight

....complete and utter lack of respect....and zero professionalism...

...amongst everything else.....nothing says..... 'they couldn't care less about us'....more than this...

...and as for all their..... 'crack downs on passports'....and national security and terrorists..etc......may as well throw that out the window....

...they just opened the floodgates......

...and of course...nobody is responsible or to blame....

The response of a Drama Queen who like to ignore the loss of data that occurs regularly in the West !

http://www.techworld.com/security/uks-11-most-infamous-data-breaches-2015-3604586/

Have a read then have a rant about the "complete and utter lack of respect....and zero professionalism..." that is commonplace in the UK and the USA.

You're saying that hacking into a government website to steal information, and that same agency posting it online for all see, are both the same thing?

Think about that.

You're asking a lot ...

Thats why I never give them my passport when I check-in , my old DL is good enough.

Thai drivers license has your passport number on it.

I know that , so I show them my old DL from my home country even if I also own a Thai DL.. Only if they ask , most hotel staff will not mention it again if I tell them I forgot to bring it.