Officials say Egyptian plane hijacked, lands in Cyprus

webfact

Either he is bluffing about the belt, or someone on security at the point of embarkation is in for one hell of a bollocking!

I would think that it is simply lax security because "it's only a domestic flight". Admittedly it's been a while since I went to Egypt from Limassol, via Port Said, but the military and police were pretty lax, so lax in fact that they'd make the RTP look pretty switched on!

I've worked airside at quite a few airfields, and I've seen security way below what is expected by IATA, but I've also seen security beyond the call of duty too!

EDIT: In the time it took me to type this post the last paragraph was out of date, so I deleted it.

Edited by ThaiKneeTim

Either he is bluffing about the belt, or someone on security at the point of embarkation is in for one hell of a bollocking!

I would think that it is simply lax security because "it's only a domestic flight". Admittedly it's been a while since I went to Egypt from Limassol, via Port Said, but the military and police were pretty lax, so lax in fact that they'd make the RTP look pretty switched on!

I've worked airside at quite a few airfields, and I've seen security way below what is expected by IATA, but I've also seen security beyond the call of duty too!

EDIT: In the time it took me to type this post the last paragraph was out of date, so I deleted it.

It was listed as an international flight. Originated in Saudi Arabia.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Hopefully it was not too scary for the passengers, no one was hurt, no damage to the plane and the plane is soon back in service, the insurance company may well get of very lightly and will be very happy splashing out less than a million.

As it has now been reported that the belt was a fake.

So no issue with security...

You can't make this stuff up , one of the passengers , a Brit from Leeds was asking the "terrorist" for a selfie and posted it online while he still were on the plane.

hostage-m_2768290a.jpg

Hahaha…I love the smile on the face of that knob….hardly looks like your typical hostage….almost seems like he knows he's not in danger.

Wonder what the explosives belt is made up of….bottles of Vitagen?

Edited by JHolmesJr