Real-Estate-Agents/Offices Pattaya...Lousy service.....

moonseeker

I am presently looking to buy a large condo min. 100-140 sqm or even a house in Central Pattaya. Remodel-project welcome. I wrote to 10 real-estate offices, picked randomly from the internet, with details of the type of place I am looking for.

The only acknowledgement or feedback I received were 2 offices sending me their website addresses, without any extra efforts to make a couple of suitable offers or invite for a talk in their offices. Wow, they should go and learn from Pro's in the USA....They must be swamped with buyers, so there is no need for them to please potential customers. Pattaya mediocrity. Still searching....:-) MS>

I would think they are probably bored stiff with the amount of enquires they receive from poeple with totally unrealistic expectations.

When I was looking for my house I looked at nearly every real estate companies website and made a list of properties I wanted to see, contacted the agent and arranged a viewing. I did this with four different companies, all with no problems.

Getting them to sell your place ,displays the same lack of interest .Anyway as said look at their web sites and pick a property to view yourself .They will show you totally unsuitable places i.e ,if you say you want something in the B4M ,they will show you stuff at double that price .

This is how it goes

Arrive in Thailand........like it so want to stay.......how do I do that??

I need a work permit

I know I'll set up as an estate agent.......even though I haven't much of a clue.......

Surely it can't be that hard .....???

Sure there are some who may have been in the industry........Though I've yet to find one.......

Customer Service.......all that sellers and buyers want is .......Feed Back.....Being kept informed.....

That's not too much to ask for.....Guys & Girls ?

Edited by DD13

" they should go and learn from Pro's in the USA "

yes but in the USA you need a licence to carry out this activity which you only obtain after studying a formal course and sitting written exams.

there is only one precious resource in real estate and that is time. in Thailand how can you run around everywhere trying to service every Tom Dick and Harry when in the end you get beaten to the post .............. by a motorbike taxi guy.sad.png

Edited by Asiantravel

BS.

There aren't many buyers now.

The OP is correct.

Horrible service.

I usually agree with you mate ,but its very busy,honest

Can't understand how it's busy if nobody is buying and there are few renters? Was with a group of people last night. All own many properties, some for rent, some for sale. All were saying how bad things are.

BS.

There aren't many buyers now.

The OP is correct.

Horrible service.

I usually agree with you mate ,but its very busy,honest

Can't understand how it's busy if nobody is buying and there are few renters? Was with a group of people last night. All own many properties, some for rent, some for sale. All were saying how bad things are.

The problem is that there is such a vast supply of property most are stuck with it ,but some is selling and renting ,so if you have good stock on your books and good staff you do business, but there is a vast oversupply,now what happened last time ?

The OP seems to know where he wants to live and roughly what he is looking for, so I'd suggest he simply cuts out the middle man and does some leg work. Roam around the areas you're interested in and photograph all the signs on houses saying 'For Sale' (sometimes it's not written in English, so just look for the Thai word ขาย). Then phone up the ones you like the most and meet up with the owner and start negotiating. Many people won't bother with agents, partly for the reasons mentioned above but also because they feel that paying an agent 3%-5% of the sale price is too much. It's more work this way, but more fun and you'll get to see a wider range of properties. For condos the same applies but it's generally easier, just look for the condo notice board or ask in the office what's for sale.

Whether its thailand or US or wherever

Why trust some one thats working on commission for YOUR money.

Do the legwork yourself, undercut them everytime

Works good in a hot market. Not so good in a down market. I lived in California for years. At times, you could easily sell your home. Just put a cardboard sign out front and it'd be gone in a few weeks. At other times, forget.

An agent, if good, has a large base of people looking for properties. They can steer them to your place, and get you the price you want. And, if looking, they know what's good and what isn't. At least this is true for the real professionals....

in the GOOD OLD US of A do they find you a property 'free of charge' ?

I have to say as and ex real estate agent in Pattaya myself there were a lot of tyre kickers who contacted through email and when asked when were they next in Pattaya to view in person couldn't and wouldn't answer!

Out of all the leads through the website not many turned into transactions, I did give them time and answered all their questions but as the old saying goes 'it takes two to tango' and I prefer my dancing partner to actually be physically in front of me.....

good luck in your quest thumbsup.gif

In my recent intense search for a rental condo, I saw loads of available units online and in person. One agent (who is terrific) showed me 4 units, all of which had been taken off the market because there are no buyers. They sure as heck hadn't had a resident in a long long time, with rusty water coming out of the taps. And rents have come down considerably. One unit had been listed at 28,000 previously but was going for 22,000/mo after being on the sale market for a year. It was a beautifully wood-finished 100+ sq metre 2-bedroom in a nice central quiet location. You couldn't get this for 28K in Bangkok, more like 35K-45K. Too big for me, by the way. The cleaning!

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Even going to an office is no guarantee that you will receive any service

Went to a German owned operation on Third Road with the TG in tow and the owner ignored us so he could continue to chat with his German friends

Get great satisfaction every time I pass the office and see that he has gone out of business