Anyone can comment 3BB VDSL Internet?

gessi2000

beware the new 18/1.8 3BB package.

it has less international bandwidth than the old package, about 30 to 40% less download and upload than the old 15 / 1.5 plan.

from EU servers I now max out at 8 down and 0.8 up, my old plan had 11 down and 1.4 up - I can test it in realtime, as both of my plans are still active.

anyone using 3BB VDSL plan 30/5 please post test results to servers in Europe.

I am currently battling with 3BB to get my old plan back, "no can do" they say.

I feel cheated because they don't advertise that the new plan has 40% less international bandwidth.

If that is so, i feel cheated too. If they would said to me, the new plan is not suitable for intl. bandwith, i would say, no thanks. So we shot in our own foot. Based on that mess by 3bb.

I look forward to your vdsl experience.

Good luck mate.

And here my result to the same server in France on the same plan;

5237293784.png

1.61 upload is actually great - I wonder why I am limited to around 0.8

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More important for me is Chicago.

Then is looks like this;

5237332773.png

I must confirm, it's slightly better then before. I never got above 1Mb upload with the old plan.

Edited by alocacoc

More important for me is Chicago.

Then is looks like this;

5237332773.png

I must confirm, it's slightly better then before. I never got above 1Mb upload with the old plan.

5237340981.png

now this is nuts... what is going on?

could it have something to do with the way we connect? which ADSL standard are you using (annex)?

Edited by manarak

Apart from, that you wait to you VDSL package, if the upload rate to a domestic server is below 1.8Mb you should call 3bb. I had that issue in the past. They switched/replaced something on a box outside of the condo and then suddenly my upload speed got improved. It's worth a try.

Btw; i stay at VT 2B. Not far from you. So i think, we should get quite similar results.

Connection Status Help

DSL synchronization status Up DSL up time 06:33:13
Line Status Help

Upstream max rate (kbit/s) 2388

Downstream max rate (kbit/s) 19076

Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 1916

Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 17433

Line standard ADSL2+(AnnexM)

Channel type Interleaved
Upstream SNR (dB) 10.9
Downstream SNR (dB) 6.3
Upstream line attenuation (dB) 15
Downstream line attenuation (dB) 7.5
Upstream output power (dBmV) 8.9
Downstream output power (dBmV) 7.8
Upstream CRC 0
Downstream CRC 3
Upstream FEC 9
Downstream FEC 771

If someone see something to change which could led to a better connection, pls. let us know.

Edited by alocacoc

1.61 upload is actually great - I wonder why I am limited to around 0.8

Don't know.

I still have a decent Upload (for this 18 Mb ADSL package)

but the Download speed becomes horrible now in the evening sad.png

5237347517.png

The Download was rather steady around 12-14 with the 15 Mb package... Bad move.

I have been playing around with some tweaks in my asus N55U router, here is what I get now with a server in Bangkok:

5237388121.png

I continued to tweak the line power manually rather than letting it set automatically:

5237396142.png

What does line power? I can't find such a thing in my Huawei router.

Listed under "stability adjustment" in my Asus router, lets you modulate a dB adjustment, the higher the decibels, the higher the data rate but stability suffers.

beware the new 18/1.8 3BB package.

it has less international bandwidth than the old package, about 30 to 40% less download and upload than the old 15 / 1.5 plan.

from EU servers I now max out at 8 down and 0.8 up, my old plan had 11 down and 1.4 up - I can test it in realtime, as both of my plans are still active.

anyone using 3BB VDSL plan 30/5 please post test results to servers in Europe.

I am currently battling with 3BB to get my old plan back, "no can do" they say.

I feel cheated because they don't advertise that the new plan has 40% less international bandwidth.

If that is so, i feel cheated too. If they would said to me, the new plan is not suitable for intl. bandwith, i would say, no thanks. So we shot in our own foot. Based on that mess by 3bb.

I look forward to your vdsl experience.

Good luck mate.

And here my result to the same server in France on the same plan;

5237293784.png

Your connection shows a TT&T Connection not 3BB!

Many "TT&T" results in this thread.

I don't remember the whole story, but TT&T is either a previous name of what is 3BB now or it is a parent company?

Maybe someone can shed light on this,

I don't remember the whole story, but TT&T is either a previous name of what is 3BB now or it is a parent company?

basically the same company.

I just didn't have the energy to reply to sherlock above.

Not even close : http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL4N0SX2U220141107. But the broadband connection was a joint partnership until it went sour. Could this have any relation to the difference between TT&T listed speeds and 3BB listed speeds which are generally higher.. Dunno but it might be worth checking..

"

TT&T no longer operates as an ISP due to the company's recent restructuring and debt rehabilitation plan. All of the previous TT&T and Maxnet Internet customers were transferred to 3BB."

Edited by casualbiker

Not even close : http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL4N0SX2U220141107. But the broadband connection was a joint partnership until it went sour. Could this have any relation to the difference between TT&T listed speeds and 3BB listed speeds which are generally higher.. Dunno but it might be worth checking..

"

TT&T no longer operates as an ISP due to the company's recent restructuring and debt rehabilitation plan. All of the previous TT&T and Maxnet Internet customers were transferred to 3BB."

basically the same company when it comes to internet routing.

@Pattaya46, how much do you pay for your 18Mb package?

Unsure unsure.png

I just asked them to do what was needed to "upgrade" my 15Mb package to the new 18Mb package, but there is absolutely no price on the paper the gave me. Basicly only login information and references to "18M".

I was on a yearly-payment contract, so I suppose I will have to wait for the May bill to know about the price. I didn't see anything else than 590 baht for 18Mb on all your ads though.

This 18M is NOT for an international use:

5237877211.png

5237860660.png

Same here. The piece of paper i got which contains the credentials and personal information, don't contain any information about the price. But; since i asked for the 500 Baht promotion i expect to be on this plan.

All this makes no sense If i would act as an Internet Service Provider and offer different packages, which are dedicated to international OR domestic connection/bandwidth, i would promote the intl. packages to companies and foreigners. For sure, there is a market for that. But 3bb seems to be not really interesting in this kind of client. I'm pretty sure there must be a decent demand from Thai locals and companies as well, apart from us expats.

Edited by alocacoc

So I'm still left wondering if it is worth it to switch to vdsl 20/4 or just stick with adsl 13/1. Same 590 price.

On a second glance of their website http://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product , they are not offering ADSL anymore. Only VDSL. So if i'm willing to lease the VDSL modem for 1500 baht.

side question: any reason why adsl modem cannot be used at all? Is the protocol that much different?

Edited by 4evermaat

Same here. The piece of paper i got which contains the credentials and personal information, don't contain any information about the price. But; since i asked for the 500 Baht promotion i expect to be on this plan.

All this makes no sense If i would act as an Internet Service Provider and offer different packages, which are dedicated to international OR domestic connection/bandwidth, i would promote the intl. packages to companies and foreigners. For sure, there is a market for that. But 3bb seems to be not really interesting in this kind of client. I'm pretty sure there must be a decent demand from Thai locals and companies as well, apart from us expats.

I have the fiber 3bb package. It was originally 30/3 and it was excellent for my use. The connection to HK servers was pretty much identical to Bkk and REALLY stable. They then "upgraded" me to 100/10. The speed improved but stability suffered especially speed at night suffering from occasional drop outs. I complained to the help line/call centre and they sent a technician. He tested the line and said "no problem" it was explained that I was extremely happy with the original setup and that I hadn't asked for the "upgrade". They then changed my connection to 100/30. That was OK but still not stable.. The technician has been line checking and adjusting my line now I have 30/5 stable and am happy again.. For me stability is more important than speed.. Those are testmynet speeds not just speedtest. So perhaps try and talk to 3bb, I find they are fairly good and responsive to individual requests.

I have the fiber 3bb package. It was originally 30/3 and it was excellent for my use. The connection to HK servers was pretty much identical to Bkk and REALLY stable. They then "upgraded" me to 100/10. The speed improved but stability suffered especially speed at night suffering from occasional drop outs. I complained to the help line/call centre and they sent a technician. He tested the line and said "no problem" it was explained that I was extremely happy with the original setup and that I hadn't asked for the "upgrade". They then changed my connection to 100/30. That was OK but still not stable.. The technician has been line checking and adjusting my line now I have 30/5 stable and am happy again.. For me stability is more important than speed.. Those are testmynet speeds not just speedtest. So perhaps try and talk to 3bb, I find they are fairly good and responsive to individual requests.

is it possible to tweak settings at the modem level vs reducing the subscription speed?

is it possible to tweak settings at the modem level vs reducing the subscription speed?
probably. But I have no idea about that.. For me I'm actually still up on what I originally subscribed to so I'm happy.

yes, there are settings available for tweaking, most notably the "stability adjustment" and a couple other settings.

Apart from, that you wait to you VDSL package, if the upload rate to a domestic server is below 1.8Mb you should call 3bb. I had that issue in the past. They switched/replaced something on a box outside of the condo and then suddenly my upload speed got improved. It's worth a try.

Btw; i stay at VT 2B. Not far from you. So i think, we should get quite similar results.

Connection Status Help

DSL synchronization status Up DSL up time 06:33:13

Line Status Help

Upstream max rate (kbit/s) 2388

Downstream max rate (kbit/s) 19076

Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 1916

Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 17433

Line standard ADSL2+(AnnexM)

Channel type Interleaved

Upstream SNR (dB) 10.9

Downstream SNR (dB) 6.3

Upstream line attenuation (dB) 15

Downstream line attenuation (dB) 7.5

Upstream output power (dBmV) 8.9

Downstream output power (dBmV) 7.8

Upstream CRC 0

Downstream CRC 3

Upstream FEC 9

Downstream FEC 771

If someone see something to change which could led to a better connection, pls. let us know.

your line values are quite bad, you should call 1530 and say that SNR is very low and you're disconnected very often.

The sync speed for 18/1.8 package is 20476/2045 not 17433/1916 as you have for now until your next disconnection.

Thanks manarak. How could 3bb fix that SNR? Is it hardware or software related? About the sync speed. Is there something i can do?

there's nothing you can do by yourself, your modem is auto negotiating a lower speed than the specified profile when the value goes down, call 1530, say snr is low, 24h later a technician will show up at your doorstep and will check your line and make sure it's back to normal values, you're probably just 125M from the mini DSLAM in the street.

I got the same values.

DSL Driver Version FwVer:3.20.56.20_A_TC3087 HwVer:T14.F7_11.2 DSL

Link Status up

DSL Uptime 1 days 12 hours 16 minutes 16 seconds

DSL Modulation ITU G.992.5(ADSL2PLUS)

ANNEX Mode ANNEX M

SNR Down 6.6 dB

SNR Up 15.0 dB

Line Attenuation Down 6.8 dB

Line Attenuation Up 5.5 dB

Path Mode Interleaved

Data Rate Down 17316 kbps

Data Rate Up 1916 kbps

MAX Rate Down 20172 kbps

MAX Rate Up 2472 kbps

POWER Down 15.5 dbm

POWER Up 11.6 dbm

CRC Down 11

CRC Up 0

Edited by manarak

So I'm still left wondering if it is worth it to switch to vdsl 20/4 or just stick with adsl 13/1. Same 590 price.

On a second glance of their website http://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product , they are not offering ADSL anymore. Only VDSL. So if i'm willing to lease the VDSL modem for 1500 baht.

side question: any reason why adsl modem cannot be used at all? Is the protocol that much different?

I was told by the 3BB local office in BigC Tasala, Chiang Mai that all 10/500k lines will be upgraded to 18/1.4 over the next 2 months.

Mine was running at 18/1.4 last month, but has now reverted to 10/500k (maybe a test).

Rather than changing to 20/4 for 590 baht/month, I will be upgrading to 50/10 at 700 baht/month.

3BB price list.pdf

Had 3bb installed in my house on 1st April, VDSL 30/5.

Had no connection yesterday, 4th April.

Called them to fix it but say it's night, their technician can only work from 8-5. Good Job 3bb..

But their speed was good though.. Once they bring the line back up, will share the speedtest result..

what price is that package ?

i went yesterday and thery said they only have 20/4 and 50/10 on vdsl

i signed up and theyre installing on the 18th because there is no vdsls modems left

(couldnt get 50/10.....they said my distance from base can only get 20/4 unfortunately ) sad.png

I am paying 900-ish per month for it..

Most of the people in my estate are using ADSL so want to avoid that crowd.. Opted for VDSL instead..