Pattaya police setup checkpoints as part of national crackdown on traffic violators

snoop1130

Pattaya police setup checkpoints as part of national crackdown on traffic violators
Thaivisa Reporters

post-249866-0-21656700-1459256788_thumb.

PATTAYA:-- A big checkpoint was set up in Pattaya this afternoon to check traffic violators and people carrying illegal goods, reports Thaivisa News.

The checkpoint was set up on the orders of Pattaya police chief Sukhatat Pumpanmuang after directives received from the country's central police as part of a new crackdown on traffic violators ahead of the upcoming Songkran holidays.

Volunteers joined regular police making the force sever dozen strong checking cars, trucks and bikes on Pattaya 3 road, South Pattaya.

No contraband goods were found in the operation but "a large number" of motorists, including foreigners were fined for not having insurance or irregularities in licences.

Another day in paradise.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-29

Last weekend in Pattaya my wife even horned to somebody!! I've never seen her doing that. It was against a farang and his wife plus kid on a scooter who drove through red and blocked our way. Fallang go home she said whistling.gifwhistling.gifcheesy.gif

Last weekend in Pattaya my wife even horned to somebody!! I've never seen her doing that. It was against a farang and his wife plus kid on a scooter who drove through red and blocked our way. Fallang go home she said whistling.gifwhistling.gifcheesy.gif

Your wife is a real gemthumbsup.gif

Or Pattaya a real mess! She drives many hours every day in BKK and never horns.

"National crackdown".

Waiting for it to expand from Pattaya 3rd road to upcountry.

Today driving in the district town.

Not a single scooter driver with a helmet.

3 out of 4 scooters without number plates.

"National crackdown".

Here they sometimes fine scooters without helmets but you still see plenty of them, especially at night.

Scooters without numberplates can do as they like, no camera can stop/fine them. They are the perfect vehicles to commit crimes, even more when it's normal to wear a balaclava.

I met my nephew in Pattaya, he is 16 and came on a scooter while the helmet hung on the steer, he didn't want to ruin his hair. Pattaya is a big mess, even worse then BKK. And they have a nice sidewalk now (hadn't been there in years) but the taxistands made a very low roof with sharp points which i hit because i'm tall. And that's on beachroad infront of the Holiday Inn where many farangs stay.

Crackdowns in Thailand are just for laughs.

No , she is just a real gem

With all due respect, that's one of the problems here. Thais want our money, but not us. A very racist statement, and totally inappropriate. Again, with all due respect.

wai2.gif

"National crackdown".

These checkpoints are just ATM machines. Open one up and watch the money flow in. If they did things properly, the fines would be recorded and the next infraction would result in loss of license, vehicle, jail, etc. But then, no more ATM.

Funny that, many of the vehicles deserving of a horn in Pattaya seem to have Bangkok plates!

And they have a nice sidewalk now (hadn't been there in years) but the taxistands made a very low roof with sharp points which i hit because i'm tall.

It's not so much a matter of being tall as merely a failure to look where you're walking. It's a very good thing your wife does the driving. That needs to continue.

No, if you'd been caught in a pedestrians checkpoint and ticketed right after you hit that low roof, you'd probably think twice before recklessly walking again.

Crackdowns and checkpoints aren't most effective but they're how we do things, they do have some effect, and they're better than nothing. Can you imagine the response to any suggestion of raising visa fees to pay for better policing? Best thing about them is that they give the peanut gallery yet another excuse to sneer and demonstrate their considerable expertise at crime fighting.

Edited by JSixpack

Strange , i got the horn the other day as wellwhistling.gif

And they have a nice sidewalk now (hadn't been there in years) but the taxistands made a very low roof with sharp points which i hit because i'm tall.

It's not so much a matter of being tall as merely a failure to look where you're walking. It's a very good thing your wife does the driving. That needs to continue.

No, if you'd been caught in a pedestrians checkpoint and ticketed right after you hit that low roof, you'd probably think twice before recklessly walking again.

Crackdowns and checkpoints aren't most effective but they're how we do things, they do have some effect, and they're better than nothing. Can you imagine the response to any suggestion of raising visa fees to pay for better policing? Best thing about them is that they give the peanut gallery yet another excuse to sneer and demonstrate their considerable expertise at crime fighting.

In any civilized country hanging a roof at a height where pedestrians could hit their head on it is against the law and it would be removed and offender penalized, so nothing to do of recklessly walking, but rather putting life threatening obstacles in pedestrians ways. Of course your rose colored mileage may differ.

Crackdowns and checkpoints aren't most effective but they're how we do things,

We know long time that you consider yourself Thaier than Thai, but you don't have to remind us continuously.

Is that 3rd Road south Pattaya in the pix? I don't recognize the median strip, nor anything else. Anyway, if that's their idea of a major checkpoint to crackdown on illegal goods, then why is there only room for motorcycles? I can't see how they could possibly be pulling over cars, pickups etc in that small area. So, once again with the smoke and mirrors?

PS: Likely the photo is a generic one pulled from the files, and not from the actual checkpoint. If so, the news (?) people are obligated to saying so in a caption.

Is that 3rd Road south Pattaya in the pix? I don't recognize the median strip, nor anything else. Anyway, if that's their idea of a major checkpoint to crackdown on illegal goods, then why is there only room for motorcycles? I can't see how they could possibly be pulling over cars, pickups etc in that small area. So, once again with the smoke and mirrors?

PS: Likely the photo is a generic one pulled from the files, and not from the actual checkpoint. If so, the news (?) people are obligated to saying so in a caption.

It's 3rd Road near Soi Excite. I drive it every day. Saw many times this checkpoints but got never stopped. Actually there are 3 Checkpoints in a row. However, it looks like they only stop motorcycles.

Did it last long enough for "someone" to enjoy it clap2.gif

A wise women with deep philosophical insights with solutions to match - congratulations on your choice of life partner. Who knows? One day she might have the right to vote, shape polices and see her dream come true. Or one day the baht will be sufficiently strong and she wealthy enough to travel around 'farangland,' wherever that is. Perhaps the people she peeped/honked her horn at, learned their driving habits here and are just trying to fit in with local culture.

That must have been a special day. giggle.gif

Do you think that this was a veiled command to you ? Don' go on any balconies with her.5555

In any civilized country hanging a roof at a height where pedestrians could hit their head on it is against the law and it would be removed and offender penalized, so nothing to do of recklessly walking, but rather putting life threatening obstacles in pedestrians ways. Of course your rose colored mileage may differ.

I'm happy you took the bait to schoolmarm most impressively. smile.png Well, now, Thian did closely follow your principles of ignoring obstacles that you think shouldn't be there. Fondly imagining he was still in the arms of some nanny state, he neglected to take personal responsibility of, uh, looking where he's walking. Inevitably, that illusion led to an injury. Long as he agrees with you, his head, if not other body parts, will continue to be at risk. I fear for his wallet, too. I mean, there his own wife is saying, "Farang go home!" Whoa. Kinda all fits together, don't it?

Or, he could come off the high horse, face the reality that walking on Beach Road can't possibly be expected to be the same as walking on Oxford Street, watch out for obstacles, and (cough) merely avoid them as I do. Yeah, my mileage differs in being injury-free. smile.png I enjoy Beach Road better that way myself.

Up to him. I love watching all the Social Darwinism at work here in Pattaya, though. BTW, I learned to watch out for low hanging signs, roofs, and doors in the most civilized country in the world: Japan.

Edited by JSixpack

Horn broken look for fingerpost-4641-1156694005.gif