Toyota Yaris offer

lj cm

We are thinking about buying a Yaris and the wife went (alone) to Toyota to check:

For the J model (519,000 Baht) they will give 20,000 Baht discount (only to the end of this month)

Furthermore they give 1 year 1.Class insurance, all expenses for registration and license plate, film on windows, full tank of gasoline.

There are some more stuff, but my wife can not remember it, and can not read it on the photocopy, she got of the paper.

With a loose calculation, they will give 45,000 Baht worth, and that sounds good.

My question is then: did anyone else get the same deal, or better, on a Yaris or similar car?.

PS!. I have the last week looked at used cars, but as people have written here on TV before; the prices a way to high.

PPS! I am in Chiang Mai.

Shop around, from my experience best to be straight with the dealer tell them your shopping around, what you want and ask for their best price. Dealers will never give you the best price at first. Be flexible on colour. Phone or visit as many dealers as you can. Bangkok, where ever doasnt matter. Warranty is nation wide. And don't worry about doing it dealers are used to this

Oh and best bit of advice ANYONE ever gave me was stick to japanese cars.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

A Yaris might be okay for just popping to the shops, but I bought a Vios about 7 years ago and have been quite impressed with it. Hard to advise on a car as I don't really know your style of driving, but an underpowered car can be the pits if you are driving any distance.

I have the first model in 2007, discount non as you noted they throw in all the stuff that adds up to around 40,000 the insurance itself is around 24,000 baht. Oh make sure it includes tining the windows! After the first year start to look around the company Toyota uses basically get a kick back. When you need them very little English if you get into a accident wife not with you big problems.

I had a choice of buying a Jazz my brother did and I felt the Yaris was better built and as noted much cheaper. Today my Yaris has 92,000 and aside from the nicks by my wife it runs great. Aside from tires and battery never had a problem Toyota service in Pattaya top notch. I will admit I got the car just for town and when I got to go inlaws up country I rent a truck which was really my first and top choice. But the wife never drove before and for someone who couldn't afford a bike now didn't want to be seen in a truck. Today, she is constantly urging me to buy a 4 door Auto Truck.. I just smile.. good luck.. she gets my point.

I believe there are two models, not sure which one the J model is... but the cheaper one has cloth interior with a 1.2 CC engine.. the higher end one has leather interior and a 1.5 CC.

If people think 1.5 has no power not sure what the 1.2 will do?

Edited by thailand49

I used a yaris rental for 2 months. Its a POS. No power, cheaply made, rough riding, hard seats just an overall POS. I changed cars because it was so bad. Do not buy one.

Definitely don't get a black one. I was coming home from the bar in the dark in my 4x4 Colorado and I thought I hit a pothole. My wife told me I ran over my friend's car. After a lot of discussion and checking my truck (not a scratch) we returned to the bar. It turns out I had driven over the hood in the dark and left a basketball (tire) sized dent in the hood and various other damage.

Frankly, any car you can drive over without even a scratch is not worth risking your life in...

And yes I was a "bit" tipsy and driving at 10kmph but seriously....

I have one very big problem with all these small cars. Have you ever seen one after a accident. I'm not telling about bumping into someone in a parking lot. I'm talking about road accidents. Not much left. They end up in so many pieces sometimes you can't tell what kind of a car it was. They are cute and fun to drive. They are just to dangerous for me.

Here in America the Yaris is the hatchback version of the Toyota Vios. The Vios sedan is called a Yaris Sedan. Essentially the same car, with both having the 1.5L engine. I've rented the Vios in Thailand numerous times, and find it to be a good little car, with plenty of room for 4 people. Might suggest that over the Yaris with the 1.2L. I also find the Yaris is butt ugly, but that is my perspective.

My wife has a Yaris which she uses to visit her mother and go to the shops; never more than a 25 km round trip. That's about all it's good for; it's fine as a second car. Most of time we use my Fortuna which is a real car. So my advice is don't buy a Yaris if it's going to be your one and only car.

I rented a Yaris a couple of years ago and hated it. (power, size, ride, etc.) On the other hand, I got my ex a Chevy Aveo and we both liked it. Better built, more capacity, more power.

I bought a new Yaris stick-shift for about that same price 5 years ago. I love the car, it's a very cute looking 'bug' type car. I think it's very nice design for a car that cheap; and it has a quite a fan base in Thailand:

http://www.yarisclubthailand.com/

The only thing is I beleive the new ones are coming with a smaller engine-that would really suck because power is not something it has in excess..

Was at the Mitsubishi dealer recently getting the Pajero serviced and had a look at the Tritons. Thought about trading in the DMax (second car)as I was impressed by finish and looks. They were about high 500k. Of course that was before the last tax increase. Check them out as it would be a whole lot safer than a "coffin" on 4 wheels

Edited by callaway

Hi' all. I'm the OP.

My description of the topic may not have been clear. It was supposed to be about the deal and not the car.

The car is for my daughter. She leaned to drive in a Yaris and she likes it (and so do I). That's it!.

But; I like to widen my question. Has anyone recently bought any new vehicle and what deal did you get?.

It might be of interest to people planning to buy a new car or pickup.

For what it is worth, I think the Yaris is one of the best that Toyota make.

Drove 4 different Vios with less than 60,000 km on the clock, they are rubbish.

I drove a Saab here for 12 years & now moved into a Civic. Pretty happy with it after 4 years

Go look at Mazda 2. Much better car.

About a week ago, there was a 2010 Mazda 2 advertised on the noticeboard at Rimping near the Nawarat bridge for 315,000 baht, 35,0000 km on the odometer. Fully optioned if I remember rightly.

I have the first model in 2007, discount non as you noted they throw in all the stuff that adds up to around 40,000 the insurance itself is around 24,000 baht. Oh make sure it includes tining the windows! After the first year start to look around the company Toyota uses basically get a kick back. When you need them very little English if you get into a accident wife not with you big problems.

I had a choice of buying a Jazz my brother did and I felt the Yaris was better built and as noted much cheaper. Today my Yaris has 92,000 and aside from the nicks by my wife it runs great. Aside from tires and battery never had a problem Toyota service in Pattaya top notch. I will admit I got the car just for town and when I got to go inlaws up country I rent a truck which was really my first and top choice. But the wife never drove before and for someone who couldn't afford a bike now didn't want to be seen in a truck. Today, she is constantly urging me to buy a 4 door Auto Truck.. I just smile.. good luck.. she gets my point.

I believe there are two models, not sure which one the J model is... but the cheaper one has cloth interior with a 1.2 CC engine.. the higher end one has leather interior and a 1.5 CC.

If people think 1.5 has no power not sure what the 1.2 will do?

In Toyotaspeak, the J is the base model and the G is the fully optioned model. The 1.5 engine appears to be very reliable.

Recommend you visit a 2nd Toyota dealer, show him the offer from the 1st one and ask he if he needs to top it. When I bought my Fortuner 2 yrs ago, I was able to add many things to the list thanks to the fact both dealers were keen on making a deal. Things you definitely should get are:

- discount on price

- decoration (all the things you want, i.e. Chrome door handles etc etc)

- film

- red license plate + registration of white plates

- 1st class insurance

- full tank

Recommend you visit a 2nd Toyota dealer, show him the offer from the 1st one and ask he if he needs to top it. When I bought my Fortuner 2 yrs ago, I was able to add many things to the list thanks to the fact both dealers were keen on making a deal. Things you definitely should get are:

- discount on price

- decoration (all the things you want, i.e. Chrome door handles etc etc)

- film

- red license plate + registration of white plates

- 1st class insurance

- full tank

Surely you'd get an even bigger discount if you get a vehicle with tacky chromed plastic stuck on it?

I used a yaris rental for 2 months. Its a POS. No power, cheaply made, rough riding, hard seats just an overall POS. I changed cars because it was so bad. Do not buy one.

Definitely don't get a black one. I was coming home from the bar in the dark in my 4x4 Colorado and I thought I hit a pothole. My wife told me I ran over my friend's car. After a lot of discussion and checking my truck (not a scratch) we returned to the bar. It turns out I had driven over the hood in the dark and left a basketball (tire) sized dent in the hood and various other damage.

Frankly, any car you can drive over without even a scratch is not worth risking your life in...

And yes I was a "bit" tipsy and driving at 10kmph but seriously....

I would say little more than tipsy to run over another car and not know it

We just bought one and got 30,000 baht off for a price of 519,000. E version.

They threw in some other stuff like insurance, film, fuel, mats, etc.

They did say it could take a month which seems long due to the low # of sales in Feb and March going by the Motor Show numbers.