Lumia 650

AgentSmith

This week the MS Lumia 650 was officially released in Thailand. The only website selling it that I could find is Lazada. Their delivery time however is up to a week which I find ridiculous. I'm in Bangkok next week anyway so no point to order with them. Does anyone know of a webshop that sells it and that has a more reasonable delivery schedule?

Edited by AgentSmith

The delivery delay indicates it may be a 3rd party vendor rather than Lazada itself: beware the warranty.

Looks more and more like Microsoft is abandoning Windows phones. Just this week an article pointed out that they didn't even mention the platform during a recent major Windows development conference. Guess they just can't handle being #3.

• 2 weeks later...

MS mentioned quite a few things there that also involve Windows Mobile. It's typically the mainstream media here blindly copy pasting one bogus anti MS story. Microsoft even responded to it by saying that they see Windows as one platform and don't distinguish anymore between building for pc, mobile and even xbox. Makes total sense because all devices now run on more or less the same OS, even if Windows Mobile is only a subset of Windows desktop versions which add legacy Win32 code obviously.

Anyway, I bought a 650 at IT City and I love it. So much more polished than Android. True there are still some drawbacks to Windows Mobile but so far they haven't bothered me. Still lots of apps are available.

The phone is amazing, but everyone is scared the processor is to weak. Not sure about any other webshop.

The Snapdragon 212 in the L650 has basically the same performance as the 400 in the L640 and it has served me well so far. Sure the phone is not as swift as a high-end phone but that's to be expected. W10M still does need more finetuning but that's only a matter of time. With each build it gets a little bit better.

Is it Win10? I have a 640 (I think) and I am waiting for the update.

You need to install the upgrade advisor from the store if you want to upgrade. Or become a Windows Insider instead. Two people here have a 640 and those have been running W10M since December last year without any problems. I do recommend a factory reset after the upgrade and preferably no restore afterwards so it starts with a clean slate. Upgrades notoriously cause performance issues with Lumia devices. A factory reset fixes that so don't worry if the phone feels slow right after the upgrade.