Hua Hn NEEDS To Do Someting

ExpatLife

Traffic lights do not smooth traffic flow, they create packets of traffic.

The two sets of lights on Phetkasem create huge tailbacks at weekends .

I am not sure what the solution is; maybe ban all right-turns from and into Phetkasem, thereby obviating the need for traffic lights, and having U-turns at regular intervals ?

Well stated Felipesed! That is what the forum is about I hope. Brainstorming possible solutions. Cops working the intersections and the u-turns to hitch-hike on what you are saying! Implementation most likely out of our control, however!

There is already a bypass linking Pranburi to Chaam but the main throughfare is Petchkasem which can not be widened/improved in anyway. Back roads are limited and at times no quicker anymore. There just isn't anywhere to direct the traffic and being such a popular destination things will only get worse. I personally now never venture South of the mall and prefer to drive to Lotus in Tha Yang 35kms North rather than the short but time consuming and frustrating journey to Market Village

He's made a post about worsening traffic in HH and thinks sonething needs to be done... Agreeably so.

Why attack the Op? I don't get it... His points are valid, as are those who also wish to discuss this topic. Isn't that what an open forum is for?

OK, use the back roads, however, those too will soon be congested... What to do then? Something needs to be done...

Even if it's just a discussion point on this thread it's interesting for some and helps others understand that others understand and agree with their frustrations...

Not only that but the backroads are more often than not in terrible condition, I actually know certain potholes and cracks off by heart due to driving my partner to work every morning.

Phetkasem Rd especially at weekends and rush hours is ridiculous, and only recently the police have stopped trying to earn more money by setting up roads blocks just outside of Market Village to fine people.

The only real solution I can think of would be either some kind of monorail system or cable car type thing, or another 'vein' that runs through HH instead of Phetkasem, but I am no town planner sad.png