Bluetooth Creating Toothaches?

lostinisaan

Sawasdee khrap,

I'm just trying to figure out how certain Bluetooth stuff works. At my school, I've got an older PC but I upgrade it, put 6 GB of memory in and use a TP LInk USB memory stick to get wireless, as the router is too far away to run a LAN.

In another thread, I wrote about the problems I had with my really old DELL Inspiron 1440 great machine, but no drivers for Bluetooth available. I could finally get this problem solved with a Lenovo driver.

I made a joke with a colleague at my school and used her Brother wireless printer with my TP Link wireless connector and started scanning something. She didn't understand why her printer started scanning and was sure I'm good to go with any other Bluetooth equipment.

But I'm experiencing the same problem I had with my DELL laptop. There's absolutely no Bluetooth installed, neither at Systems settings, not when I search for it.

My question therefore is: Why could I connect my PC to the wireless printer and access all functions via Bluetooth, by using the option printers, where I saw her model listed?

Mt plan is to use a wireless speaker for the new school year and need to get the problem solved how to put Bluetooth on a PC.

Would that work with an ordinary TP Link USB stick, or would I have to buy a special Bluetooth connector?

Thanks a lot for any useful answers.

Bluetooth USB dibgkes are very cheap to buy and work just like any oter bluetooth device

Stupid me, for not checking at Advice when I was there yesterday. Okay, bought one at a no name store at a Tesco for 100 baht ( Advice Mai Mee) and inserted it into my PC.

Some updates and my Bluetooth popped up ! But when I try to connect my smartphone ( Android) to it, it's asking me for a code to connect.

There's neither a visible code that I could type in, nor is it a password. What could be the problem, or how could I get that done without wasting more time for such a simple ( not really) thing?

Any inputs would be deeply appreciated, thank Buddha grades are done and I think I can stay at home starting from tomorrow.

Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan