Culture Ministry unveils 'Better Driving through Thainess' campaign

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about better driving through education. You know - proven methods of safe driving and how to apply it...... Oh, forget it.

How about letting the ministry of traffic police doing something to make them drive safe and less selfish/irresonsible?

Or would they say it's Thai culture to cause loads of accidents (the highest of the world)?

Webcams are great, even motobike drivers wear them now and i see more of them every day.

Soon there will be a whole youtube-channel full of those movies and it will go viral.....Then the world can see what Thainess is.

Last time I drove back from Bangkok to Khon Kaen I witnessed 3 tail end shunts between the Big Mango and Saraburi. One involving 5 cars. OF course once the holdup cleared everyone was back riding on the arse of the car in front. Leaving a safe stopping distance with the car in front is a waste of time as there'll always be some knobend squeezing into the gap. Sadly I fear any road safety campaign is an exercise in futility.

The worst I've seen is 14 accidents in the 80 km journey from home to Khon Kaen on Highway 2. Rear end shunts, trucks driving into the roadside woodlands for no apparent reason (two separate incidents), pick-ups & a bus in the central ditch plus the inevitable bikes although, TBH, on that particular trip bike accidents were in the minority & not very serious. That was at this time of year 2 years ago, presumably as people were making their way north for the Songkran holiday. I'll be looking for similar this year but hoping (in vain?) for a vast reduction in pile-ups.

This campaign will fail unless you get drivers on the highways and the main road. The Thai driver are so use to driving without law and if they are in a hurry they will make a two lane highway into a four lane highway. norespect for the law abiding people waiting in line or the Thai driving laws. This campaign is just lip service unless they get of off there chairs and see the real driving Thainess! So Sad!

I tell u, I am living in ABAC BANGNA. its an area full of rich kids studying in ABAC university. Their speeding and tailgating and lack of regards for any safety here leads me to think that its not only the poor n uneducated that can't observe good traffic behaviour. Its really mostly all across the country and any class of the population.