How does/can it work ?

Well if that is what is spoken in Ayutthaya then thats what it is then, why is this significant ?

It's because the usual blowhards like to put white guys down for not learning their partners language.

And they don't even know most Thais don't speak 'Thai' as a first language.

Or didn't you notice the three posters trying to put you down for not learning Thai?

Edited by BritManToo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The man in question has already taken steps to over come the communication problem. He has obtained a Sleeping Dictionary, he just needs to use it a little more.

Really I don't think it is such a big problem, my wife speaks English quite well now after so many year together, but doesn't seem to care much about what I have to say.

Well if that is what is spoken in Ayutthaya then thats what it is then, why is this significant ?

It's because the usual blowhards like to put white guys down for not learning their partners language.

And they don't even know most Thais don't speak 'Thai' as a first language.

Or didn't you notice the three posters trying to put you down for not learning Thai?

Why would I care about someone trying to put me down for my Thai language skills ?

I know more than enough to get by with on a daily basis. Although when meetings at work get heated and multiple people start speaking quickly all at the same time I struggle a bit to keep up.

when I met my missus 8 years ago she could speak zero English and I could speak zero Thai somehow we made it work and here we are now happily married and she can now speak fluent English.

That is exactly the same situation as me, we met ten years ago.

This seems as below the bar English i know of. I had alot of problems with my ex that new the phrases learnt at a bar. But i get crazy when i cant communicate or she doesnt understand when you try to explain something. I guess hes happy with it and so am i :)

Easy...very good...he doesn't understand a word she is saying ... and she doesn't understand a word he is saying.

This should be compulsory for all marriages.

In Thailand, we have something similar in place already: A Thai Lady wanting to escape a confrontational situation (especially with a Farang Hubby), goes on a "Talk-Strike". No talk to Hubby for 1 or 2 weeks.

After this time, they may both have forgotten what the dispute was about, or

Hubby has turned into a nervous wreck in the meantime and doesn't want to remember what it was all about. (This strategy seems to work especially well, if a Farang Hubby is involved).

Thai Hubbies are less patient. Before they turn into nervous wrecks, they take effective counter-measures, when they feel "enough is enough".

Cheers.

I find Thai girls that cannot speak english very much, can text or write english quite well. They can read it, and understand, but not hear it and understand....when i first met my wife, she spoke minimal english, but could have a full conversation by reading and writing. Now she speaks english more clearly than me, wiv my Dorset accent.