NCPO grants police powers to military

webfact

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naive and surprising from you I must say

I'm surprised that it is surprising. I've been flame-grilled on this site for being a Junta Fangirl for several years, just for basically recognising that action must be taken to prevent macro corruption on all levels of society, and for not wanting to see more crime-related misery in the lives of normal honest working people.

The other point about army being used to break-up organised crime and corrupted positions in society, is two main points.

One, local police have to live in the same community, and they may be working under positions that have been compromised. So it may be hard to even engage in operations against influential local villains, if those villains have compromised certain positions in the force. On this same point, police in the area should rightly fear repercussions against themselves or their families, if they are identified as being involved in busting corrupt underworld figures, who have tentacles everywhere.

Secondly, and connected to the first point, is that army can be drafted in from other regions, they remain anonymous to the local crooks who may have compromised positions in the local force. Police can not really be moved from other regions, as that would leave their home regions vulnerable to higher crime rates. But a national army is by its nature national and can be relocated for purposes of anonymity, in situations where corruption and intimidation has spread deeply into a local community.

There is no actual way to convey the damage that corruption and crime does to a nation, how it saps the wealth from the nation, or the fear that normal working people have to live in, when there are compromised and corrupted authority positions in their community. So you have to weigh those terrible problems, alongside a military component in response to the problems.

That is a good post and would be a very valid point in maybe another country...

They take police power to clear the mafioso with "dark connections"?

In the country were I live, all the rich and influential have connections, that is how they are influential...

As said in a movie: "who is going to control the ones in control"

So who is to decide, of all the people with connections, who is "dark" and who is not??

Sounds to me like the witch hunt has stepped up one pace.. w00t.gif

I would be very glad if they could show 100% that they are "angels from heaven" but what we saw in the last two years has definitely not convinced me yet...

And in today's article of the BP, it is stated that the "mafioso" are actually environmentalist activist that opposed government-military projects that have been pushed through without consulting the communities and without any environmental impact assessment....

I should have bet some money on my post from few days ago..

naive and surprising from you I must say

I'm surprised that it is surprising. I've been flame-grilled on this site for being a Junta Fangirl for several years, just for basically recognising that action must be taken to prevent macro corruption on all levels of society, and for not wanting to see more crime-related misery in the lives of normal honest working people.

The other point about army being used to break-up organised crime and corrupted positions in society, is two main points.

One, local police have to live in the same community, and they may be working under positions that have been compromised. So it may be hard to even engage in operations against influential local villains, if those villains have compromised certain positions in the force. On this same point, police in the area should rightly fear repercussions against themselves or their families, if they are identified as being involved in busting corrupt underworld figures, who have tentacles everywhere.

Secondly, and connected to the first point, is that army can be drafted in from other regions, they remain anonymous to the local crooks who may have compromised positions in the local force. Police can not really be moved from other regions, as that would leave their home regions vulnerable to higher crime rates. But a national army is by its nature national and can be relocated for purposes of anonymity, in situations where corruption and intimidation has spread deeply into a local community.

There is no actual way to convey the damage that corruption and crime does to a nation, how it saps the wealth from the nation, or the fear that normal working people have to live in, when there are compromised and corrupted authority positions in their community. So you have to weigh those terrible problems, alongside a military component in response to the problems.

That is a good post and would be a very valid point in maybe another country...

They take police power to clear the mafioso with "dark connections"?

In the country were I live, all the rich and influential have connections, that is how they are influential...

As said in a movie: "who is going to control the ones in control"

So who is to decide, of all the people with connections, who is "dark" and who is not??

Sounds to me like the witch hunt has stepped up one pace.. w00t.gif

I would be very glad if they could show 100% that they are "angels from heaven" but what we saw in the last two years has definitely not convinced me yet...

And in today's article of the BP, it is stated that the "mafioso" are actually environmentalist activist that opposed government-military projects that have been pushed through without consulting the communities and without any environmental impact assessment....

I should have bet some money on my post from few days ago..

Wow

And yet some blind sheep here still think they are some sort of saviors.

They are bullies in khakis and accountable to no one.