Getting Registered married

iamjack

Hi, me and my wife decided to register marriage.

Here's my situation:

i would like to find a job in Thailand. But for me to do that i cannot depend on a tourist visa so we're going to register for marriage and then apply for Non-O

I don't have 400,000 Baht so i think i will only be able to get Single Entry Non-O

What i wanna ask is how much will the whole process cost. and what document will i need from my embassy in my case Singapore Embassy.

Thanks

If anyone Singapore National have experience applying Non-O Please share with me.

Once you are married you get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet with no financial proof that will allow unlimited 90 entries for a year.

Moving to the marriage and divorce forum for the remainder of your questions.

Marry for love, don't marry for a visa.

Thanks, I do understand many people get married for Visa. As for me Getting married is a sooner or later thing. We are trying to make the best decision for our current situation.

Hi jack, to get married in thailand. U need an the embassy of sg to issue u an affidavit. To get the affidavit, u need to get your single marital status from ROM. U need a letter from work permit department from MOM for your spouse to be stating that she has no work permit or previous work in sg b4. Lastly u need A certificate of clearance from CID cantonment complex stating you have no criminal record or any case barring u from leaving sg. Cost of letter from ROM should be 30SGD. Letter from MOM is free, send in email to them n they will send a letter to u. Cost of COC is 55 SGD. give yourself at least 2 weeks in singapore to get all these documents n then come back to SG embassy in BKK with all certified true copies n u will be issued with the affidavit. After which u need to get the affidavit translated at the consular affairs office in chaeng wattana to get your affidavit translated to thai n endorsed b4 u can register your marriage. Dont worry about the 400,000 baht for now. U will need some time to get the documents ready, while u r getting it ready. Work n save up. I just had my marriage registered last wednesday n i went thru all the above mentioned. I m a sgrean like u as well. I m glad to help n guide u thru all the steps.

Marry for love, don't marry for a visa.

Love and hate are very close. Which might be THE reason why "Marriage and Divorce" is one topic here?

I'm thinking of buying a "Luk Thep" and once she's old enough, I'll marry her. What documents do I need? facepalm.gif