Yingluck at sixth court hearing of rice-pledging scheme

webfact

Yingluck at sixth court hearing of rice-pledging scheme

410_Yingluck-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra arrived today at the Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Political Office Holders in the sixth hearing of the case relevant to her controversial rice pledging scheme.

Ms Yingluck arrived shortly before 9 am, accompanied with her team of lawyers.

A hundred supporters, mostly dressed in red colour, were on hand to welcome her and give her roses.

They shouted “Yingluck Soo Soo” and “Yingluck, we love you” amid the watchful eyes of over a hundred policemen and undercovered security men.

The former prime minister declined comment when she was asked about the draft constitution referendum.

She was charged by the National Anti Corruption Commission for dereliction of duties that resulted in over 500 billion baht damages to the state.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/157858

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-01

No worries, "The Puppeteer from Dubai" will be frantically pulling strings & swanning around the globe in his private jet, stirring up more media frenzy! ! !

Don't understand, why he has't been detained & extradited from the numerous European countries visited together w/ US ? ? ? ?

The US is always telling Thailand how to run it's affairs, so would have thought easy enough to extradite "the Puppeteer"! !.......... Cement relationships.

What is the point of this dog and pony show? Yingluck will never go to jail, and I'm sure all the money that she and her cronies made is now safely offshore..coffee1.gif

As much as I would like to see the opposite, I'm afraid you're spot on.

What is the point of this dog and pony show? Yingluck will never go to jail, and I'm sure all the money that she and her cronies made is now safely offshore..coffee1.gif

Of course she won't. Just like all the other rich hiso billionaires. All about face, power, and being the one controlling the trough and who gets which turn when.

Shes one of her brother's pawns as he battles rivals for control. But notice none of the real top echelon ever go to jail, disappear or get murdered. Doesn't matter which side they're on or what they've done. It's an unwritten rule that no one wants to break as they may need the same courtesy one day.

Only lackeys, minions and hired help get to go to jail, disappear or murdered. Never the real big fish to honchos.

Of course she won't. Just like all the other rich hiso billionaires. All about face, power, and being the one controlling the trough and who gets which turn when.

Shes one of her brother's pawns as he battles rivals for control. But notice none of the real top echelon ever go to jail, disappear or get murdered. Doesn't matter which side they're on or what they've done. It's an unwritten rule that no one wants to break as they may need the same courtesy one day.

Only lackeys, minions and hired help get to go to jail, disappear or murdered. Never the real big fish to honchos.

...ad infinitum....

....she seems less and less worried every time around......

that's worrying

NO not to worry----"most of her supporters were dressed in red" ----well ONE old woman was anyway ----- scary people dressed in red eh?????? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I woul;d like to see her get a fair trial and hearing. But in a Country polarised as Thailand. Such a thing is wishful thinking. SE Asia is a den of corruption as deals always done behind closed doors. Yes She is a Puppet of her Brother. But do not make her the Scapegoat for what was a Government decision. Maybe it was a con or perhaps just a bunch of people thinking if the bought it at a high guaranteed price they could manipulate the market by Gerrymander to hike up the world price and profiteer. The result disaster and a collapsed position for the Thai Growers and loss of #1 rice producer position. I despise corruption as much as the next person but in this case Let them without Sin cast the first stone

She is so proud of herself, "She was charged by the National Anti Corruption Commission for dereliction of duties that resulted in over 500 billion baht damages to the state". How many schools could have been built with this money? 18 farmers committed suicide because of her negligence. No remorse at all...

She is so proud of herself, "She was charged by the National Anti Corruption Commission for dereliction of duties that resulted in over 500 billion baht damages to the state". How many schools could have been built with this money? 18 farmers committed suicide because of her negligence. No remorse at all...

She can't show any remorse as that would loose face and also make her brother, the "genius" behind the scheme loose face. And there's no way he would ever allow that.

Better to lie and twist a way out even if it means spending serious money on PR and large legal teams.

I seriously doubt she actually has any remorse other than she couldn't get her brother back with all his court cases and conviction annulled and protection against future cases arising. And perhaps all this inconvenience - making her actually appear and answer questions possibly at some point.

As for those 18 or whatever, probably couldn't give a toss.

What a pathetic life it must be as a little general junta groupie and opponent of free elections, pretending that you are one of the oppressive Thai elite.

Not nearly as pathetic as being a Shin groupie and believing their PR nonsense that portrays them as being champions of the poor and defenders of democracy.

They were in it for themselves and will never change as they are part of the Thai elite. Just one faction trying to shove their noses to the front of the trough.

Or do you seriously think a political party owned, managed and controlled by a criminal is actually likely to make real changes for those they've exploited for so long?

The only crime she commited, is not being born yellow.

coffee1.gif

Perhaps the current 'manager' could come out and publically declare where his $4m in cash came from, as opposed to getting indignant at the sole reporter who dared to ask him about it once.

What a pathetic life it must be as a little general junta groupie and opponent of free elections, pretending that you are one of the oppressive Thai elite.

Not nearly as pathetic as being a Shin groupie and believing their PR nonsense that portrays them as being champions of the poor and defenders of democracy.

They were in it for themselves and will never change as they are part of the Thai elite. Just one faction trying to shove their noses to the front of the trough.

Or do you seriously think a political party owned, managed and controlled by a criminal is actually likely to make real changes for those they've exploited for so long?

The electorate should decide that matter as quickly as possible. Give all political factions equal airtime and equal protection to state their case and let's see what happens from there. The answer isn't that the military should 'reluctantly' step in time and time again to enforce what they demand is what is best for the people. And then start shooting them should they dare to vocally disagree.

No, dirty politics combined with a free access to information for the (wo)man in the street has to be a far better answer to this political crisis as far as I am concerned.

To experience remorse, one needs to have a conscience, and that item is not on the list of 'to do' things in 99% of rich families. Neither is questioning the relevance (and/or consequences) of their decisions, the legitimacy of their wealth, the validity of their social position. And i'm talking about rich people around the world, not just here.

They all have a massive ego, yes, and that is what constitutes the center of their being, their concerns, and their interests.

The electorate should decide that matter as quickly as possible. Give all political factions equal airtime and equal protection to state their case and let's see what happens from there. The answer isn't that the military should 'reluctantly' step in time and time again to enforce what they demand is what is best for the people. And then start shooting them should they dare to vocally disagree.

No, dirty politics combined with a free access to information for the (wo)man in the street has to be a far better answer to this political crisis as far as I am concerned.

Sir, you need to read The Assault on Reason by Al Gore (Penguin - 2007), in which he explains clearly, and in great detail, how he discovered that there was no such thing as 'equal' and 'fair' chances for candidates, and that money was what made all the difference. It wasn't a brand new observation, of course, but the fact that he said it after being vice-president and a presidential candidate gives the notion a whole new weight.

The power of manipulation by the media is beyond our creepiest dreams, and when that occurs in a world where individual intelligence is discouraged in every possible way, then we better brace ourselves for Orwell's worst nightmare, because it has already started.

''The electorate' is not an abstract and pure notion. It is an aggregate of real people. The validity of their vote relies on their political awareness and maturity, and their ability to grasp the democratic system. Don't read me wrong, I do not think that the majority of Thais are idiots, especially the peasants. I have great respect for peasants, as that is precisely where I come from, so I'm well aware of how intelligent, witty and wise they can be. But their set of values, references and ideas is simply not cut out to encompass the rules of democracy. I'm not saying it can't happen, because it can and it did in the West, where farmers until the second Word War were pretty much like Thai farmers nowadays.

The process took time, and if time is not factored in, trying to force democracy down peoples throats in Thailand, Indonesia, China and pretty much all of Asia or Africa, will be like planting salads in the desert, and claiming that they can and must grow, simply because the seed is of such high quality.

"15 all...New balls please"

Archived