best car rental from bkk airport - to drop off at a different location in thailand

dirtycash

i will rent a car from bkk airport and either head somewhere in thailand. are there any car rental places that let me drop off at a different location than svbmi airport. i have red reviews about airport rental shops where the drop off point was very difficult to find to leave car back i dont want this hassle. my flight home is a late night flight so i dont need the hassle of no counter staff being on or whatever at night and having issues leaving it back.

just want a cheap small car for a week or 2 then drop back elsewhere wherever i am or worst case central bkk and not airport , just an easy no drama drop off.

cheers

DC

i would also like the option to drop it back earlier or if i want to take it anextra few days then just call up or go online and book it more.

you want it too many ways. the rental car industry is pretty rigid. i don't think you will get what you desire.

I have used Budget rent-a-car. They delivered the car to my condo in Bangkok and I drove to Phuket. I used the car (Toyota Avaris) for a week. They picked up the car at my new apt. in Phuket. It cost me 10,000 Baht. I was quiet happy with the service.

I have used Fast Car Hire https://www.fastcarhire.co.uk/thailand_car_hire.asp?ul= several times from Bangkok and other locations around Thailand and also in Australia. After you put in your requirements they provide quotes from several companies on the one page. With some of the Thai rental companies they use a pickup/dropoff service and zero insurance excess option is available.

Online booking and credit card payment is easy and the quote they gives shows all the details you need to know about insurance etc.

I have always been very satisfied with their service.

Rent it here & leave it there is generally not a problem with the larger co's, though you will pay a fee for the convenience.

I once rented a Toyota Tiger pickup (yep, that long ago) from Budget at the airport and after driving all around Isaan for a week, left it at their office in Pattaya.

I've done some more research - often you have to hire for 3 days or more to avoid a specific charge for the different drop-off, which is fine.

One more vote for Budget. I've been renting from them for years. They offer Toyota pick-up trucks for about 900B/day (this price only if booked online) if one wants to drive such a car. Lately the ones I've got were the 4-door models. Reliable service. As far as I can recall there's no extra charge for drop-off elsewhere.

The online car rental brokerages mentioned are all good and Budget, Avis and Thai Rentacar have all provided good service when booked via the brokerages. However, if the OP wants to have some flexibility on the actual drop off date, that works best with a rental direct from the agency. Modifying an existing rental agreement set up through a brokerage usually requires at least 24 hours to action and get approved.

I needed a car at very short notice last weekend due to a family bereavement and found avis.com the fastest way to get an unsecured booking (no need for credit card at that point) as I booked it less than 16 hours before pickup at Suvarnabhumi. They had my booking on their system when I arrived. Their depot is off terminal (beside the bus station) but their minibus only takes 10 minutes to shuttle back and forth. They upgraded me to a nearly new Honda Accord hybrid which was a very enlightening and enjoyable experience. I needed to extend by a day and this was easily accommodated by a phone call. I highly recommended Avis.

The OP should note that cars will be disappearing fast in the lead up to the Songkran holidays so make sure the pickup and any extended drop off dates can be accommodated.

Archived