Obama warns about nuclear terrorism risk

rooster59

In other news the farmer warns about the risk of foxes in the henhouse after he himself has left the door wide open.

Scintillating right whinger wit ! At least the door wasn't left open for planes into buildings on U.S. soil.

Imaginative wingnut. It was left open for at least one would-be bomber who just happened to be too stupid to avoid setting his own underwear on fire. Detroit's still U.S. soil, isn't it? (PS - He was convicted in a federal court of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and the attempted murder of 289 people.)

And then there was Boston. And Ft. Hood. And San Bernardino. (There've actually been 90 Americans killed in 47 Islamic terrorist incidents - counting only incidents in which somebody was actually killed - in the U.S. since 9/11. Facts & figures here. So yeah, some more objective readers might say the door's still open... )

In other news the farmer warns about the risk of foxes in the henhouse after he himself has left the door wide open.

Scintillating right whinger wit ! At least the door wasn't left open for planes into buildings on U.S. soil.

Imaginative wingnut. It was left open for at least one would-be bomber who just happened to be too stupid to avoid setting his own underwear on fire. Detroit's still U.S. soil, isn't it? (PS - He was convicted in a federal court of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and the attempted murder of 289 people.)

And then there was Boston. And Ft. Hood. And San Bernardino. (There've actually been 90 Americans killed in 47 Islamic terrorist incidents - counting only incidents in which somebody was actually killed - in the U.S. since 9/11. Facts & figures here. So yeah, some more objective readers might say the door's still open... )

No country will ever be able to fully close the door for these types of threats. Impossible.

Those are domestic terrorists that with proper gun control laws might have been shut down.

But gun control is a nasty thought for the right whingers and ilk, I mean, 20,000+ people have signed a petition to be able to carry a weapon into the GOP Convention in Cleveland. Lets hope they have a nice shootup at the Cleveland O.K. Corral. Morons.

Nuclear proliferation and how to keep those weapons out of the hands of terrorists is the matter, Steely Dan insinuating Obama has "left the door open". Not sure where he gets that info. U.S. domestic terrorism and the ease of getting weapons doesn't exactly land on Obama's doorstep, lets leave that for the dummies that don't understand the full context of "the right to bear arms" in the Constitution.

Those are domestic terrorists that with proper gun control laws might have been shut down.

But gun control is a nasty thought for the right whingers and ilk, I mean, 20,000+ people have signed a petition to be able to carry a weapon into the GOP Convention in Cleveland. Lets hope they have a nice shootup at the Cleveland O.K. Corral. Morons.

Nuclear proliferation and how to keep those weapons out of the hands of terrorists is the matter, Steely Dan insinuating Obama has "left the door open". Not sure where he gets that info. U.S. domestic terrorism and the ease of getting weapons doesn't exactly land on Obama's doorstep, lets leave that for the dummies that don't understand the full context of "the right to bear arms" in the Constitution.

Oh, I see. So taking guns away from law-abiding citizens "closes the door" on terrorism, does it? How would gun-control, as gun-control morons see it, have stopped the underwear bomber. OR 9/11 for that matter?

I don't know of any "good guy" who's planning to put a dirty bomb in the center of a big city. Last nuclear bomb was a long time ago. Remember?

The last two were put by the USA, they put them in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Ummmm....they weren't dirty bombs and it wasn't nuclear terrorism. Bit of a difference between terrorism and defending your country. You do remember Japan attacked the US first, right???

Hawker9000 post #34

"Oh, I see. So taking guns away from law-abiding citizens "closes the door" on terrorism, does it? How would gun-control, as gun-control morons see it, have stopped the underwear bomber. OR 9/11 for that matter?"

You are confusing multiple issues.

A. OP is talking about nuclear proliferation

B. Steely Dan's post is about the door still being left open there

C. San Bernadino and Ft.Hood were guns, if you find the San Bernadino types as "law abiding citizens" up to you

D. 9/11 was not ever introduced into the matter until you brought it up, was not on Obama's watch, that was the dufus GW Bush

And yes, I think we could put a dent in domestic terrorism with better gun control laws, maybe those San Bernadino people would have been identified prior to the incident with a better vetting scenario whilst stockpiling weapons in the U.S.

Clear message from putin to a US president on his way out....youre out in 8 months, why should i waste my time with you?

Well played...he really is a great chess player.

No, Putin is not a great chess player, as he is often displayed.

His country is going broke. His people are unhappy and he has to implement restrictions of freedom of press and the freedom how his people are allowed to express themselves.

Putin should be displayed as a person, who is hugely selfish and as a person who don't really care a bit about the people who he should take care of and lead.

Putin is a mess. He have 'cleared out' the opposition for years. The danger of Russia is that there seem not to be any person, anymore alive, who could take over the reign from Putin, once he expires.

That's a real thread from the country, which holds huge amount of nuclear weapons.

The things you note above can also be true; Putin can be a great chess player and he has personal qualities that are deplorable. Conflating one for the other does not disprove JHomesJR point. His aims may be contrary to yours, or mine, but he has out-mastered the US/West on nearly every recent issue I can recall.

Every issue? Really? Freedom of press (non existent). Economic growth (negative). Weak institutions (133 out of 144 countries in the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index). Social cohesion (some reports show as many as 50% of professionals want to leave the country). Standard of living (well below Western standards). Inadequate health care (and serious health issues related to smoking, drinking, etc, and mortality rates for men have risen 60% since 1991, and are now 5 times that in Europe). Massive corruption in the government (the world bank say corruption eats just shy of 50% of GDP!!!)

Etc,etc, etc....Putin's doing a great job. whistling.gif

Hello Craig3365

Ok, I can look through your post above and then write "US/Obama, last 8 years: Freedom of the press ranking... etc weak economy...etc social cohesion..." etc Clearly I could have stated myself better. I suppose I meant that on some international issues that are important to me Putin has acted in a way for Russian interests that I only wish my country acted like for our own interests. Considering that the US has effectively ratcheted up a new cold war i find Putin's actions to be strategically smart.

In the end its relative. In my case I am vehemently anti-obama. I really do believe a typical man off the streets could do a better job. This superposition often informs my international perspectives.

Hello Craig3365

Ok, I can look through your post above and then write "US/Obama, last 8 years: Freedom of the press ranking... etc weak economy...etc social cohesion..." etc Clearly I could have stated myself better. I suppose I meant that on some international issues that are important to me Putin has acted in a way for Russian interests that I only wish my country acted like for our own interests. Considering that the US has effectively ratcheted up a new cold war i find Putin's actions to be strategically smart.

In the end its relative. In my case I am vehemently anti-obama. I really do believe a typical man off the streets could do a better job. This superposition often informs my international perspectives.

The US has a high freedom of press ranking. The economy is doing great. Average life spans are on the rise. High percentages of the elite are not looking to leave the country. Etc. Huge difference. Sure, Obama could have done better, but he's not in the league of Putin. And no way a man off the streets would have done better than Obama. Sorry, but a bit ridiculous to say that. With all due respect, that's going a bit far.

Putin is stoking the flames for a new world war. Invading the territory of sovereign countries is a good way to do that. Routine violations of international airspace by war planes is another. The list goes on.

P.S. I'm no fan of Obama either. But he's far from the worst president we've ever had. He got us through the 2nd worst depression in history. One he inherited.