Off the Show Floor, Auto Expo's Raunchy Sideshow Grinds On

rooster59

Off the Show Floor, Auto Expo's Raunchy Sideshow Grinds On

By Cole Pennington
Correspondent

post-247607-0-70755400-1459559025_thumb.

One of the many women dancing sexually for photographers in a parking lot behind the Bangkok International Motor Show on March 22. The parking lot display proves a consistent draw for visitors to the show.

BANGKOK — Days before Bangkok’s biggest motor show opened, Culture Minister Veera Rojpojanarat took the moral high ground with a public plea it convey more “Thainess,” meaning fewer scantily clad models acting as hood ornaments.
That didn’t stop the models called “pretties” from putting on a show.
Historically the Bangkok International Motor Show has been about the pretties as much the latest automotive debuts.
kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-02

I would say the parking lot bash is much closer to real Thainess than what the government is trying to invent.

This is living the dream for many Thais. Loud low quality music, alchohol and a sex charged atmosphere. Basically frat house standards, but embraced by people decades past college age. I am not making a judgement here, they get to choose their sanook.

but I don't think the government is going raise the countries level of sophistication, by imaging that there is a real Thailand just out of grasp, based on some Victorian ideal. You want the country to behave less like children, put some real effort into education and stop making it seem like Thailand has all the answers.

It just seems that the elitists in Thailand are totally out of touch with their own country, or they wish to shove their

non populist policies down the throats of everyone in country. If the young womens' bodies are covered and they

being suggestive without being vulgar, then it is time to give it a rest, and go solve Thailand's more important problems. It seems like all laws

in Thailand are susceptible to political whim of the elites. If car buyers did not like this,, the car show would do something else.

I would say the parking lot bash is much closer to real Thainess than what the government is trying to invent.

This is living the dream for many Thais. Loud low quality music, alchohol and a sex charged atmosphere. Basically frat house standards, but embraced by people decades past college age. I am not making a judgement here, they get to choose their sanook.

but I don't think the government is going raise the countries level of sophistication, by imaging that there is a real Thailand just out of grasp, based on some Victorian ideal. You want the country to behave less like children, put some real effort into education and stop making it seem like Thailand has all the answers.

The most succinct and accurate description ever. wai2.gif

Hardly packed though,is it,one women walking past.Photographers must be desperate if this the best they can do.Plain Jane on the back of an old ute.

All the Gov't stance does, is make the event more popular & newsworthy; media rock up to check & record what's happening.

Was there yesterday (Fri) & each of main exhibitors have a showtime, where the "pretty's" strut their schtuff & out front is a wall of photographers, media, pros & amateurs all wanting to get a great shot!

As said in another comment, if patrons didn't like the "pretty's" they likely would complain to organisers or not go!

This event is least of Gov't's worries & need to focus on main agenda.

Around X-mas they held a little fair behind big C Rama IV: every day a different group of go-go dancers, roulette, betting and card games in the open, while cops sitting on their motorbikes in front of it... nobody cared.

More Thainess? I am guessing that the good Cultural Minister has never attended any of the parties in Issan thrown by Thai families to celebrate a son becoming a monk. If they can scrape the money together, there is always blasting music and scantily clad young ladies bumping and grinding on the stage while the audience drinks the free beer and ogles.

This is living the dream for many Thais. Loud low quality music, alchohol and a sex charged atmosphere. Basically frat house standards, but embraced by people decades past college age.

Not for Thais only, I too have always wanted to live at the Animal House. This is what TAT should be promoting, get the high spending punters back.

Hardly packed though,is it,one women walking past.Photographers must be desperate if this the best they can do.Plain Jane on the back of an old ute.

wow, you can tell how many people were present in this huge area by one image. As for a plain jane...she looks quite nice to me, who are you dating kim kardashian?

The most succinct and accurate description ever. wai2.gif

I totally agree.It's great to see them rebelling though,maybe a sign of things to come?

Its just reverse PSY-OP guys...Thai's are incredibly smart - They know how to play to the gallery, the global politically correct structure that has its own values while Thai's promote their own culture in the parking lot :)

The west has failed to play the game..While Thailand knows how to bend rules and yet allow Thainess around.

Ask yourself...Why is parking lot bash allowed, which is far more raunchy than whats happening inside?

Its all part of the game...Which farangs have failed to do in their own country...They think Thai's will fall for it...I don't see it happening anytime soon.

More Thainess? I am guessing that the good Cultural Minister has never attended any of the parties in Issan thrown by Thai families to celebrate a son becoming a monk. If they can scrape the money together, there is always blasting music and scantily clad young ladies bumping and grinding on the stage while the audience drinks the free beer and ogles.

Yup and those girls can be of any age.

Personally, I don't see what the fuss is about. Thailand isn't the only country that does this but to be honest, I don't know why car manufacturers agree to it anyway. I once went to a similar show in England and I was looking at a particular car make that I've always admired but could never afford and I told the bikini lady that if she couldn't explain certain details of the car to me then go an wiggle some where else Ha!. Perhaps a poster here might enlighten me as to the history of this because I assume there is a good reason. Sometimes parading young ladies in 'evocative' clothing is to take one's gaze off a particular error etc. but I can't see car shows doing it for that reason. Suggestions anyone?

Can't anyone just have fun as long as the girls are not below the age of 18 their shouldn't be no concern, we mostly are all in the land of smiles because it is 1)a place where the women are beautiful from head to toe,2) they substantially know how to treat the man,3) somehow they always look great even when they're not trying to

Sincerely

2nd lieutenant

Kevin Matthew Wall

Just to add I've been married for 13 years now and have the most gorgeous looking little boys Alexander and Zachary Wall so in my opinion they are American/Thai citizen they have dual nationality which is quite favorable to me.

I believe their is alot wrong with this country, but no more than with my country United States of America look at my country if we aren't going after someone or something we aren't happy but that's my country and I'll stand up for it no matter what the cause is.

You know alot of products ask me how we can be so strong of a country well the secret is

We don't do it for ourselves we do it for the guy that is next to us and so on and so on

Just like dancing girls make the beer in gogo bars taste better, the cars look better with dancing girls. Same with Thai style concerts, singers at the front, dancers strutting behind with the band at the back.

. This isn't something to complain about, let's celebrate. It isn't like this in Muslim or the politically correct countries. God has blessed Thailand, that is for sure.

It just seems that the elitists in Thailand are totally out of touch with their own country, or they wish to shove their

non populist policies down the throats of everyone in country. If the young womens' bodies are covered and they

being suggestive without being vulgar, then it is time to give it a rest, and go solve Thailand's more important problems. It seems like all laws

in Thailand are susceptible to political whim of the elites. If car buyers did not like this,, the car show would do something else.

Conservatives in all countries belie the societal norms. To paraphrase an old song, people just want to have fun. Sex sells, and does so much better when associated with macho things such as vehicles and sports.

wow, you can tell how many people were present in this huge area by one image. As for a plain jane...she looks quite nice to me, who are you dating kim kardashian?

Jeez, I don't think Kim K's ass (not her donkey, the other ass) would fit through the gate to my little house!

Edited by TEFLKrabi

As per usual Canuck you sum it all up perfectly! Spot on dear!

Around X-mas they held a little fair behind big C Rama IV: every day a different group of go-go dancers, roulette, betting and card games in the open, while cops sitting on their motorbikes in front of it... nobody cared.

Hey at least they we're playing bridge.

Personally, I don't see what the fuss is about. Thailand isn't the only country that does this but to be honest, I don't know why car manufacturers agree to it anyway. I once went to a similar show in England and I was looking at a particular car make that I've always admired but could never afford and I told the bikini lady that if she couldn't explain certain details of the car to me then go an wiggle some where else Ha!. Perhaps a poster here might enlighten me as to the history of this because I assume there is a good reason. Sometimes parading young ladies in 'evocative' clothing is to take one's gaze off a particular error etc. but I can't see car shows doing it for that reason. Suggestions anyone?

Because most men are desperate and dumb?

This is living the dream for many Thais. Loud low quality music, alcohol and a sex-charged atmosphere. Basically frat house standards, but embraced by people decades past college age

. . . including more than a few on Thai Visa by the looks of it.