Four tourists hurt in knife fight with robbers on Patong Beach

snoop1130

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No robbery attempt?

I am sure we are getting less than half the story here.

People don't often get attacked with a knife at 4.30 am for no reason.

Russians and Aussies, most likely alcohol played a part in this.

More like drugs on the part of the Thai youths such as meth etc played a real part in this. The place is rotten with illicit drugs. Another bad memory for the visitors.

Should've gone to the Capetown, S. Africa or Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for some safe vacationing. tongue.png

Perhaps unwise to play in the water at 04:30 !

This type of incident can and does occur anywhere in the world.

It happens anywhere in the world? Really? Yes incidents do happen all over the world it is true but not incidents the same as this, they don't happen all over the world. You must come from a very strange country if this is the norm. I would refer to consider it an isolated incident that was fueled by other things e.g. drink, drugs etc

Happens more frequently and violently in South Africa, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico, etc.

It happens anywhere in the world? Really? Yes incidents do happen all over the world it is true but not incidents the same as this, they don't happen all over the world. You must come from a very strange country if this is the norm. I would refer to consider it an isolated incident that was fueled by other things e.g. drink, drugs etc

It happens in Australia. You must come from an absolutely fantastic country if this sort of thing NEVER occurs there

It happens in Australia. You must come from an absolutely fantastic country if this sort of thing NEVER occurs there

Savagery in the suburbs is epidemic in the UK. Manchester after 10 pm is dreadful as is most of London. So people stay at home in fear. Thailand is by far safer than the UK.

Savagery in the suburbs is epidemic in the UK. Manchester after 10 pm is dreadful as is most of London. So people stay at home in fear. Thailand is by far safer than the UK.

Why in the world would anyone compare holidaying in Thailand with holidaying in Manchester?? I don't really care about the crime rate in Manchester because I wouldn't dream of vacationing, much less retiring, there in the first place, would I? Does Manchester have a big tourist industry that depends on world opinion of their relative public safety?

'And didn't realize London, particularly the tourist areas, was that far gone ... Really? Lots of lady-boy attacks and drive-by chain/purse/??-snatchings and bouncer beatings and local-on-tourist knife fights there, esp. in the tourist areas, too? "Anywhere in the world"?? Silly me - I didn't even realize London HAD a beach!

Your literalism is reductive. Brighton UK has a beach as does Margate. Nobody, holiday makers or otherwise would be on their way to the beach, on the beach o be in the sea at such a time. Because everybody knows the streets of the UK are violent. Even the locals of such cities as London, Manchester Liverpool , Birmingham etc know how dangerous The UK is. My point is that Thailand is both perceived to be and is safe-much safer than the UK. I know you are trying to be smart but please don't - it doesn't work and you contribute nothing to the debate but querulousness.