Girlfriend friendly hotel close to Austrlaian Embassy / Trendy building Bkk.

Baht bus

Hi , i have to spend a few nights in Bangkok and visit the trendy building / Austrlalian embassy .

I realise this area of sukhumvit is full of girls / guys trying to pick up girls . I'm not interested in the girls and im not in the mood to be hassled whilst I'm with my Thai girlfriend .

Can someone recommended a hotel close to this area which is clean and around 1500-2000 baht per night .

Thanks .

You do know that the Australian embassy is in the Sathorn area, not in the Trendy building?

There is a hotel 50 metres from Trendy called the Miami Hotel, likely to be in your low budget (for that part of Sukhumvit) price range. Haven't stayed there so can't recommend it or otherwise.

There are other hotels in that soi (13), why not google it? Round the corner there is the Sofitel, Sheraton, Westin, and the Ruamchit Hotel between 13 and 15. In Soi 11 and 11/1 there are hotels probably in your price range.

No hotel will give you a problem if you are checking in with your girlfriend, why should they?

As for being girlfriend-friendly, I would assume that if you arrive and check-in together, that shouldn't be a problem anywhere, should it?

Exactly. In fact...I have stayed at over a hundred (really) hotels with my live-in gf. (Now my wife).

You should not even register. Stay in the car/nearby restaurant and let her book the room in her name. You would then just be the guest. She only needs the ID card and cash.

Very..very perplexing question.

I think, what you are fearing, is somebody who checks in alone...then goes out on the town ..and drags in the (well known and ever famous) neighborhood hook from the nearby club. This is not your case.

I don't like presenting my passport...and my wife (prior gf)...gets better prices. Sometimes farangs are paying more than the Thai's..

I thought this was so obvious....about letting your wife or girlfriend book, and pay for your room. I just grab the key and race upstairs. They do all the details. It's Thailand..and amazing.

Edited by slipperylobster

I recently stayed at the Pinnacle Lumpinee. Very nice hotel just around the corner from the Oz Embassy. <5 mins by taxi or 15 mins walk. It will be under your budget.

Although I travel alone I always ensure the room is booked for 2 people. Though I did notice they have a notice on the front desk about charging 500bht for guests not registered at the time of check in staying in the room after 11pm. The issue never arose, but I made it clear to them at the time of checking in that the room was booked for 2 people and if there did happen to be a guest, I wouldn't be paying their fee. Was then issued with 2 breakfast vouchers for each day of my stay ;-)

Edited by Lancashirelad

I should have written more clearly .

Iv been with my girlfriend 1 year and I don't go to red light areas , I certainly don't want to be in a hotel where guests are coming and going at all hours bringing back lady's . I have had to go into certain areas with lots of farang and they are rude towards my girlfriend , constantly starting and making rude comments or gestures to their friends or directed at my girlfriend.

I should have said , please help me find a hotel where there are no sleaze bags trying to eye off my girlfriend thinking she is prostitute .

Thsnkyou and good day .

And by th way Thsnkyou to the above who recommended hotels close to the Australian enabassy in Sathorn . I conducted my business , spent two nights and had a pleasant stay . There was no hassles from drunk farang a trying to pick up my girlfriend, no girls or LB's trying to offer me there services and I didn't have to stay in An area renowned for creatures of the night .

I guess I should have re worded my post as to girlfriend friendly area .

Sorry for the confusing and thanks to all who understood what I meant .