Public Shows Of Affection?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you're lying. You just need to a look a bit deeper and not through you own cultural perspective.

Now you are acting silly. My cultural perspective has nothing to do with what I witness with my own eyes in BKK..... Get real!

No probably didn't mean that the way it came out. Anyway you should come to one of my classroom discussions on the topic. It's usually one of the liveliest classes in the semester, especially if we can get some foreign students in to share their thoughts. I think you'd be a little bit surprised.

The promiscuous adventures of young Thai girls can be witnessed first hand on YouTube.

Often taken on their personal mobile phones.

In case your wandering how and why I am aware of this fact,that is because I have a number of Thai male friends who bombard my Facebook feed with links and comments on said videos.

The promiscuous adventures of young Thai girls can be witnessed first hand on YouTube.

In case your wandering how and why I am aware of this fact,that is because I have a number of Thai male friends who bombard my Facebook feed with links and comments on said videos.

But I don't think the issues of promiscuity and making out in public are directly related. I think the OP's point is about public displays and not whether Thai kids are doing it or not (which they obviously are!)

Edited by KhaoNiaw

But I don't think the issues of promiscuity and making out in public are directly related. I think the OP's point is about public displays and not whether Thai kids are doing it or not (which they obviously are!)

Sexual repression is linked to promiscuity though. When kids are taught that kissing in public is some horrible/unacceptable thing, it is highly unlikely they will be told how important condoms are, and will be more likely to do the things at a young age they are told not to. Look at Texas in the United States. Mainly abstinence only education, also frown upon public displays of affection, super religious...... Highest teen mom rate in the nation. Not a coincidence..... Edited by inbangkok

It's about time the country stood up and took heed,with a visible sex industry for both locals and foreigners how can someone kissing be such a problem.

Typical Thai way,rather than focus on the real issues,let's make an example out of people who commit no crime.

This is evident from the recent problems at the Bangkok motor show.

You see the problem is no ones making any coin from the odd foreigner kissing in a swimming pool so that's perceived to be wrong.

Shagging bar girls and visiting go go bars is fine though because that keeps the coffers full.

Thailand is the HUB of double standards.

END OF.

visible sex industry?

Not every one lives in Pattaya or the sex centers in the various cities. I have lived here 10 years and am well aware that they are here. But I do not see them.

Then again I don't make the bar scenes and the few I have been into do not have them.

I am well aware of the fact that they are here but you have to go looking for them.

Really you have to go looking for them.

So last week I went to the Trendy building on Sukhumvit soi 13 and took the Sky Train,my elderly mother and father were with me,we alighted at Nana.

My father was approached by numerous young woman offering their services,he incidentally didn't go looking for anything.

Could you explain how these young women mis interpreted an elderly western man accompanying his son on business at the UK passport office.

Sorry I forgot to mention the numerous Tuk Tuk drivers thrusting flyers in his and my face advertising full body massages with extras.

Believe me my father is far from a prude he is ex British merchant navy,but he was subjected to unwanted attention on numerous occasions.

Edited by stoneyboy

So your father wasn't looking for them, then?

Do you go looking for them with your beloved Farang missus in tow who does no wrong I ask ?

Do you not get unwanted attention ?

I'm sure I read one of your threads recently where you were bleating on about the Thai wives of expats giving you two a hard time no ?

Edited by stoneyboy

Not with my mother walking alongside him no.

Do you understand ?

Not really, no.

You started your post by saying "Really you have to go looking for them", then followed that statement up with an anecdote about how your father was harassed by sex workers when he wasn't looking for them at all.

Quite a contradictory post. What point was it that you were trying to make here?

Not with my mother walking alongside him no.

Do you understand ?

Not really, no.

You started your post by saying "Really you have to go looking for them", then followed that statement up with an anecdote about how your father was harassed by sex workers when he wasn't looking for them at all.

Quite a contradictory post. What point was it that you were trying to make here?

Have you read the thread,that was in response to the previous post whereby it was stated that when in various resorts and cities in the Kingdom of Thailand to find prostitutes and areas served by prostitutes you have to go looking for them.

You simply do not,one can be walking in numerous areas of Bangkok or other cities going about ones business and be in the aforementioned areas.

Do you disagree with that.

Edited by stoneyboy

Then why did you start your post by stating "Really you have to go looking for them"?

Sorry your Lord ship did I miss a coma or some other punctuation mark ?

BTW how does your missus deal with all the unwanted attention you receive from sex workers ?

Edited by stoneyboy

Then why did you start your post by stating "Really you have to go looking for them"?

Sorry your Lord ship did I miss a coma or some other punctuation mark ?

You stated what was apparently the exact opposite of what you wanted to say. A little more than missing a comma. Why would you do that?

I

Thais do not like that sort of behavior out in public, it`s bad etiquette in Thai culture.

Most Thais don't give a da_mn. They mind their own business.

I was staying in a rural village near Korat with an Issan princess I met in Pattaya, a while back.

She was sitting on my lap stroking my hair, Auntie came up to her and said, we don't behave like that in our village.

My princess snapped back, if you don't want your food and booze paid for, we can stay with another relative.

Suddenly the problem want away.

Well that shows shameful disrespect on two separate levels and just makes me want to puke that people like you and you bargirl think you can foist your behaviour on other people because you think you have the power to pay for it?

That is a very arrogant post.

You see someone asking for a bit of polite consideration and you see that as a 'problem'.... Thak about arrogant farangs, no wonder the masses of decent Thais are starting to dislike us.

"no wonder the masses of decent Thais are starting to dislike us."

Starting???? Not been here long?

Thais do not like that sort of behavior out in public, it`s bad etiquette in Thai culture.

What you say is something read in tourist guides in 1985 and keeps getting repeated and people think its true, young Thai's are like young people the world over, they hold hands, kiss and what ever in public yes even in rural Thailand

A farang doing it to his paid up ******** nobody gives a monkeys, they have seen it all here

Exactly!

All the OP actually witnessed was two individuals who originally met in 'seedy' Thailand which have travelled to another location in Thailand.

They need to get a room, there's a time and a place for everything......you don't see 'sipi' marching around the shopping centre wearing all his studded leather gear, because he saves that for the bedroom or his modified garage/BDSM Den.

What you say is something read in tourist guides in 1985 and keeps getting repeated and people think its true, young Thai's are like young people the world over, they hold hands, kiss and what ever in public yes even in rural Thailand

A farang doing it to his paid up ******** nobody gives a monkeys, they have seen it all here

The funniest part is, if only that farang realised how many 'pleasure craft' have parked inside that cavity that he was kissing he probably would never dream of putting his tongue in there.

Yuck !

The jokes on him & everyone there was instantly repulsed, he thought they admired his prowess but reality everyone is sniggering behind his back......what a Lo-so.

Exactly!

All the OP actually witnessed was two individuals who originally met in 'seedy' Thailand which have travelled to another location in Thailand.

They need to get a room, there's a time and a place for everything......you don't see 'sipi' marching around the shopping centre wearing all his studded leather gear, because he saves that for the bedroom or his modified garage/BDSM Den.

If Sipi wore leather in public some Thai would put a ring through his nose and tether him in a rice paddy.

It's about time the country stood up and took heed,with a visible sex industry for both locals and foreigners how can someone kissing be such a problem.

Typical Thai way,rather than focus on the real issues,let's make an example out of people who commit no crime.

You see the problem is no ones making any coin from the odd foreigner kissing in a swimming pool so that's perceived to be wrong.

Shagging bar girls and visiting go go bars is fine though because that keeps the coffers full.

END OF.

Nobody was making an example of these two, but they were definitely not happy about it.

I can not agree with your assessment. The very tiny minority who are raking it in with sexualisation gimmicks or outright prostitution are exactly that.... A tiny minority.

What about the 99.9% who are NOT raking in money from this and want to preserve their cultural attitudes??

You see.... You jumped straight onto the the defense of the foreigner and 'F*** the locals' attitude to boot.

There is a huge difference between the sex trade, massive car manufacturers and local people taking their children to the swimming pool.

I just asked my wife if we take out the farang and this were two Thai people, would it be any different, she said.... 'No same.... should not do that here'.

ask her why you shouldnt do it.

Most Thais don't give a da_mn. They mind their own business.

I was staying in a rural village near Korat with an Issan princess I met in Pattaya, a while back.

She was sitting on my lap stroking my hair, Auntie came up to her and said, we don't behave like that in our village.

My princess snapped back, if you don't want your food and booze paid for, we can stay with another relative.

Suddenly the problem want away.

Well that shows shameful disrespect on two separate levels and just makes me want to puke that people like you and you bargirl think you can foist your behaviour on other people because you think you have the power to pay for it?

That is a very arrogant post.

You see someone asking for a bit of polite consideration and you see that as a 'problem'.... Thak about arrogant farangs, no wonder the masses of decent Thais are starting to dislike us.

but it was probably ok for Auntie to send the girl out in the first place eh?

Bad etiquette anywhere besides the bedroom.

born in the wrong century try the 1800's or try the 1920's topless Thailand

END OF.

Nobody was making an example of these two, but they were definitely not happy about it.

I can not agree with your assessment. The very tiny minority who are raking it in with sexualisation gimmicks or outright prostitution are exactly that.... A tiny minority.

What about the 99.9% who are NOT raking in money from this and want to preserve their cultural attitudes??

You see.... You jumped straight onto the the defense of the foreigner and 'F*** the locals' attitude to boot.

There is a huge difference between the sex trade, massive car manufacturers and local people taking their children to the swimming pool.

I just asked my wife if we take out the farang and this were two Thai people, would it be any different, she said.... 'No same.... should not do that here'.

She won't have an answer.... Will say something about "Thai culture" or maybe just "because".

The funniest part is, if only that farang realised how many 'pleasure craft' have parked inside that cavity that he was kissing he probably would never dream of putting his tongue in there.

Nothing that can't be fixed with a good swig of mouthwash.

END OF.

She won't have an answer.... Will say something about "Thai culture" or maybe just "because".

exactly....no reason

Really you have to go looking for them.

So last week I went to the Trendy building on Sukhumvit soi 13 and took the Sky Train,my elderly mother and father were with me,we alighted at Nana.

My father was approached by numerous young woman offering their services,he incidentally didn't go looking for anything.

Could you explain how these young women mis interpreted an elderly western man accompanying his son on business at the UK passport office.

Sorry I forgot to mention the numerous Tuk Tuk drivers thrusting flyers in his and my face advertising full body massages with extras.

Believe me my father is far from a prude he is ex British merchant navy,but he was subjected to unwanted attention on numerous occasions.

Sorry I took it for granted you realized I don't live in Pattaya or the places in the cities where it is common in certain areas. I did not realize and am calling B S on you that all of Bangkok is the same. If it is as you say in Bangkok how many were waiting on the street your parents live on? As I said you have to go looking for them. Here in Chiang Mai we have what if you wiosh to call it a red light district yet it in no way resembles what you are talking about. To find that one would have to go looking and I doubt it is all over the street more an inside the bar thing. Possibly a quick out side the bar trip. Not my field of expertise.

I have been to Pattaya several times and seen it but once again I had to go looking for the districts. It was not a part of Pattaya I was visiting in.

exactly....no reason

Exactly no reason.

It is such an entwined part of the culture that they just except it with out examining it.

Do you examine every thing in your culture or just accept most of it. For instance you don't go walking down the main street in New York wearing nothing but a bathing suit.