Should have known better !

Hel123

I should have known better but I purchased an iPhone charger from the night market on Threpasit - Got home and put phone on charge - 15 minutes later I could smell burning, the charger was melting !!

From now on only Apple original chargers for me........

H.

The world isn't black and white, and neither are your choices when it comes to charging your IPhone.

There are many selections and price points between the 50 baht "night market specials" and the genuine Apple's that cost an arm and a leg- with some very reputable brands in the mix.

Edited by impulse

The world isn't black and white, and neither are your choices when it comes to charging your IPhone.

There are many selections and price points between the 50 baht "night market specials" and the genuine Apple's that cost an arm and a leg- with some very reputable brands in the mix.

So why should an Apple charger cost an arm and a leg, while a Samsung charger which does exactly the same thing costs peanuts.

You should replace the " reputable brands" in your post with " rip off brands"

So why should an Apple charger cost an arm and a leg, while a Samsung charger which does exactly the same thing costs peanuts.

You should replace the " reputable brands" in your post with " rip off brands"

That's one opinion.

But I'd gladly use an AmazonBasics or Belkin brand charger, or any one of a dozen other brands, many with nifty features that Apple doesn't even bother to add to their OEM chargers- because that's not where their money is made.

Apple even certifies 3rd party Lightning cables ( for a fee, of course).

When I first came here, I bought a cheap charger at the night market. Left a nice black mark on the wall when it blew up. Never again....

My point was actually that Apple chargers are as overpriced as their phones.

Apple has quality products. Though not cheap! Sometimes, you do get what you pay for. In my instance, that was for sure the case. 5555

When I first came here, I bought a cheap charger at the night market. Left a nice black mark on the wall when it blew up. Never again....

My point was actually that Apple chargers are as overpriced as their phones.

Apple has quality products. Though not cheap! Sometimes, you do get what you pay for. In my instance, that was for sure the case. 5555

My 2yr old Moto G is a quality phone for a 1/4 of the price of an iphone.