My Third Ni-b Visa In Penang? Or Not?

I have been in Thailand for 3 years and I have a WP and one year multiple entry NI-B visa AND permit to stay for one year at the time (90 days reporting). The one year visa expires 13 of November 2006. My permit to stay and WP ends 16 of November 2006.

My passport expires July 2007. But I will get a new one 22 November from my embassy.

Questions:

Will I get one year visa or only to the date my passport expires?

Will I get multiple entry?

Is Penang still a good place to get a new Multi-E NI-B visas (my third)??

How long time should I plan to stay to get my NI-B visa??

What NEW documents do I need to bring to the thai-consulate??

Any other suggestions???

Jimmy

I have been in Thailand for 3 years and I have a WP and one year multiple entry NI-B visa AND permit to stay for one year at the time (90 days reporting). The one year visa expires 13 of November 2006. My permit to stay and WP ends 16 of November 2006.

My passport expires July 2007. But I will get a new one 22 November from my embassy.

Questions:

Will I get one year visa or only to the date my passport expires?

Will I get multiple entry?

Is Penang still a good place to get a new Multi-E NI-B visas (my third)??

How long time should I plan to stay to get my NI-B visa??

What NEW documents do I need to bring to the thai-consulate??

Any other suggestions???

Jimmy

No one??? :D:o

A friend of mine just got back from KL with a 1 year non B multi entry.

As far as I know Penang is no longer issueing multi entry visa , full stop.

Why are you visa running, If you have a one year extention of stay you do not need to leave the country to renew it .

Latest stories from penang is that they do not issue anyone 1 year visa's anymore, only 90 days.......................

KL or Singapore do. I just got a 1 year non O from Singapore and Saw others there who got 1 year non B's as well. just phone up KL or Sing and talk to someone there, that will help you decide where to go.

It is really hard to figure out what is going on with you - and believe that is why we can not answer. Why are you looking to put a visa in your old passport if you are getting a new one a week later and why are you asking about multi entry one year visas when you have been on extensions of stay?

If you are out of a job how do you expect to obtain a non immigrant B visa of any type?

If you are not out of a job why would you want a one year visa - why not extend as you have been doing?

Why would you now have a multi entry non B and a one year extension of stay?

Not understanding but if you indeed have a multi entry non B valid until Nov 13 and you re-enter the country before that time without a re-entry permit you will receive a 90 day permitted to stay stamp which would give you time to get your new passport and then decide what to do.

A one year visa application requires a passport with 18 month validity.

and one year multiple entry NI-B visa AND permit to stay for one year at the time (90 days reporting).

That means you obtained a multi entry non immigrant B visa from a Consulate about 11 months ago? As only a Consulate can issue such a visa I have to assume so. But then you went to immigration with your work permit and other documents and obtained an extension of stay soon after your first entry?

If the above is the case then the information in my above post is right and you can exit and return for another 90 day stay by not using a re-entry permit and entering your "visa" information on your arrival card.

It is really hard to figure out what is going on with you - and believe that is why we can not answer. Why are you looking to put a visa in your old passport if you are getting a new one a week later and why are you asking about multi entry one year visas when you have been on extensions of stay?

If you are out of a job how do you expect to obtain a non immigrant B visa of any type?

If you are not out of a job why would you want a one year visa - why not extend as you have been doing?

Why would you now have a multi entry non B and a one year extension of stay?

Not understanding but if you indeed have a multi entry non B valid until Nov 13 and you re-enter the country before that time without a re-entry permit you will receive a 90 day permitted to stay stamp which would give you time to get your new passport and then decide what to do.

A one year visa application requires a passport with 18 month validity.

My secretary handles all my immigration issues earlier. But now she has disappeared. And no one else at my office does know how to solve this, thereof my post here.

In my passport is a stamp saying I have to leave the country 16 November 2006. But on my last (got it to day) “90-days-report-paper” is stamped 30 January 2007. Does that mean I can stay to that day??? I always do my 90 days reportings by messenger so I had not the opportunity to ask the immigration officer.

The visa run to get another 90 day was a good ide.....

Jimmy

Edited by inventorinthailand

The 90 day is an address report so the next is due in 90 days if you do not leave Thailand. It does not allow you to stay here. What is the 13 November expiration date you mentioned in first post - that is a critical piece of information. But unless you have traveled overseas about one year ago and visited a Consulate to obtain a visa do not believe you have a valid visa so my above posts are null and void.

Can you not visit immigration and obtain another extension of stay (which seems to be what you have), even if they can not give for the full year? Once you have that you can get your new passport and transfer the extension into it. You need to visit immigration yourself or have a legal service such as forum sponsor Sunbelt help you get paperwork in order for another extension of stay. From your posts I would highly advise having a legal service help you and it should be very cost effective compared with starting over (as it seems you were trying to do).

The 90 day is an address report so the next is due in 90 days if you do not leave Thailand. It does not allow you to stay here. What is the 13 November expiration date you mentioned in first post - that is a critical piece of information. But unless you have traveled overseas about one year ago and visited a Consulate to obtain a visa do not believe you have a valid visa so my above posts are null and void.

Can you not visit immigration and obtain another extension of stay (which seems to be what you have), even if they can not give for the full year? Once you have that you can get your new passport and transfer the extension into it. You need to visit immigration yourself or have a legal service such as forum sponsor Sunbelt help you get paperwork in order for another extension of stay. From your posts I would highly advise having a legal service help you and it should be very cost effective compared with starting over (as it seems you were trying to do).

It is only an address report. - Ok I understand.

So the best way is to apply for an extended permit to stay.

The second best is to do a in and out visa run before 13 of Nov 2006.

Have I understood you correct??

To clarify:

I did went overseas (Penang) to obtain my current ME-NI-B visa about 11 month ago. My second ME-NI-B.

When I went back to Thailand, I applied for one year permit to stay. They gave me 3 month at the time during some investigation. After 6 month I got what I wanted – permit to stay without leaving the country. And I got the 16 Nov 2006 stamp in my passport.

Jimmy

Im confused as well..................

Ok, forget all the other stamps in your passport, focus on the last stamp you got in your passport? where did you get it? was it an extension stamp from immigration? and on that stamp, it should also say what date you are "admitted untill"?

The admitted untill date tells you how long you are allowed to stay here, if you want to further extend your stay, you either have to go to immigration again before that date and try to extend it at immigration again, or leave the country and apply for a new visa. With your situation, you might not be able to get a non B, so maybe you need to deal with immigration first.

Maybe you could scan you passport page with this stamp so we can see and give you better advice.

As long as you still have employment the same as before you should be able to extend your stay as you did 8 months ago. This is the normal yearly procedure that all those on extension of stay undergo but as you have no idea what papers are needed (or probably where they are located) you either need a good new secretary with knowledge or other help. You can talk with immigration and I am sure they will have a list of what you need but it may be better to have outside help in this case I suspect.

As long as you still have employment the same as before you should be able to extend your stay as you did 8 months ago. This is the normal yearly procedure that all those on extension of stay undergo but as you have no idea what papers are needed (or probably where they are located) you either need a good new secretary with knowledge or other help. You can talk with immigration and I am sure they will have a list of what you need but it may be better to have outside help in this case I suspect.

Thanks all for your time. I have already asked one clerk to go to IMM tomorrow morning to sort things out. Yes i still have the same job - As long as i don't kick my self :o

Jimmy,

Hi guys and thanks for all your help.

It seems that I can get an extension to stay for another year without leaving the country to get a new B-visa.

But what happens IF i want to go abroad for let say a weekend holy day???

Jimmy

then you pay for a re-entry permit before leaving ..... can get a single re-entry or multiple

It seems that I can get an extension to stay for another year without leaving the country to get a new B-visa.

Jimmy

then you pay for a re-entry permit before leaving ..... can get a single re-entry or multiple

So easy...? Thanks...

Jimmy

So easy...? Thanks...

read up on it here ....

http://www.thaivisa.com/346.0.html