Trying To Read Brit Posts

Fookhaht

When I wright posts, I try and use words that every native English speaker will understand, no matter where they come from. In fairness, most of the phrases in the above article don't appear regularly in the threads on TV that I read. I do think it is interesting that you can take an educated guess where a poster comes from by the words and phrases they use when making a comment.

• Like 2

When I wright posts, I try and use words that every native English speaker will understand,

Right, write, wright, so many choices and you have chosen to shape your posts out of wood.

Can you wright a post like this?

post-205314-0-13699200-1459657087_thumb.

Edited by BritManToo

When I wright posts, I try and use words that every native English speaker will understand, no matter where they come from. In fairness, most of the phrases in the above article don't appear regularly in the threads on TV that I read....

I must be reading all the wrong threads--that send me searching for colloquial assistance...

post-108400-14596573773789_thumb.jpg

I challenge a non-Brit, non-Aussie, non-Kiwi to translate! :-D

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 2

When I wright posts, I try and use words that every native English speaker will understand, no matter where they come from. In fairness, most of the phrases in the above article don't appear regularly in the threads on TV that I read. I do think it is interesting that you can take an educated guess where a poster comes from by the words and phrases they use when making a comment.

When I write posts I try to use the correct spelling!

wright you are! wink.png

Wright brothers were right...

• Like 2

When I wright posts, I try and use words that every native English speaker will understand, no matter where they come from. In fairness, most of the phrases in the above article don't appear regularly in the threads on TV that I read....

I must be reading all the wrong threads--that send me searching for colloquial assistance...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459657376.715175.jpg

I challenge a non-Brit, non-Aussie, non-Kiwi to translate! :-D

I came across that term a few weeks ago. Had to ask the guy what the heck "dobbing" was! LOL Still not 100% sure....

When I write posts I try to use the correct spelling!

Sorrey, Knot all of us are perfict spellors....

• Like 1

post-108400-14596639592531_thumb.jpg

Yonks? YONKS??

Can someone bloody tell me what a "YONK" is?

It sent my autocorrect into fits. Kept trying to bring up "Yank" and "wank." Even smartphones rebel.

Edited by Fookhaht

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1459663957.619743.jpg

Yonks? YONKS??

Can someone bloody tell me what a yonk is?

It sent my autocorrect into fits. Even smartphones rebel.

Ages. A long time. Yonks.
Great to see an interpreter manning the keyboard today. Haven't had this pleasure in yonks. Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 2

We must re-write history. It were English speaking folks that tried to build the Tower of Babylon. With their 777 different dialects, of course they could not understand each other, therefore the Tower of Babylon was never completed.

Thank god, as opposed to Babylon, in Pattaya you get by with very limited language skills. "F*cky F*cky and "tau rai" (how much), will get you through the day / night easily.

Cheers.

Blimey! would yew bloody translate what in'er English?

Kannscht du Pennsilfaanisch Deitsch schwetzer? facepalm.gif

Wow what a few words I am German I never heard of them

It's Luxembourgish, according to Google....

thanks Google....coffee1.giffacepalm.gif

post-12676-0-57382200-1459684613_thumb.p

Blimey! would yew bloody translate what in'er English?

Kannscht du Pennsilfaanisch Deitsch schwetzer? facepalm.gif

Wow what a few words I am German I never heard of them

because Pennsylvania isn't one of the federal German states and we don't have many Amish people in Germany.