Tensions rise between rival candidates in the US presidential race

rooster59

Tensions rise between rival candidates in the US presidential race

post-247607-0-23546100-1459669080_thumb.

Tension between the US presidential candidates is rising ahead of more key primary elections, as they struggle to define their campaigns amid Donald Trump’s domination of the headlines.

In a new row, Hillary Clinton’s Democratic challenger has accused her of relying heavily on fossil fuel lobbyists.

Bernie Sanders told a rally: “According to an analysis done by Greenpeace, Hillary Clinton’s campaign and her Super PAC have received more than 4.5 million dollars from the fossil fuel industry.

Clinton angrily hit out at Sanders, saying she was sick of his “lies”.

But at the same time she has also had to tackle questions of security being ramped up by Trump and his main rival Ted Cruz.

Clinton said: “They don’t understand that I’ve got a plan to defeat ISIS and it requires actually working with other nations, including Muslim nations that have to be part of our coalition.”

And another of Trump’s more controversial promises, the expulsion of millions of undocumented immigrants, is still a big talking point for his rivals.

John Kasich said: “If you think we’re going to do well by saying that we’re going to drive the police around in neighbourhoods, yanking people out of their homes and shipping them across the border to the tune of 11 and a half million, could you imagine the disruption in this country?”

Protests continue over recent Trump remarks.

He managed to bring abortion into the campaign, provoking anger after saying that women should be “punished” in some way if they have abortions.

Now though, after much public outcry, he says he would not change the current laws on the issue.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-03

Wondering if this is general knowledge in the Sanders' camp.

I do not vouch for the veracity of this, considering the date of publication and the author.

If true, it should rankle all you Bernie Bern-outs. Personally I find it humorous and so Clinton-like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

APRIL 1, 2016
How Hillary Clinton Bought the Loyalty of 33 State Democratic Parties
by MARGOT KIDDER
Collusion between the Clinton campaign and the DNC allowed Hillary Clinton to buy the loyalty of 33 state Democratic parties last summer. Montana was one of those states. It sold itself for $64,100.
The Super Delegates now defying democracy with their insistent refusal to change their votes to Sanders in spite of a handful of overwhelming Clinton primary losses in their own states, were arguably part of that deal.

Yes Hillary got a little emotional when a Greenpeace representative asked her about donations from the Fossil Fuel industry to her campaign. She seemed to lose it a little and said she was sick of the lies from the Sanders campaign. Had really nothing to do with Bernie. It was all done by Greenpeace investigations.

Turns out she has received about $1.3M in direct donations from the Fossil Fuel Industry and a further $3.1M from Fossil Fuel Industry via her Superpac.

Bernie does not accept any money from the Fossil Fuel Industry. He is currently sorting out donations made by private citizens that work in the Fossil Fuel industry with a view to return those donations. Around $50K

I think we should shut the whole fossil fuel industry down for good. Who needs cars or scooters or planes or trains or trucks or warm homes, anyway? When we are back in our caves we'll pollute by burning wood on our fires which is soooo much more PC.

Sanders should stop pointing his finger. It's rude.

Just proves he's an over the hill old git. When he was a 30something it was as acceptable to pint as it was to use the N word to WASP Yanks. - That's certainly not an endorsement of Hillary by the way. She does like to point in conjunction with that sickly OTT smile of hers.

As an outsider, I don't see a credible candidate in any of them D or R and I don't see any of them doing better than Obama.

Yes Hillary got a little emotional when a Greenpeace representative asked her about donations from the Fossil Fuel industry to her campaign. She seemed to lose it a little and said she was sick of the lies from the Sanders campaign. Had really nothing to do with Bernie. It was all done by Greenpeace investigations.

Turns out she has received about $1.3M in direct donations from the Fossil Fuel Industry and a further $3.1M from Fossil Fuel Industry via her Superpac.

Bernie does not accept any money from the Fossil Fuel Industry. He is currently sorting out donations made by private citizens that work in the Fossil Fuel industry with a view to return those donations. Around $50K

Vote for Bernie.......

I think we should shut the whole fossil fuel industry down for good. Who needs cars or scooters or planes or trains or trucks or warm homes, anyway? When we are back in our caves we'll pollute by burning wood on our fires which is soooo much more PC.

I don't see what any of that has to do with politicians accepting campaign funding from Fossil Fuel polluters. The point being made is if politicians accept millions of dollars in 'donations / bribes' from companies that profit from Fossil Fuels they expect something in return for that 'donation / bribe'. Effectively buying off politicians to act in the best interests of Corporate profits rather than what is in the best interest of the People and the environment.

Why is Hillary getting pissed off because people reveal where her funding is coming from? The reason is people are sick to death of politicians being bought and sold. People want to vote for a politician that hasn't been bribed or paid off.

The fact is if people continue to allow politicians to be bribed and make bad decisions then that is where a very few amount of humans will end up. Living in a cave somewhere.

I do not vouch for the veracity of this, considering the date of publication and the author.

If true, it should rankle all you Bernie Bern-outs. Personally I find it humorous and so Clinton-like.

APRIL 1, 2016
by MARGOT KIDDER
Collusion between the Clinton campaign and the DNC allowed Hillary Clinton to buy the loyalty of 33 state Democratic parties last summer. Montana was one of those states. It sold itself for $64,100.
The Super Delegates now defying democracy with their insistent refusal to change their votes to Sanders in spite of a handful of overwhelming Clinton primary losses in their own states, were arguably part of that deal.

Yes, it is common knowledge. I think that's what RICO statutes are for.

APRIL 1, 2016
by MARGOT KIDDER
"I do not vouch for the veracity of this, considering the date of publication and the author." Then why even post this trash? This isn't the Fox News forum, we can tell it's nonsense.
You don't even believe it yourself..."so Clinton like." That's a perfect introduction to this crap.

You should try a link to a real journalistic source occasionally. Keep people off-balance instead of us always assuming it's just more bullshit.

The Democratic candidates are sparring. That's what normally happens in contested primaries. The Republican party is a flaming trainwreck that continues to barrel down the steep grade into the side of a mountain. The Democrats will be stronger as they work out their policy stances. The Republican party will end up this election cycle nothing but a heaping pile of smoking ash. The end of the Republican party...and oh, so deserved.

Edited by Pinot

How on earth can these people be the best on offer in the U.S to run the country? To paraphrase a soccer teams supporters in the UK

"Proud past..... No future". This particular team are about to be relegated to a lower division and you get the feeling that the United States are on the same track.

APRIL 1, 2016
by MARGOT KIDDER
"I do not vouch for the veracity of this, considering the date of publication and the author." Then why even post this trash? This isn't the Fox News forum, we can tell it's nonsense.
You don't even believe it yourself..."so Clinton like." That's a perfect introduction to this crap.

You should try a link to a real journalistic source occasionally. Keep people off-balance instead of us always assuming it's just more bullshit.

The Democratic candidates are sparring. That's what normally happens in contested primaries. The Republican party is a flaming trainwreck that continues to barrel down the steep grade into the side of a mountain. The Democrats will be stronger as they work out their policy stances. The Republican party will end up this election cycle nothing but a heaping pile of smoking ash. The end of the Republican party...and oh, so deserved.

Tell you what...

When you are promoted to moderator you can tell me what to post.

Until then kindly let your keyboard rest about what I can do or not do and drink another beer.