Porsche exonerated in Paul Walker, Roger Rodas crash

webfact

Driving too fast killed him.....

He was driving the car......the car was not driving him.....

He was not driving the car.

No he wasn't driving it, nor was his mate, the thing was out of control, clearly they lacked the skills to drive it effectively.

What a misguided law suit, clearly it's the person who planted the tree the car collided with was at fault. Fancy planting a tree.

Re-file law suit and try again . Doh !

For that particular model of car Porsche strongly advise that the owner is taught how to handle it on the Porsche test track. He didnt bother and got killed

Roger Rodas who was driving the vehicle raced a Porsche GT3 in the Pirelli Driver's Cup, he won twice in 2012.

I doubt a few laps at the Porsche test centre would have prevented this accident.

Ok, so this what went down:

This car is notorious for losing grip on bumpy tracks because it was built for a race series. Due to some changes of rules for this series the car wasn't legal for that series. Since Porsche didn't want to throw away the money they put into developing the car they made it road legal. Porsche's stability program couldn't handle the vibrations so it wasn't installed. Instead they issued a statement saying no one should drive this car without having participated in Porsche's driving program which they've created specifically for the GT. Rodas was familiar with this car.

The accident was caused by excessive speed and the fact that there's reflectors set into the road the accident happened on. These reflectors are not level with the road surface. When Rodas entered the turn he drove over one of these reflectors with the left rear wheel, lost traction and the car spun out of control.

Finally, if anyone should've sued anyone then the Walker family the Rodas estate! The fact that she tried to get some money out of Porsche is pathetic!

Driving too fast killed him.....

He was driving the car......the car was not driving him.....

He was not driving the car.

No he wasn't driving it, nor was his mate, the thing was out of control, clearly they lacked the skills to drive it effectively.

What a misguided law suit, clearly it's the person who planted the tree the car collided with was at fault. Fancy planting a tree.

Re-file law suit and try again . Doh !

For that particular model of car Porsche strongly advise that the owner is taught how to handle it on the Porsche test track. He didnt bother and got killed

Roger Rodas who was driving the vehicle raced a Porsche GT3 in the Pirelli Driver's Cup, he won twice in 2012.

I doubt a few laps at the Porsche test centre would have prevented this accident.

Ok, so this what went down:

This car is notorious for losing grip on bumpy tracks because it was built for a race series. Due to some changes of rules for this series the car wasn't legal for that series. Since Porsche didn't want to throw away the money they put into developing the car they made it road legal. Porsche's stability program couldn't handle the vibrations so it wasn't installed. Instead they issued a statement saying no one should drive this car without having participated in Porsche's driving program which they've created specifically for the GT. Rodas was familiar with this car.

The accident was caused by excessive speed and the fact that there's reflectors set into the road the accident happened on. These reflectors are not level with the road surface. When Rodas entered the turn he drove over one of these reflectors with the left rear wheel, lost traction and the car spun out of control.

Finally, if anyone should've sued anyone then the Walker family the Rodas estate! The fact that she tried to get some money out of Porsche is pathetic!

Yeah what went "down" is well known. No need to come here preaching like we are all idiots.

Rodas not Walker was driving a modified Porsche and wrapped it round a tree because of excess speed and maybe other things

For Rodas widow to try to sue the car maker - rightly thrown out of court

Walkers family have shown respect and kept quiet - RIP Walker

Rodas not Walker was driving a modified Porsche and wrapped it round a tree because of excess speed and maybe other things

The Walker family also has a lawsuit against Porsche.

Despite all the 'preaching' posts above, my comment stands, these guys were utter fools for driving like that on a public roadway, end of story.

Thank Christ they didn't kill some innocent child or somebody I cared about.

Spent a few years of my life fishing guts out of crashed cars, it only happened because of the idiot driving, had he been driving responsibly he'd still have his weekends for trackwork.

What a f#ckwit.

Somebody should file a suit against the estates of these guys. I wonder how many fools have tried to copy what they see in these crapp movies fast and foolish and died as a result?

Clearly these guys got their 'ambitions' and 'abilities' completely mixed up.

Died too young....too stupid to live long.

Somebody should file a suit against the estates of these guys. I wonder how many fools have tried to copy what they see in these crapp movies fast and foolish and died as a result?

What a bitter old . . .

What a bitter old . . .

You might say that but then again you didn't spend half your working life moping up the slop after innocent men, women and children were slaughtered by morons like these guys....

Now at a guess, it these tools had killed your misses and child, you'd be screaming from the rooftops.

Everytime I see an idiot kill himself rather than an innocent bystander I feel much happier.

Good riddance two them, two less morons likely to kill ur kid buddy!

Doesn't matter how good a driver is on a track driving on a road is very different..On a track if you make a mistake there are no trees or posts near the track edge, many circuits have run offs at dodgy places.

I would assume the driver was not adhering to the roads speed limits, in which case he was breaking the law, end of story in my opinion..

Right, cause nobody has ever died on a race track.

Doesn't matter how good a driver is on a track driving on a road is very different..On a track if you make a mistake there are no trees or posts near the track edge, many circuits have run offs at dodgy places.

I would assume the driver was not adhering to the roads speed limits, in which case he was breaking the law, end of story in my opinion..

I don't think transam tried to suggest that.

But what you and mr Ferrari up there don't seem to understand is that when someone tries to drive like a <deleted> on a public road and ends up wiping out your snotty nosed little brat who was minding his own business walking to school, some poor bastarrd has to come along and mop up the mess, then go break the news to the kids family.

Thank goodness this didn't happen this time and the only two morons that got cooked like a bad piece of bacon fat were Paul and his driver.

They had no control over what they hit and it was only good fortune or luck that netted such a good result.

The community where it occurred should sue both estates for the calamity they created, the money should go to promoting safe driving practice amoungst teenagers there.

Seriously, Paul walker was admired by many and his foolish actions (just getting in the car with the loser driving) has endangered many young lives. SHAME on him, shame on them both, pair of douchebags.

But what you and mr Ferrari up there don't seem to understand is that when someone tries to drive like a <deleted> on a public road and ends up wiping out your snotty nosed little brat who was minding his own business walking to school, some poor bastarrd has to come along and mop up the mess, then go break the news to the kids family.

Thank goodness this didn't happen this time and the only two morons that got cooked like a bad piece of bacon fat were Paul and his driver.

They had no control over what they hit and it was only good fortune or luck that netted such a good result.

The community where it occurred should sue both estates for the calamity they created, the money should go to promoting safe driving practice amoungst teenagers there.

Seriously, Paul walker was admired by many and his foolish actions (just getting in the car with the loser driving) has endangered many young lives. SHAME on him, shame on them both, pair of douchebags.

Its all good Bro, I dont got a snotty nosed brat.

As far as I am aware, not by a tree or lamp post jumping out in front of them. Though no doubt a ride on a track has taken off and found one at some time or other....

A JCB took out Jules Biachi.

Bitter, judgmental and low class. Feel bad for ya. Sad way to go through life.

The community where it happened? It was a desolate industrial park over the weekend that was empty. They weren't zipping around some public neighborhood.

I was hit by a drunk driver who killed my best friend and put me in the hospital for 3 months. I don't harbor any hard feelings and go through life being judgmental like you about drunk or reckless drivers. People make mistakes.

We have all made mistakes. This one was costly and extremely sad.

Paul Walker's charity work and giving to children. communities and places like the Philippines after natural disasters is well documented. Roger's is not. Roger was just as giving of both his time and his wealth to many less fortunate and those in their time of need. He was full of life, always had a big smile on his face and was very gracious to everyone he met.

Wish there were more people like both of them in the world. It would certainly be a better place.

Edited by F430murci

The community where it happened? It was a desolate industrial park over the weekend that was empty. They weren't zipping around some public neighborhood.

I was hit by a drunk driver who killed my best friend and put me in the hospital for 3 months. I don't harbor any hard feelings and go through life being judgmental like you about drunk or reckless drivers. People make mistakes.

Paul Walker's charity work and giving to children. communities and places like the Philippines after natural disasters is well documented. Roger's is not. Roger was just as giving of both his time and his wealth to many less fortunate and those in their time of need. He was full of life, always had a big smile on his face and was very gracious to everyone he met.

Wish there were more people like both of them in the world. It would certainly be a better place.

I will tell you, the funny part of this is, you have a point of view but before you express it you see fit to flame me or attemp to offend me by calling me names before you make your point. That act alone MrFerrari tells me YOU are the one that is bitter and with Low Class.

Now, you and I obviously both have different opinions on the issue, that's fine, you're welcome to your opinion and it's one reflected by a lot of amateurs and non professionals, on the other hand I possess both training and experience of somebody who's profession involved certain amounts of responsibility in relation to road safety and law enforcement and I will leave it at that. I've met hundreds of people with opinions similar to yours and I can even remember a few cases where I deal with imbeciles like this on the road side, warned them or fined them, spoke to them about adjusting their driving habits and the next time I saw them they were deceased entrapped inside their vehicle.

Regarding your flame, your partly right, I am judgemental about fools like these guys and you get that way when over decades you see the same thing over and over again where the only thing that changed is the names, times, dates and the blood stains. Normally it's innocent folk that die.

Irregardless of where these two were driving, clearly they were out of control and ANYBODY could have appeared in the line of their wrecklessness at that moment and died as a result. They took the gamble and lost.

Can you imagine the nasty remarks on this forum if it had been two Thai superstars in their Ferrari in bkk.

Anyway, don't feel bad for me, I'm cheering, it's your loser mates you should feel bad for.

Adios & drive safely now, remember it not only takes specialist training to drive at high speed, it also takes Constant practice and honing of ones skills all best done on a racetrack with the proper guidance etc. just having the funds to purchase a Ferrari doesn't cut it !

Most people lack any decent levels of driving skills and react poorly when their vehicle skids or yaws sideways (& often in the opposite way to the correct method for controlling the skid etc). Clearly the driver on this Occassion mixed up his ability with his ambitions, as I said before THANKFULLY he only cooked himself and Paul.

Be a good boy now and try to reply without displaying your low class tendencies to flame or offend ;)

I will tell you, the funny part of this is, you have a point of view but before you express it you see fit to flame me or attemp to offend me by calling me names before you make your point. That act alone MrFerrari tells me YOU are the one that is bitter and with Low Class.

Now, you and I obviously both have different opinions on the issue, that's fine, you're welcome to your opinion and it's one reflected by a lot of amateurs and non professionals, on the other hand I possess both training and experience of somebody who's profession involved certain amounts of responsibility in relation to road safety and law enforcement and I will leave it at that. I've met hundreds of people with opinions similar to yours and I can even remember a few cases where I deal with imbeciles like this on the road side, warned them or fined them, spoke to them about adjusting their driving habits and the next time I saw them they were deceased entrapped inside their vehicle.

Regarding your flame, your partly right, I am judgemental about fools like these guys and you get that way when over decades you see the same thing over and over again where the only thing that changed is the names, times, dates and the blood stains. Normally it's innocent folk that die.

Irregardless of where these two were driving, clearly they were out of control and ANYBODY could have appeared in the line of their wrecklessness at that moment and died as a result. They took the gamble and lost.

Can you imagine the nasty remarks on this forum if it had been two Thai superstars in their Ferrari in bkk.

Anyway, don't feel bad for me, I'm cheering, it's your loser mates you should feel bad for.

Adios & drive safely now, remember it not only takes specialist training to drive at high speed, it also takes Constant practice and honing of ones skills all best done on a racetrack with the proper guidance etc. just having the funds to purchase a Ferrari doesn't cut it !

Most people lack any decent levels of driving skills and react poorly when their vehicle skids or yaws sideways (& often in the opposite way to the correct method for controlling the skid etc). Clearly the driver on this Occassion mixed up his ability with his ambitions, as I said before THANKFULLY he only cooked himself and Paul.

Be a good boy now and try to reply without displaying your low class tendencies to flame or offend wink.png

Flame???

Specialist?, amateur?, and LOL at your terminology about trying to explain how to correct oversteer.

I started racing karts at 9 in 1978, was racing a 911 SC by 1983 in Porsche club and SCCA. Raced professionally in DP, GTLM, GT/2/3 and Champ Atlantic and Star Mazda in open wheel. Still have an old GT3 Cup (997) for PCA club days and a 458 Challenge I run in the Ferrari Challenge series.

Instructed for Skip Barber racing at Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta, won that series many, many years ago. Nationally certified racing instructor for PCA, PBOC racing, BMCCA and certified high-performance driving instructor Chin Motorsports and Audi club. Taught for Porsche factory at Barber Motorsports Park for their Porsche Driving Experience program.

As a driving instructor, I always stress the importance to keeping it on the track.

Roger had excellent car control skills and correcting oversteer is a non-issue. Something beyond his control happened, perhaps bad tires, reflector on the road, fluid or ??? Car control is easy and someone like him does not lose it unless something beyond his control happened. He knew both the car and that road well as it was the industrial road for his shop . . .