What's your favorite Kodi build?

Pakaty

If you have a mass of addons, an overloaded cache and dead packages around, it will degrade Kodi performance, even on a box.

Which is why you should remove addons you don't use, clear your cache and purge packages regularly.

These are Kodi basics.

I've just had a look at my box and it has an up-time of 89 days!

I never do anything, in terms of clearing or purging and there is no problem. How would I clear a cache? What cache? I'm confused now.

Edited by Morakot

If you have a mass of addons, an overloaded cache and dead packages around, it will degrade Kodi performance, even on a box.

Which is why you should remove addons you don't use, clear your cache and purge packages regularly.

These are Kodi basics.

I never do anything, in terms of clearing or purging and there is no problem. How would I clear a cache? What cache? I'm confused now.

Just use Addon Installer and install Maintenance Tool.

But if you're happy with what you've got, don't do it.

I find the Community Portal tool on noobs and nerds forum does the cleaning more thoroughly....totally removes cache, unused thumbnail folders, purges packages and frees up lots of space in kodi....keeps it running smoothly

Installation here:

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-total-installer-for-xbmc-kodi/

I used the maintenance tool from CP once and it uninstalled the common cache addon and another system addon from which the name slips me now. Pain in the arse to get them reinstalled.

I ended up with reinstall Kodi again. Since I use the maintenance tool from tv addons.

These are Kodi basics.

Just use Addon Installer and install Maintenance Tool.

But if you're happy with what you've got, don't do it.

Are you ruining Kodi on Android? This would explain and very likely be required to keep a system working.