What's your favorite Kodi build?

Pakaty

A lot of us are using Kodi these days. I see lots of references to it in many posts. There are lots of customs builds for Kodi. I have tried many and like a few. There so many to chose from I just wanted to get some suggestions on new builds to try. Or do you prefer Kodi vanilla?

Currently I'm using three:

Pulse-CCM (Jarvis)

The Beast v1.6

Spinz TV Premium Lite

I seem to be coming back to Spinz the most. Of course I still customize all builds with few of my favorite add-ons that are not included in some builds.

None…all builds are flawed because they need constant updating and the so called live tv links do not work after a few days.

Build your own, pay for a stalker sub and you're away….you don't need too may add ons anyway…I have less than a dozen.

Kodi is overrated for streaming anyway. I can see how the builds appeal to cheapskates with limited tech skills, but there are better ways.

Was it really necessary to belittle/talk down to forum members with your post vs offering help as the OP asked?

I like the very simple TVMC build. Its the one I always start with and then customize as I see fit. Dont care about the wallpaper and such, just want functionality.

I have used TVMC and I liked it but they are still using the same version of Kodi that they were using when I first tried it, Helix I think, there have been two new version of Kodi released now. TVaddons, they are the creators of TVMC I believe, still does have a lot of useful stuff though, and many of their add-ons are included in most of the builds I have tried.

Kodi is overrated for streaming anyway. I can see how the builds appeal to cheapskates with limited tech skills, but there are better ways.

Was it really necessary to belittle/talk down to forum members with your post vs offering help as the OP asked?

Just my honest opinion. Kodi is great as a media player/organiser, but what do all the add-ons really offer? Poor quality streams of programming can get elsewhere, and links that sometimes work so I can watch UK daytime tv in the evening.

None…all builds are flawed because they need constant updating and the so called live tv links do not work after a few days.

Build your own, pay for a stalker sub and you're away….you don't need too may add ons anyway…I have less than a dozen.

Flawed how? Because you think the live TV links don't work ?

For me the only live TV I ever watch are the news channels and they work fine. I also use an add-on World News Live that works very well for me. Other than that its TV shows and movies. I'm not interested in live sports either.

Just my honest opinion. Kodi is great as a media player/organiser, but what do all the add-ons really offer? Poor quality streams of programming can get elsewhere, and links that sometimes work so I can watch UK daytime tv in the evening.

Your entitled to your opinion of course. For a media player though I like Potplayer. I use Kodi for streaming movies, TV shows and news and I find it works quite well. Poor Quality? I don't agree.

I like the builds because they have different set ups or should I say organized differently than vanilla Kodi and often I find it more attractive and convenient to use. Also many times they introduce me to new add-ons that I have not seen before.

That being said, this thread was intended for people that like and use Kodi and enjoy trying new builds.

I do like and use Kodi. I've used it since it was XBMC.

Kodi is great as a media player/organiser, but what do all the add-ons really offer? Poor quality streams of programming can get elsewhere, and links that sometimes work so I can watch UK daytime tv in the evening.

As a media player it seems. And that's fine for you. Great.

The Minix "build" of XBMC cause that's the last build that worked on my X7 without audio dropouts.

I keep a copy of the latest build also just to see if they've fixed the problem as it should be a better technical build and I'll move to it whenever a new version works with audio.

I use Fusion, Xunity and a couple of other repos mainly for live or replays of sport. F1, Aussie NRL and WWE (sports only soap drama). ?

Some of the free streaming is fine and others not so good but I can live with it.

The Minix "build" of XBMC cause that's the last build that worked on my X7 without audio dropouts.

I keep a copy of the latest build also just to see if they've fixed the problem as it should be a better technical build and I'll move to it whenever a new version works with audio.

I use Fusion, Xunity and a couple of other repos mainly for live or replays of sport. F1, Aussie NRL and WWE (sports only soap drama). ?

Some of the free streaming is fine and others not so good but I can live with it.

Noneall builds are flawed because they need constant updating and the so called live tv links do not work after a few days.

Build your own, pay for a stalker sub and you're away.you don't need too may add ons anywayI have less than a dozen.

Flawed how? Because you think the live TV links don't work ?

For me the only live TV I ever watch are the news channels and they work fine. I also use an add-on World News Live that works very well for me. Other than that its TV shows and movies. I'm not interested in live sports either.

Because i KNOW the live tv links are hit or miss most of the time...the same old m3u lists being peddled around by the likes of husham etc.....ive tried andys build, the beast and spinz....and they all sucked balls. Updates every two days....tiresome.

Now ive got my own selection installed and there is nothing i cant watch (if it exists on the interwebz).

Edited by JHolmesJr

I'm stuck on 14.2 as my TOT IPTV box won't allow anything newer but I'm still more than happy with most of the add-ons. FilmonTV for UK channels works perfectly, no buffering etc but I use Mobdro on my Android phone with Miracast for EPL games. Genesis and Phoenix work well for TV series but it's more of a back up if Popcorn Time fails.

I've tried the various builds out and found none that work as well the original one from Kodi.

A couple of paid streams, installed in Kodi which is nice for organising the layout.

I use the Titan skin which lets you just create really big buttons for your favourite channels and submenus for the rest.

Modus operandi for that poster on just about every thread.

Sent from my IQ 5.6 using Tapatalk

I have got to admit I am out of my depth here, but please tell me----what am I missing.

Get all UK TV with VPN -at the times I want to watch it. Get any USA if I need it the same way---but most of what I take is from download sites.

Because of the time difference----there isn't a lot I want to stream, some football matches (UK) that kick off early I might, but they are there usually within an hour or so of the finish---if its a big one, the first half can be downloaded while their playing the 2nd half.

Movies of course from the usual places.

What I have a problem with is boxing......most top matches are pay for view HBO etc, does the set up you are discussing get around that..????

If so I would change----------Boxing Unlike the UFC which is also pay for view---but is available nearly immediately , is difficult to obtain especially the under card (up & coming boxers) that interests me a lot.

To answer the OP, I usually wipe/uninstall KODI each time I try a new build as I found a new build works better from the vanilla version of KODI. I am playing around with KODI Jarvis and the http://Kodimaster.com/repo repository. I enjoyed 'Andy's Build', then I tried 'Masked Riot' (fairly new) and, as of yesterday, I am trialling their latest light weight build 'Prodigy 1.1'. All these builds have a nice feel to them and deliver most of what I want, most of the time. Check out the Kodimaster repository - its easy to use. Last night I watched the Dortmund v Liverpool game on CTH channel 24, True4U, with TV commentary from KODI. The picture on KODI was not good but the commentary was excellent and synchronised with the picture on TV. That said, there was no buffering at all on KODI Prodigy 1.1 throughout the entire match. I also have TV Addons setup of KODI on another android black box that works well.

If you live in Thailand Nomad97-----that means you would have got up (or stayed up ) to about 3 am to watch that match.

I got up at usual time of 7 am this morning it was downloaded by the time I had made breakfast----so sat & watched it at leisure

...pausing where I wanted to.

If I lived in Europe, I would want to see it at 7pm--or--8pm. I find here a whole different scene.

KODI is ok, I don't know every build, the one I installed is ok, even if I don't know which one it is. I run KODI to watch tv (news) only.

The problem is that the addresses change too often. I'm interrested in French, Belgian and German tv.

Does someone have links where they publish addresses that are valid longer than 1 week?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

If you live in Thailand Nomad97-----that means you would have got up (or stayed up ) to about 3 am to watch that match.

I got up at usual time of 7 am this morning it was downloaded by the time I had made breakfast----so sat & watched it at leisure

...pausing where I wanted to.

If I lived in Europe, I would want to see it at 7pm--or--8pm. I find here a whole different scene.

I am quite often up in the middle of the night - getting older and arthritis pains! Just found a very good addon for KODI that lets you watch your favourite matches when you awake in the morning. No need to record - its there waiting for you and in HD too. Its 'Football Replays' and the author is Xunity Talks. Take a look - you will be pleasantly surprised.

Builds are normally bloated and you won't use most of the rubbish people stuff in them.

Take a vanilla kodi, choose the skin you like, download half a dozen add-ons and maybe a paid sub.

Back it up with ADBFire.

Push it to a device whenever you need it.

I used Andy's build for awhile I thought it was pretty good. I'm still mostly using Spinz, though I have other builds installed too. Sure there are some add-ons I don't use like the sports related ones. I could delete them but they don't bother me so I don't. I add some add-ons as well. Vanilla Kodi...nah not for me, too boring.

I'm still happy to hear about what builds other folks like so maybe I can discover something new. Like add-ons I have never tried and interfaces that I like better.

Builds are normally bloated and you won't use most of the rubbish people stuff in them.

Take a vanilla kodi, choose the skin you like, download half a dozen add-ons and maybe a paid sub.

But this is almost irrelevant how many add ons and skins you have for kodi. The "bloat" would be in terms of the OS, if you only run kodi, i.e. your box as media centre.

I don't really get this thread! Is this how your kodi is configured using ffmpeg instead of Libav? Or is it whether you compile it yourself instead of using the package of your distro?

giphy.gif

Edited by Morakot

But this is almost irrelevant how many add ons and skins you have for kodi. The "bloat" would be in terms of the OS, if you only run kodi, i.e. your box as media centre.

If you have a mass of addons, an overloaded cache and dead packages around, it will degrade Kodi performance, even on a box.

Which is why you should remove addons you don't use, clear your cache and purge packages regularly.

These are Kodi basics.