Buying Phantom 4 drone online from USA (taxes?)

Hi, my friend who is in to photography looking to buy newest Phantom 4 drone, cheapest in thailand its like 64000THB+

Direct price is 1399$ http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4?site=brandsite&from=buy_now_frontpage thats like 45 000thb

If he orders it online from DJI or ebay, would they charge import taxes? if so how much? or there is a way to get away with it?

Thank you

take it out of the packaging so it doesn't look new in case you do get stopped ( unlikely ) don't declare it and head thru the green channel. there is good chance he will walk straight through with it..

If you can find it at any of the companies affiliated to this company http://shop.borderfree.com/ then you can buy it and it'll be delivered duty free.

Any problems with the Customs Department are smoothed out by their agents as they have a G2G agreement.

you got it wrong. They don't have agreements for no tax and duty, but they calculate the proper duty and you pre pay it when you order

As well as they do not want any drug smuggling by drones.

I would check with any Thai laws pertaining to drones in general, My thinking is that the government does not want drones flying around with cameras.

I would check with any Thai laws pertaining to drones in general, My thinking is that the government does not want drones flying around with cameras.

100% correct, drone with camera's are forbidden unless having a valid permit

make it look 2nd hand (no box and all separate parts in a different suitcase) and if stopped say its broken but you bring to fix in thailand, because thailand very clever.

worked for me many times.

Did you also tell the customs officer that he's a hansum man?

I'm just wondering....

Why import the Chinese drone from USA (where you have already paid import tax & customs duty etc.) and then re-import it to Thailand and pay the duties all over again, when you could just order it directly from China and get it duty free or with low import duties due the Thailand's trade agreements with China?

From DJI.com:

Headquartered in Shenzhen, widely considered China’s Silicon Valley, DJI benefits from direct access to the suppliers, raw materials, and young, creative talent pool necessary for sustained success.

Yeah I would also buy the backpack that you can get for it, and put it in that. You will probably want that for the future anyway. Or one of the third party ones. Customs won't stop your family member, and if they do, it will look used.

Looks like the state of the art in this level of drone. So many great features. I'm returning from the states now and I was tempted to get it. If I was still working it would have come in super useful. But can't justify just for fun. If you have time, can you provide a review after you've practiced a bit?

I am pretty sure you will find a Phantom 4 for similar price in Thailand if you just contact some of the drone clubs here. They import the latest models from China so you will always get the best price directly from them .

There is a huge drone factory on the outskirts of Pattaya...they sell all sizes and let you do a demo in their parking lot to see if it fits your needs....they did a demo at the Pattaya City Expat Club not long ago....looked to be the real deal.....

Sounds good. U got any more info?

Location or company name?

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure you will find a Phantom 4 for similar price in Thailand if you just contact some of the drone clubs here. They import the latest models from China so you will always get the best price directly from them .

I did. And its a rip off

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

You can buy it on aliexpress for $1399 USD with free shipping via EMS.

With EMS you will have a very good chance it will arrive without any import taxes to be paid.

Buying it from the US it will likely ship either FEDEX or USPS.... both of them you will have a very good chance of it arriving and getting stung for import taxes.

Archived