Is it better for you not to know

On 07/04/2016 at 5:51 PM, rgs2001uk said:

Excellent first post, such an insight.

I can see you havent been here long enough to know, everything is just an illusion.

Is this the depths we have now reached, am I actually an idiot for replying, LOL

My beer is not illusory nor is my pad prik gaeng.

Nice try my little tourist friend. :biggrin:

• 5 months later...

I recently saw in another thread where a long term Thailand expat was asking the question ….. What is happening to this country . Well I’m starting to ask that same nagging question , as some one who has lived permanently here for over ten years the endless daily Thailand news stories just seem to be getting worse and worse , with constant murders / rapes / robbing / stealing / scamming / cheating / drug use / endless corruption and blood soaked roads the list is endless.

To me it does seem that Thais have forsaken Buddhism for Bahtism . Money is now the new god , and any means of obtaining it from selling drugs , stolen goods , deceiving , lying , cheating or forcing your young daughter into prostitution is fair game, where the me first above all others attitude and kill before loosing face is now the norm.

I know some will say , if you don’t like it bugger off back home , or that there are many other countries with similar issues , well Thailand is my home and looking back over ten years it does seem that not many things here seem to have improved for the better . May be I have reached the breaking point where just reading any news story's about Thailand or watching the endless Thai TV news programs depicting yet another sad event , is now just to much to take .

So may be its finally time for me to try and insulate myself from the endless constant negative stain that Thailand has become , by trying to avoid all Thailand news articles and Television news . How about you , have you finally had your fill of the Thailand is only going down hill syndrome . Surly constantly feeling like this is not good for any ones health.

• 1 year later...

I came across this topic by accident and it instantly struck a chord , the original OP made some interesting comments back in April 2016 about how depressing it can be if your following Thailand related news stories and how seeing the daily constant negative articles can make a foreigner who is resident in Thailand become depressed , angry and eventually stressed out.

Personally I have been residing in Thailand for many years , and I can honestly say it now feels like Thailand related news feeds are becoming even more negatively saturated on a daily basis. The Thai newspapers . Tv and social media now seems to be drowning in horrific depressing stories of murder , rapes , muggings , road deaths , child abuse , corruption and assorted unspeakable crimes.

I am fully aware that similar negative things are going on in other parts of the world, but surely not at the same crazy rate as Thailand .

Are you a Thailand news junkie , is all the Thai negative news getting you down. Or do you think that's its better not to know just how bad things are becoming in Thailand.

10 hours ago, Williamthe2nd said:

I came across this topic by accident and it instantly struck a chord , the original OP made some interesting comments back in April 2016 about how depressing it can be if your following Thailand related news stories and how seeing the daily constant negative articles can make a foreigner who is resident in Thailand become depressed , angry and eventually stressed out.

Personally I have been residing in Thailand for many years , and I can honestly say it now feels like Thailand related news feeds are becoming even more negatively saturated on a daily basis. The Thai newspapers . Tv and social media now seems to be drowning in horrific depressing stories of murder , rapes , muggings , road deaths , child abuse , corruption and assorted unspeakable crimes.

I am fully aware that similar negative things are going on in other parts of the world, but surely not at the same crazy rate as Thailand .

Are you a Thailand news junkie , is all the Thai negative news getting you down. Or do you think that's its better not to know just how bad things are becoming in Thailand.

I could make the same statement as above, only everywhere in the post stating Thailand I would have to put USA

On 4/7/2016 at 11:32 PM, puukao said:

i have never watched the news or read the papers....i have blocked every website but this one...

i wear earplugs and have hours of conversation with my cat

one guy a few years ago talked about something called an ocean and land far, far away

the hot thing in the sky is interesting...

then changes at night maybe .

One of the best post's i have read here on TV,but did you know the hot thing in the sky is the Thai one,anywhere else they are not the Thai one,i like you talk to my cat,it provides a better response than my wife,that is of course because she tends to spend 24/7 on her phone, woke up at 3 am last night to go to the bathroom,she is still texting,today she said 'i tired,not sleep good'. 'oh was it the moonlight shining through the curtains" she paused,'yes the curt no good' i told her there was no moon last night[well a bit of a one],  'Thailand have moon' she shouted at which point i resumed talking to the cat.

Archived