Honda Winner 150

Namplik

Finally checked out the Honda Winner. Very disappointed to say that it doesn't fit me. Super cramped for a tall person and the seat has an aggressive "hump" that pushes you forward. Sigh....

The overall dimensions are larger then the Yamaha Exciter but it feels much smaller for some reason. Must be the seat and foot peg positions. The people at Honda even laughed at me while I was sitting on it. cheesy.gif Oh well...

Funny that the Wave 110 felt more comfortable then the winner. Maybe I'll buy that and save $1,200... coffee1.gif

Split the diff.

Wave 125.

Alloy wheels.

Easiest bike to sell, methinks.

Get the exciter then.

If size is an issue and you like wider tyres why not just get a CBR150?

There is no under seat storage on the exciter, so apart from perhaps being a little more upright i don't see the point in having one over the CBR.

The CBR150 is almost bulletproof. Racks etc can be attached with the added advantage of having a higher top speed so longer road trips are quicker, not to mention probably a lot more fun in the twisties, if you like that sort of thing.

i can understand ! i m tall too

i did a trip south to north Vietnam with honda wave 110 cc.... during 3600 kms...without problems....except i need more power :) but comfortable bike

I used to despise the "semi auto" bikes. My Nouvo recently caught a flat late night so I borrowed my girls bike. It's a new wave 110 FI. You know what? I liked it! I was shocked how light, nimble and torky it was. Light years ahead of that clapped out dream I had years ago. Damn fine machine for just over $1,000 USD.

Finally checked out the Honda Winner. Very disappointed to say that it doesn't fit me. Super cramped for a tall person and the seat has an aggressive "hump" that pushes you forward. Sigh....

The overall dimensions are larger then the Yamaha Exciter but it feels much smaller for some reason. Must be the seat and foot peg positions. The people at Honda even laughed at me while I was sitting on it. cheesy.gif Oh well...

Funny that the Wave 110 felt more comfortable then the winner. Maybe I'll buy that and save $1,200... coffee1.gif

Split the diff.

Wave 125.

Alloy wheels.

Easiest bike to sell, methinks.

Sound advice. The wave 125 is called the "future" here and it's a really nice bike. Nice wide saddle. Huge under seat storage. Can pop the seat latch from the ignition (this is a big deal for me). Plus the extra 15 CCs doesn't hurt.

https://honda.com.vn/old/vn/xe-may/san-pham/future-125cc/

But it's $400 more then the 110 and its uglier in my opinion. Still considering it though. But at that price I'm in Nouvo / Air Blade territory. Tough call. Just got robbed too so that hurt my bank roll.

How tall are you? (in metric)

this is same for all brands, all models...for cars, motorcycles, clothes, smarphones....

it s a mix between copy & inspiration & technology & cost....

Rubbish! It has nothing to do with cost, it is pure laziness and lack of imagination...string the buggas up for producing a ringer.

the only reason they don't sue for copyright infringement is because they all do it.

In the old days they would have committed harry carry for this disgraceful behaviour, so much for modern Japan.

a running joke in the MX world about the Japanese manuspost-80695-0-11471700-1467155935_thumb.j

194cm all legs. None of these bikes are designed for a lanky farang but there are better options then the Winner. It is a great bike though. Best looking bike in the Honda dealer here. Appears to be well made. If you're average height I say go for it.

Get the exciter then.

If size is an issue and you like wider tyres why not just get a CBR150?

There is no under seat storage on the exciter, so apart from perhaps being a little more upright i don't see the point in having one over the CBR.

The CBR150 is almost bulletproof. Racks etc can be attached with the added advantage of having a higher top speed so longer road trips are quicker, not to mention probably a lot more fun in the twisties, if you like that sort of thing.

I'm in Vietnam and the bike options here are abysmal. 175cc cap so it's all scooters. Yamaha makes an Fz-150 that is really nice. Probably the best option. It's a proper motorcycle but at $3,300 I just can't justify the cost. The Exciter has basically the same engine and it's $1,000 less. I may end up with the Exciter. Also looking at a wave. ?

That new Cbr looks great! Love it in all white. Only issue is that bike would need to be imported and it would be stupid expensive. I'd also rather not own one of the hottest bikes in the city... Thieves would come pay a visit.

194cm all legs. None of these bikes are designed for a lanky farang but there are better options then the Winner. It is a great bike though. Best looking bike in the Honda dealer here. Appears to be well made. If you're average height I say go for it.

Get a dirt bike.

Better visibility too.

Love the look of that XR150. Unfortunately they don't carry them here

Hey I thought the ASEAN agreement was in place. Free trade within member states right? So can I import a bike from Thailand without import tax? Imported bikes are so expensive here but I thought things would change after the ASEAN trade deal.

For example Yamaha r3 is over $7,000 here. It's only $5K in the states. ?

i think you can find in Vietnam Honda XR 150 (made in China by Honda)

i know this company in HCMC https://web.facebook.com/tigitmotorbikes/photos/a.10152482658508982.1073741827.364241363981/10154307011678982/?type=3&theater they have new one (for rent)

so i think you can find a Honda Shop and you can order

Thanks! I'll check them out. I know of http://xecontay.com They have some imported bikes but I'm concerned about parts availability. If I'm on a road trip and I get a flat or need a random part, the Honda dealer won't have shit for the XR. Waves are no problem.

Sure would love a crf250. Perfect for the flooded streets and pot holes. ?

i think you can find in Vietnam Honda XR 150 (made in China by Honda)

i know this company in HCMC https://web.facebook.com/tigitmotorbikes/photos/a.10152482658508982.1073741827.364241363981/10154307011678982/?type=3&theater they have new one (for rent)

so i think you can find a Honda Shop and you can order

Thanks! I'll check them out. I know of http://xecontay.com They have some imported bikes but I'm concerned about parts availability. If I'm on a road trip and I get a flat or need a random part, the Honda dealer won't have shit for the XR. Waves are no problem.

Sure would love a crf250. Perfect for the flooded streets and pot holes. ?

• 2 months later...
On June 28, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Still Living said:

Just picked up my new toy. Decided to buy the Winner even though I thought it was a bit small. It's not so bad. I'm having a blast with this thing. Scary fast compared to my crappy old Nouvo. Brings a smile to my face and it's not even broken in yet! 

Price was $2,040 out the door here in Vietnam. Came with an HJC full face helmet which was a nice surprise. 

image.jpeg

Just from a marketing perspective, can anybody tell why APHonda should import this motorcycle? Will it fill a untouched market? Will it in any way introduce a possibility that it would compete with a local produced product...? How about off-shore parts storage... etc etc...

The real reason is that Honda Asia is that they still selling Honda CBR150Ri like pancakes... and nobody want to interfere with that if they have any future plane with the carerer in Honda Asia....

12 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

Just from a marketing perspective, can anybody tell why APHonda should import this motorcycle? Will it fill a untouched market? Will it in any way introduce a possibility that it would compete with a local produced product...? How about off-shore parts storage... etc etc...

The real reason is that Honda Asia is that they still selling Honda CBR150Ri like pancakes... and nobody want to interfere with that if they have any future plane with the carerer in Honda Asia....

I would love to have the CBR150 but it's an import here and it would cost twice as much as the winner. These fully manual style underdones are selling like crazy in Vietnam. The exciter is one of the most popular bikes on the road. 

I recall seeing several Exciters on my last trip to BKK. If they sell well then why wouldn't Honda introduce some competition? I suppose it would take some sales from the CBR. What's a new cbr150 cost in Thailand? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The Honda Sonic was extremely popular years ago but they oddly pulled it from the market; maybe for emissions.

Now that most taxi bikes are automatics I wonder if a Winner or Sonic would sell well again here; people are lazy.

I like these types of bikes because they split traffic very well; sadly they make no concessions to utility or comfort.

My Raider was designed for midgets so I had to raise the bars and seat to get it to a tolerable ergonomic stance.

On the plus side it is the narrowest bike I can think of so perfect for BKK traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2016 at 8:40 PM, Still Living said:

Just picked up my new toy. Decided to buy the Winner even though I thought it was a bit small. It's not so bad. I'm having a blast with this thing. Scary fast compared to my crappy old Nouvo. Brings a smile to my face and it's not even broken in yet! 

Price was $2,040 out the door here in Vietnam. Came with an HJC full face helmet which was a nice surprise. 

image.jpeg

Nice bike, i love it

Dont have in THailand, so i m looking for to buy a YAMAHA NMAX 155 

• 1 month later...

3,000km update if anyone cares. Great bike and I'm loving it. It's a bit cramped for long rides two up. Around the city it's perfect. Gets up to 100kph pretty quick when I'm on it alone. Plenty fast for the driving conditions here. I read it's the same engine as the CBR150 so you might be familiar with it. 

I added some hooks to hang shopping. Also bought a shad box last time I was in BKK. Stores my helmet, gloves, raincoat and locks. Handles my grocery bags when I'm wearing the gear. Very happy with the shad box even though it's a bit of an eye sore. 

Life is good! 

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Where is Honda Winner? I have been waiting too long. Looks like the Exciter will be the replacement to my 16-and-a-half-year-old Sonic.

I can't buy the Raider on the grounds it looks identical to the Sonic and thus seems to lack progression.

Where is Honda Winner? I have been waiting too long. Looks like the Exciter will be the replacement to my 16-and-a-half-year-old Sonic.

I can't buy the Raider on the grounds it looks identical to the Sonic and thus seems to lack progression.

Love the Exciter!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app