Honda Winner 150

Namplik

This 150cc under bone market is getting interesting. Honda just announced the "Winner" here in Vietnam. Corny name aside, it looks pretty good.

http://paultan.org/2016/04/07/2016-honda-winner-150-launched-in-vietnam/

Big tires, 6 speed, 150cc motor. If this is priced the same as the Exciter I think it will do very well. I'd imagine Thailand would have this bike shortly after the release here.

I also see Suzuki has the fuel injected raider out now. A few countries have the Honda Sonic but these bikes look too small for your average foreigner.

I was just about to purchase the Yamaha exciter, but now I think I'll wait until June to see one of these Honda Winners. What do you think?

post-246366-0-25313700-1460087852_thumb.

post-246366-0-28213700-1460087865_thumb.

post-246366-0-07595900-1460087876_thumb.

post-246366-0-61912900-1460087891_thumb.

Edited by Still Living

In the last three years, I have bought two new Hondas (Wave and Spacy) and one new Yamaha (GT125).

My next small bike will almost certainly be another Yamaha.

The small Hondas are very useful appliances, but they handle very poorly compared to the Yamaha.

Way more fun riding the Yamaha and the superior handling feels safer. I can go full-speed on the Yamaha with no wobble. The Hondas are not nearly as steady as the Yamaha, at any speed.

I paid almost the exact same price for all three of them. 43-44 thousand.

No more small Hondas for me.

In the last three years, I have bought two new Hondas (Wave and Spacy) and one new Yamaha (GT125).

My next small bike will almost certainly be another Yamaha.

The small Hondas are very useful appliances, but they handle very poorly compared to the Yamaha.

Way more fun riding the Yamaha and the superior handling feels safer. I can go full-speed on the Yamaha with no wobble. The Hondas are not nearly as steady as the Yamaha, at any speed.

I paid almost the exact same price for all three of them. 43-44 thousand.

No more small Hondas for me.

Did you buy your Hondas with steel spokes?

The Exciter is a great bike and I still might buy one. Just waiting to hear the price on the winner. I like the overall bigger size. Larger front tire, led headlight, and Kickstarter. The Viet Exciter has no kick starter. ?

It's also a more mature looking bike. The race boy graphics on the Exciter put me off. And the rear end is a mess with those Christmas tree bulb turn signals and bulky two piece fender. That would get changed immediately.

The winner is basically a wave with a CBR150 engine. I think it's a "winner". Hopefully its the same price as the competition.

post-246366-0-29554100-1460101080_thumb.

Edited by Still Living

6-speed

touche'

How is that better? I really don't know so please educate me. I figured it's just one more click my foot has to do in traffic.

1. More gears ==> increased performance & efficiency.

2. Thanks for saying 'please.'

3. a. good exercise.

b. 6th is for the hi-way, not traffic.

c. or try a twist 'n' go

i) very popular

ii) much less physical or mental effort required.

I wonder if anyone will release a 150cc auto underbone that isn't fat and fugly (ie. pcx and nmax). Something slim and trim like the exciter/winner but automatic.

Good idea.

AirBladeMax. w/ 16" wheels.

Or NouvoSport150fi

Honda also had an full auto Wave110 a while back.

Didn't sell well.

Much decreased fuel economy vs. auto-clutch 110.

Still had to maintain a chain.

• 1 month later...

Not a version of the Exciter, it's a facsimile.

Will anyone on this continent do anything original?..... saai.gif

I can just see the pencil-necked bean-counters, beavering away in Honda's design department and coming up this this.

It should be banned and they should be hung drawn and quartered for lack of imagination.

Edited by AllanB

6-speed

touche'

Many years ago I hankered after a Cagiva Mito as it had a 7-speed gearbox. Then one day while riding in Indonesia i caught up with the bus and on the back it said "Mercedes 9-Speed"

After that the hankering for 7 was not so strong.laugh.png

this is same for all brands, all models...for cars, motorcycles, clothes, smarphones....

it s a mix between copy & inspiration & technology & cost....

Rubbish! It has nothing to do with cost, it is pure laziness and lack of imagination...string the buggas up for producing a ringer.

the only reason they don't sue for copyright infringement is because they all do it.

In the old days they would have committed harry carry for this disgraceful behaviour, so much for modern Japan.

Edited by AllanB

Just got a call from Honda. My local shop here in Vietnam got them in. I will buy one and do a proper review. Was going to buy the exciter but the winner is better looking and has better specs. Glad they have some accessories for it. Need that rear rack for a shad box. I think it will be a great city commuter / touring bike.

papa actually likes this.

Takes me back to my first bike purchase here Nouvo135.

With only 300km. on the clock, lashed on a medium sized suitcase and duffle,

took off from Chiangmai to Buriram.

Swell except for having to un- & re-lash at each frequent fueling.

Small tank, gas-hog at speed.

Small under-seat tanks maybe not optimal for adventure turing, dunno.

Nice red & black.

papa actually likes this.

Takes me back to my first bike purchase here Nouvo135.

With only 300km. on the clock, lashed on a medium sized suitcase and duffle,

took off from Chiangmai to Buriram.

Swell except for having to un- & re-lash at each frequent fueling.

Small tank, gas-hog at speed.

Small under-seat tanks maybe not optimal for adventure turing, dunno.

Nice red & black.

Totally agree. I did the same. All over Vietnam and Cambodia on a clapped out Nouvo. Suitcase bungeed onto the back seat. Fun times but I won't do that again.

The small tank sucks but hopefully with a nice top box and a medium sized back pack strapped between your knees you can ride comfortably for most mid range trips. Gas up easy and have a pretty partner on the back too. ?

post-246366-0-39860500-1465302662_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally checked out the Honda Winner. Very disappointed to say that it doesn't fit me. Super cramped for a tall person and the seat has an aggressive "hump" that pushes you forward. Sigh....

The overall dimensions are larger then the Yamaha Exciter but it feels much smaller for some reason. Must be the seat and foot peg positions. The people at Honda even laughed at me while I was sitting on it. cheesy.gif Oh well...

Funny that the Wave 110 felt more comfortable then the winner. Maybe I'll buy that and save $1,200... coffee1.gif